What are the REAL chances of STI from giving blowjobs?

boxlawn

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I am older and happily married to a woman, but I have a NEED so suck cock every so often. I do it at a local cruising beach, always with someone new. I go a couple of times a year. Most guys won't let me suck them with a condom. I sucked condomless cock for the first time last year, it was amazing and I want more. Afterwards I had no sex for two weeks then got tested. All clear. My wife is kinda OK with the odd NSA encounter but bringing home a diesease is an obvious no-no.

So you CAN get chlamydia, herpes, gonorrhoea, but what are the real chances. How many different cocks have guys sucked before getting an STD?

D

deleted808122

I know some very, VERY, busy knob gobblers who have gone decades without a slip-up, but there's still risk. The simple answer is "yes", there's a non-zero chance of catching various transmittable bugs from putting an infected piece of meat and/or cream in your mouth. Ultimately, this is a risk appetite, tolerance & management exercise.

While there are plenty of scholarly papers on the topic (and consultancies who thrive on helping organizations find the right balance), it all boils down to this: Is sucking dick so valuable to you that if you catch a bug and pass it along to someone you don't want to, regardless of precautions/screening/treatment, it's not the end of your world?

If the answer is "yes, it is that valuable", then you need to consider what you're willing to handle to just deal with it. If she's not going to leave you, or make your life absolute hell, if there's a slip-up, then you need to ensure that you and she know that you're looking our for her health and well-being. Pre-screening partners, contact tracing, regular testing, etc. will lessen the risk and increase the trust, although that will whittle away a good percentage of the dicks you may want.

On top of the risk-management, throw being a dyed-in-the-wool sizequeen to the mix, like yours truly, and the number of loads you take is drastically reduced. [Damn, I could use a good throat stretching right now]

boxlawn

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Thank you for the well considered response. It is exactly that risk equation that I am trying to figure out. The unknown variable for me is the magnitude of that non zero risk. Is is 1 in 100 or 1 in 1000 cocks? I know it depends

chancesare

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What about the risks if you’re the dude being sucked??
I got a throaty bj from from a guy with a long straggely beard. When I saw the state of his house, I should have walked out. It was disgusting, and with his long straggly beard, pale skin, and sunken-in eyes, he seemed just as dirty. I got NGU, which is when you get an infection is your dick that is not otherwise an STI (i.e. Chlamydia, syphilis, etc.) It cleared up with antibiotic, but it made me feel gross. I believe that the guy didn't have an STI, but he shoved bacteria up my cock with his throat bj (i.e. choking on my cock and using that to rub onto my cock).

Now I always pee as soon as I can after a blow job and wash my dick with soap and water when I get home.

NoH8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I got a throaty bj from from a guy with a long straggely beard. When I saw the state of his house, I should have walked out. It was disgusting, and with his long straggly beard, pale skin, and sunken-in eyes, he seemed just as dirty. I got NGU, which is when you get an infection is your dick that is not otherwise an STI (i.e. Chlamydia, syphilis, etc.) It cleared up with antibiotic, but it made me feel gross. I believe that the guy didn't have an STI, but he shoved bacteria up my cock with his throat bj (i.e. choking on my cock and using that to rub onto my cock).

Now I always pee as soon as I can after a blow job and wash my dick with soap and water when I get home.
I agree, for the recipient it's important to wash before and after and peeing after helps too. It's a good idea to regularly inspect the penis for discharge, sores or warts too.

The OP asks about risk - so I would research the prevalence of STI's in your city. The well known ones are easily transmitted by a BJ. (Though not HIV except with the presence of mouth sores, cuts or other infections).

I once got Gonorrhea, "the clap", from blowing a stranger who gave off a sneaky/guilty vibe, confirming I shouldn't have gone home with him. People with openly gay friends, or who are open about their social life are unlikely to be hiding something like this. (Whereas people in denial are unlikely to be tested).

You should visit your local clinic or doctor regularly (after each new encounter if it's 3 or 4 times a year), and don't be afraid to discuss each encounter; the doctor just wants to make sure you're healthy. Hopefully, you'll have contact details. Ideally, get tested after each new man. Antibiotics can fix a lot in about a week. Your local gay helpline will be able to refer you to a clinic if you need one.

