What are the Reasons why a swimmer would wear more than one speedo?

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What are the Reasons why a swimmer would wear more than one speedo?

I know that waterpolo players sometimes do it in case the outer suit would somehow be ripped off, but why do swimmers do it?

(I know I even did it sometimes for waterpolo, so I could wear a smaller suit under to hold my cup in place and then my team suit over it)

Some will say drag, but why would they wear double suits for meets then?

Lucky old worn out speedo perhaps?

(think this was some of the reason on my team, I never wore two suits during a meet but I know toward the end of the season when my speedo was getting sorta ratty for practice I didn't want to get a new one as the other one had brought be success, I didn't realize till after the season was over just how see thru my suit had gotten, and even now when I look at it I can't belive that I wore that for practice and no one ever said anything. )

Borrowed team suit?

(I know one team a buddy was on didn't have enough team suits for everyone, so most guys would wear there personal speedos so during a meet they could share the team suits for the races.) (I know this sounds really weird but it was in a less funded program where the school and the parents didn't have alot of money, and as all speedo buyers know that they can sometimes be pricey for what they are, and this was before the techno suits that guys wear these days)

To make the "tackle" less obvious?

( I could possibly see this since on some guys, well alot of guys, depending on how they position there dicks, you can totally see there cut/uncut status, and like the entire cock outline, especially in a plain color non black speedo, and if their pointing up) (NOTE: my favorite suit for lap swimming is solid royal blue nike, and I point up)

Last edited:

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So it doesn't come off when diving in or while doing flip turns.

Isn't this what the drawstring is for? I never had a problem with suits coming off, UNLESS I forgot to tie it, though LUCKILY I never had an incident with my suit comming off during practice or a MEET. I did witness it happen to some of my teammates though, and guys on other teams, if they forgot to tie it.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Isn't this what the drawstring is for? I never had a problem with suits coming off, UNLESS I forgot to tie it, though LUCKILY I never had an incident with my suit comming off during practice or a MEET. I did witness it happen to some of my teammates though, and guys on other teams, if they forgot to tie it.

Good point, I was just throwing it out there as a possibility. Maybe the 1st speedo acts like a compression short and smooshes larger penises down flat, so as not to cause the swimmer embarassment. :confused:

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
wear a cup for water polo? I've heard it is done but never knew anybody who did it or saw a pic of a guy wearing one. apparently the speedo had to be really tight to hold the cup in place or the guy could get "wrecked".

any particular brand preferred? educate me.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
wear a cup for water polo? I've heard it is done but never knew anybody who did it or saw a pic of a guy wearing one. apparently the speedo had to be really tight to hold the cup in place or the guy could get "wrecked".

any particular brand preferred? educate me.

Yea sizing is definitely important to keep it in place.

Brand of what? Swimsuit or cup?

I might just have to take a pic with my cup in my speedo for you sometime.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I don't know how well it'd work in a swimsuit, but the removable cup in the Under Armour jockstrap is by far the roomiest and most comfortable I've ever worn. The edges that rest against your skin are coated with soft rubber, the plastic is fairly flexible, and there are a few good-size air vents to help prevent things from getting swampy in there. I'm 6" soft with very large balls and I find that cup to be entirely comfortable.

Steve

Speedos4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good question.
I think it's the ultra-modesty issue again.
A Speedo bulge is a Bad Thing so let's do all we can to eliminate it ...

eastbaydude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I swim on a masters team and spend 6 or 7 hours a week in chlorinated water that eats through swimsuits fast. The reason fro wearing two suits is to get more miles out of them. When you end up with two suits that are worn too thinly to wear (in polite company), you can wear two together and get loads more miles out of them.

I've never heard of anyone wearing a double suit to prevent any kind of wardrobe malfunction. Hope that deosn't kill anyoone fantasy.

bmsredneck

Just Browsing
Media
Two suits creates more drag in the water, making it harder to swim. This helps create a harder workout. Helping you swim faster in the actual race when you are only wearing the single speedo or speed suit.

eastbaydude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Two suits creates more drag in the water, making it harder to swim. This helps create a harder workout. Helping you swim faster in the actual race when you are only wearing the single speedo or speed suit.

Some guys talk about using a second suit to increase drag during practice. I'm not sure they really know what they are talking about. Unless the second usit is a pair of jeans, it's not going to make a difference. And a second speedo? It's not enough of anything to do anything all. Unless you are a very serious, competitive swimmer, the suit or suits make no real difference.

If you want to add resistance to yoru work out, try pantyhose. I used to work out with a guy who swore by them. I wasn never able to prove him wrong or right. It looked too stupid to try it.

D_Tyrone_Tittickler

Experimental Member
Media
Some guys talk about using a second suit to increase drag during practice. I'm not sure they really know what they are talking about. Unless the second usit is a pair of jeans, it's not going to make a difference. And a second speedo? It's not enough of anything to do anything all. Unless you are a very serious, competitive swimmer, the suit or suits make no real difference.

If you want to add resistance to yoru work out, try pantyhose. I used to work out with a guy who swore by them. I wasn never able to prove him wrong or right. It looked too stupid to try it.

Panty hose? Only Joe Nameth could don a pair of panty hose and get away with it, but, yeah, even he looked ridiculous.

PackedSpeedo?

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I swam competitively growing up, through college and still today for triathlons. Swimming in two suits during practice was very common for drag; including meets that you were not targeting. You can argue whether the drag was physically very much or not; but in your targeted meet mentally I did feel faster with only one suit (the smallest size I could squeeze into).
Why do swimmers shave for their targeted meets? How much drag does body hair cause…not much, but shaved you feel like a torpedo.
In practice I have also swam in pantyhose…drag in more than one ways I guess.

The need for squeezing out every 1/100 of a second possible is not (whether mental or not) a priority of mine now. I spend roughly 10-12 hours per week in the water and have little trouble w/ the suit becoming paper thin…only advice is to shower w/ suit on after workout or rinse thoroughly. I have a short walk from locker room to pool; spend very little or no time hanging out on the deck, so appearance is something I do not worry about.

On a side note; while swimming in college each week we did a timed set of repeat 100’s at max level. Girls would volunteer to come in and record the time for one particular swimmer, which was graphed over the course of the season. It was a tradition the last time of the season to swim this set to remove your suit and toss it on the deck. I never seriously dated any of these gals, but did have a lot of fun with some of them.

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
Confirming the training value of two speedos. I belong to a swimming club and quite a few train in two speedos, one over the other. I have even seen some swim in competition this way, but I don't know why.