What are you looking for in a relationship?

actioncfc

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
What are you looking for in the other person? Same sex or different? What is your type in looks? What does he or she have to do to make you melt? What is that small thing (pun intended) you look for in actions or comments? What will make you say let's move in together or your the one for me?:smile:

guysluvme

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
its all about sharing. are you pleased living single? why couple if there's any hesitation. you can have it all; just be a pet owner and have great friends.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
*takes out "shopping" list*

One of the biggest deals of the person would be their heart - Is he/she kind, gentle, considerate and thoughtful? I also think that honesty and forthrightness is key - How can I relate with you on a deep and personal level if you're ducking and diving from relating with me all the time? I cannot love a blank. I would need for that person to have a sense of humour, to be easy to relate with and to "get" me. Actions speak louder than words....so don't just show it, say it. Let me see who you are and how I slot into your life.

This is what matters the most to me.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What are you looking for in the other person? I used to have a list until a wonderful man who didn't meet any of my criteria came and rocked my world to it's foundations. Now my list is far less finite and almost non-existent.
Same sex or different? Different. I am a woman who LOVES men!
What is your type in looks? I'm not sure I have a facial type. If past beaus are any indicator I like men over 6'1" with love handles and blue or green eyes. Hair color ranging from strawberry blonde, to platinum blonde, to jet black and one or two who were just beginning to bald. :smile: Freckles and large or broken noses are fun and add character. As for overall physique, if my past boyfriends and lovers are any indicator it seems I like white men of Italian, Irish, German, or Polish descent.
What does he or she have to do to make you melt? He should love children and animals, but not in a creepy way. :tongue: He cannot be an egotistical, self righteous, arrogant jack-ass. Oh yeah and love me unconditionally with his whole heart the way I love him. :love:
What is that small thing (pun intended) you look for in actions or comments? Must have a great sense of humor! Like walking barefoot in the grass, or on the beach, should hate beets like I do and not be offended or hurt when I take over in the kitchen.
What will make you say let's move in together or your the one for me?:smile: As an old fashioned heterosexual I don't believe in living together; to me it's just playing house. Plus, I have seen it end badly more times than it has worked out.

If you can commit to a 15 or 30 year mortgage together than why can't you commit to each other for that long? :confused: :rolleyes: I don't care what anybody says, legally divorce is easier than palimony. It is more cut and dry and less nebulous.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Someone that will except me for who & what I am, not what they think or want me to be. Also, someone who has grown past playing games, life's to short for that nonsense.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What are you looking for in the other person? Same sex or different? What is your type in looks? What does he or she have to do to make you melt? What is that small thing (pun intended) you look for in actions or comments? What will make you say let's move in together or your the one for me?:smile:

I do have a "shopping list" so to speak, but most of what is on that has to do with personality and views, not looks. I have only met one man who fit all my criteria, in my entire life - unfortunately, he was already happily married to someone else. I am hoping to find a single version of him.

Personality and views: He has to be interesting to talk to (to me anyway, with my quirky and geeky interests including indie rock and world music and theoretical physics :biggrin1:). He also has to be liberal and truly believe in women's equality - in words and in actions. Besides being kind and good-hearted, understanding and all that good stuff...

I have never wanted children, so I want someone who does not want them, however, I don't want someone who would be mean and cruel to them! :eek:

Obviously different sex...

My type in looks? I don't have a specific "type" really. I'm usually attracted to tall, lanky men, but I rarely have ever dated them! I usually date tall, stocky men. Either one is fine with me. Shorter men are fine with me, too.

I have lived with a boyfriend, from 1995 to 2001. Part of that was economic necessity on my part. I wasn't making enough money when I first moved in (and it was a 2-hour drive from where I used to live before that). We got along for the most part during those years. I moved out in 2001 because he lost his house to foreclosure. (he hadn't had a steady job since 1997, and has now not had a job in several years). By that time I was making enough money to afford my own place, but I continued to be involved with him, and still am to some extent. He does not fit all my criteria though. One glaring way he doesn't is his inability to hold down a steady job. (Not that I'm all that great in that department these days either!) We did not go in on a mortgage together or anything. He already had a mortgage when I moved in, and I helped him out by paying rent, although I was not able to pay enough for him to keep the house.

actioncfc

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I want someone who is honest, self sufficient, reliable, interesting, funny, and bring out the best in me

Too much to ask for?

I don't think that's too much to ask.

But Spice Girl if you want to be my lover you got to get with my firends. :biggrin1:

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Someone that will except me for who & what I am, not what they think or want me to be. Also, someone who has grown past playing games, life's to short for that nonsense.
Someone that's willing to accept us for who we are is usually not good enough for us. :rolleyes:

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And I haven't met a woman yet that didn't want to change me either.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Someone that's willing to accept us for who we are is usually not good enough for us. :rolleyes:

Speak for yourself stud. I have yet to meet the man who didn't want to change something about me.
But what I'm saying is if you meet someone that accepts you, then you would probably want to change something about him. I mean you could lower your standards enough to find a man that doesn't want to change you, but then you wouldn't be happy with him.

Ideally, both people have a few faults that they'd like to change but they accept each other.

...now I'm wondering what they wanted to change about you.

Kimahri

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
While I'm black, I generally like white or latino guys. Like them from around 5'8" on up to 7'0". Definite preference for taller guys. As far as build, I'm not too concerned as long as they wear it well. I've a weakness for red heads. Cock size doesn't play a huge factor. In fact, I'd rather have a guy around my size so I can bottom on occasion without being split open.

As far as what I want in a relationship? I want a buddy. A guy I can play video games with, workout with, chill out with...do all that stuff that guys do with their friends. There just would be an additional element added on top of it. The sexual component.

alteran

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i want a guy that is honest, kind, and likes me for me. I happen to be a complete and total tomboy, (actually use to wish I'd been born a boy) I like football and mud and action movies, explosions, blood and guts.. the works. I usually dress in jeans and a t shirt.
If I'm going to date a guy he has to except me for me. I refuse to change who I am or what I wear to please someone else, because I feel like it would be changing who I am.
and frankly jeans and t shirts are fucken comfortable, and I refuse to be uncomfortable simply because the damn clothes look nice.

hotguy8884

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I honestly just want someone I can snuggle in with on the couch and sit there for hours and hours.

I just want someone to care for me, who I can care for. All that extra shit is a bonus.

Rob <3