[By the way, having the clap in the throat is the worst sore throat you'll ever have! You'll know when you have it! Trouble is, other things like herpes, thrush and chlamidia may not show up for a while and might not be as obvious at first. The danger period is the period when you're unknowingly infected.]

My opinion is that you shouldn't have sex with your wife/partner again until you're sure that you're clear. If they are understanding, they'll appreciate that you have their health in mind.

Reactions: deleted808122
D

deleted817718

You can use condoms to give blowjobs. Together are a pretty standard thing for me when I was sucking cocks. I was introduced to this practice by girlfriend who was really insistent on using them for oral and vaginal sex

njfellow2002

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If the cock has STD, wouldn't you be able to see? Look up some herpes picture online. It is pretty visible.
sometimes, but not always. Chyamida is often undiagnosed in males, in fact. Herpes, only if there is a flare up--but still can be contaigous without/before a flare up. Risk is lower with oral but exists. Condoms best option.

D

deleted817718

sometimes, but not always. Chyamida is often undiagnosed in males, in fact. Herpes, only if there is a flare up--but still can be contaigous without/before a flare up. Risk is lower with oral but exists. Condoms best option.
Condoms are great too! I think I am the only guy I know that actually loves using condoms

love2compare

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Funny, i also always liked the condoms until i got my vasectomy! My wife would always put them on my dick and i found it really hot like that!

A formerly known bi-curious friend of mine got chlamydia but only found out via his wife having them!!!!!! Obviously she found out about his whole hidden life. Today he lives an open gay life and is divorced from his wife. After hearing that story i totally cut from letting just any guy suck my dick!!

fitguy1

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The risky part is this - I’ve gone in a couple times for my 90 day PReP appointment over the past seven years and done a full STI screen and had it come back positive for both G/C. And I had ZERO symptoms. Being asymptomatic is very common.

It’s a calculated risk. But I love cock. ‍♂️

Reactions: binj4le
D

deleted1000191

I asked my doctor about the dangers. He advised me to take the cock as deeply into my mouth as possible, so the majority of semen goes directly down my throat. I like the way my doctor thinks.

D

deleted808122

I asked my doctor about the dangers. He advised me to take the cock as deeply into my mouth as possible, so the majority of semen goes directly down my throat. I like the way my doctor thinks.
That's one (only one) of the reasons I ask my tops to grab my head and hold it down when cumming, to get that deep feeding. The risk of oral or dental infection is minimized.

Another trick is good oral hygiene, but no brushing or flossing on the day of, until after the feeding.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I’ve gotten an std from getting blown. It happened to me twice, both times were many years ago, probably 15-18 years ago. Both times it was as a previous poster mentioned, NGU. One of the doctors told me that there are just so many germs that live in the throat and it doesn’t have to be chlamydia or one of those bacteria, it can be as simple as bacteria from someone with a sinus infection and having drainage. He said that if you go back far enough in a persons throat, it’s easy to catch some sort of infection. Both times a simple round of antibiotics cleared it right up, but I learned my lesson and don’t let random strangers suck me off.

So if I can get one from being sucked off, I’m sure you can get one from giving one.

Brettdude3

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I’ve gotten an std from getting blown. It happened to me twice, both times were many years ago, probably 15-18 years ago. Both times it was as a previous poster mentioned, NGU. One of the doctors told me that there are just so many germs that live in the throat and it doesn’t have to be chlamydia or one of those bacteria, it can be as simple as bacteria from someone with a sinus infection and having drainage. He said that if you go back far enough in a persons throat, it’s easy to catch some sort of infection. Both times a simple round of antibiotics cleared it right up, but I learned my lesson and don’t let random strangers suck me off.

So if I can get one from being sucked off, I’m sure you can get one from giving one.
what were your symptoms of NGU? Painful urination?

AceWilde

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I got chlamydia in my throat from giving a blowjob. To give you an idea: my doctor said that was really rare as usually anything you swallow wouldn't stay in the area long enough to get chlamydia, but I guess I got lucky. With anything STI related for oral, it's also more of a risk if you have any cuts in your mouth.

But if it helps you feel better, when I got diagnosed, all it took was a single pill that cost me all of five dollars and I was cleared up so it wasn't bad at all.

I got it from receiving a BJ. Piss pipe burns and stings when ejaculating or taking a leak.