What are the first things you notice when you first meet someone?

D

deleted3782

When you first meet someone, what are the first things you notice about them? Is it something physical? Intellectual? Spiritual? Why is this the first thing you notice, and what does it indicate about your priorities?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The first things I see are eyes and smile. Then it goes to over all physical carriage (posture and confidence), followed by grooming habits, wardrobe and shoe choice.
Intelligence and sense of humor would follow after we have had at least a brief conversation.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Teeth!
I don`t care about looks much, but teeth are what matters, I guess it`s a hygiene thing....Bad teeth-I really don`t wanna know what the rest looks like!
Intelligence and humor value most!

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Face and hair, their grooming and smell and their clothes. Someone's personality is like wine needing time to breath before being poured, it can take a bit of time to warm up and display its full range of flavour.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I thought i was the only one with a nice teeth fetish haha
Glad im not :p
Well I wouldn`t call it a fetish...I just think teeth show good health:wink:
Face and hair, their grooming and smell and their clothes. Someone's personality is like wine needing time to breath before being poured, it can take a bit of time to warm up and display its full range of flavour.
Oh, I love your metaphore, I just don`t agree with it.
I used to give men second chances believing in things you said, but in my experience if he is boring and lacking vividness on the first date, he is boring in general!:biggrin1:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Oh, I love your metaphore, I just don`t agree with it.
I used to give men second chances believing in things you said, but in my experience if he is boring and lacking vividness on the first date, he is boring in general!:biggrin1:

Ah you see that's the point, I don't give second chances because I don't make snap judgements which might with time be proved right or wrong, I wait and then make my decision once the person has made it clear what they're about. :wink:

Some people make awful first impressions but turn out to be lovely.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
from a distance...the first things I notice are...build..general appearance..

up close eyes, teeth, *teeth are a major thing with me*... Hygiene. After that...they have to have a great personality or everything else is a moot point.

Also, to have a chance in hell...they cannot smoke. No matter how hot they are....no exceptions ever...

xX_Sarah_Xx

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For a guy, height and how broad his shoulders are first, that's an unconscious thing. Then no matter the gender I notice the eyes next... they really are the windows to the soul. Goes together with the smile and laugh; a person has to have a genuine laugh that reaches the eyes, not a fake-polite one. I would also definitely notice yellow teeth. Followed by level of confidence and behaviour towards others (not just me). They have to be fun to talk to and I don't want to have the feeling they don't know what to say next.
Overall, I trust very much on my first impressions of a person. I either get the feeling I can trust them, or that I can't, and depending on that I open myself up to them. That usually goes for their level of 'selfishness' too. That's probably a wrong word... the level in which the world evolves around them rather than the other way around? I can't really explain... it's a feeling-thing.

All the rest comes later :rolleyes:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well if there pleasant and friendly or grumpy and unfriendly make or breaks it for me. I'll be nice to anyone who is nice to me.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For a guy, height and how broad his shoulders are first, that's an unconscious thing. Then no matter the gender I notice the eyes next... they really are the windows to the soul. Goes together with the smile and laugh; a person has to have a genuine laugh that reaches the eyes, not a fake-polite one. I would also definitely notice yellow teeth. Followed by level of confidence and behaviour towards others (not just me). They have to be fun to talk to and I don't want to have the feeling they don't know what to say next.
Overall, I trust very much on my first impressions of a person. I either get the feeling I can trust them, or that I can't, and depending on that I open myself up to them. That usually goes for their level of 'selfishness' too. That's probably a wrong word... the level in which the world evolves around them rather than the other way around? I can't really explain... it's a feeling-thing.
Damn woman; the words right out of my mouth, but I wouldn't have made it quite so eloquent.:tongue:

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tits.

Because real women have tits. Big tits.

Once I've assessed the bra size, if it's sufficient I look at the face. If its at least pretty then I am officially impressed.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I notice a guy from far away I look at height, shoulders and how he presents himself in general. Does he look comfortable and confident?

Up close, the first thing would be his smile. Clean white teeth, a smile that reaches his eyes, hopefully a few little laugh lines around his eyes (that shows me he laughs and smiles a lot.) I would say their chest, arms and hands come next. If I walk up behind them I like to see a play of muscles underneath their shirt as they reach for something. I do not mean a muscle bound God, I mean just a nice build in general, I want to know that he takes care of himself. On to the hands, I like to paint and draw so this is always an area of fascination for me. Let's not forget fingernails. I abhore dirty fingernails, but I'm not really interested in a manicure guy either, because more than likely he is not going to get dirty with me. I like a general neat appearance, clean, but I could care less where his clothes come from. OH and the next most important thing is where are his eyes while talking to me!

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Of course the first would what I could look at first, which is his outer appearance. Then, everything else, will be learnt in my friendship with him.