What are you watching?

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
So, I recently discovered Good Girls. Watched both seasons on a 2 day binge. Rewatching season 2 now for the gang friend scenes. Cuz Manny Montana fucking KILLS it

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
was watching
a brilliant doco on HISTORY channel
re the British trying to take over INDIA in the day
none of that humbug can/will happen now huh
nuclear plugged allies or not

why does LSU wait until the last game of the season to play down...or to play terribly?

college football national title game.

GODHEAD PLATINUM

Loved Member
Media
just rewatching the two-part première to series 12 of doctor who, 1 week late hot takes coming soon
thoughts:
- i really, REALLY missed the cold opens. oh yeah i know how they impregnated in the new series as some piece of counterfeit americanization but at this point they also feels so 'who' now that im kinda sad we'll no longer get them in the remaining episodes
- nice to see what the fam is up outside of their adventures w the doctor, but i cant shake off the frustration about how underdeveloped ryan and yaz went last series. that alone just make those scenes register as sketchy to me
- loved the runaway gag of the tardis being repared from under the exterior just like a car, and loved it even more when i found out that it actually managed to piss some people off
- sonic screwdriver slash magic wand slash swiss Army knife being render useless and having the doctor to actually think her way out of that firetrap... MORE of that!
- i'm a simple f4g, i see stephen fry on something, i watch the damn Whole hell of it. not so sure abt what i feel with the statement of UNIT and torchwood confirmed as gone. one can hope they adress it and dig further the reasons and consequences of the new status quo in future storylines
- O is such an adorable dork that u feel almost immediatly stupid for missing all those red flags and clues around his character in a rewatch. And I want sacha to murder my vagina
- enters Daniel Burton, and every bond-ish billionaire megalomaniac in post-Musk/Google fiction now must be some sort of internet champion and wants to decimate humanity for reasons. i get it dude, the highbrow elite stinks, its safe and sound trope playing, and at least Lenny Henry keeps the cheese out to prevents a henry van statten territory, but i recall you promised us RISKY and BOLD plans chibs
- and the kasaavin. god. first time i saw them in the trailer i thought they would be some kind of manifestation of the white guardian or shit, but then, what we got was...ok? multidimensional menace always had a special kind of alure to me, but beside the CGI gimmicks, do we know what they really are, conceptually speaking? DNA manipulators? walking interdimensional portals?encarnate hard drives? lousy rip-offs of the boneless creatures from flatline? the wiki page on them in Tardis database does not help to clear things up and instead just pigeonholes them in a "Light" "race", and i dont blame them for that at all
- the companions are going✈ london spy!! (but without the sodomy part. refreshing to see they finally getting their hands dirty. dialogue still feels wonky in places tho
- some people been complaining that graham sounds more and more like a stereotypical cockney and was given less screen time while the duo ryasmin had more room to compensate the lack of development and renovate the (supposed) childhood bond that was barely touched since, like, the rosa sparks episode in early s11. that exactly episode was also the first and only one written by a person of color in the entire story of the show. bear this in mind, as rounds of applause are reserved to the former by a specific part of the fandom while these same folks keep imploring that said character should have been the doctor. and speaking of the wonders of psycological projection directed from writing room's demographics...
- ladies and gentleman the fucking master is back!! while we're not really sure about sacha's incarnation place in the timeline, i'd put my money in some where between the saxon and missy regenerations, 'cause, i really want that fine ass redemption arc to be the very final last of this character. not that i mind it being another way, as delightfully deranged this master proved him self to be, and as long as we keep seeing more of him, im all for it. *mj rodriguez - deliver.mp4 intensifies*
- oh hello Mrses. Arbitrary Historical Cameos!! however, ada lovelace ' s felt more earned than, say, Noor Inayat Khan who is just there to be a means to an end of this fake woke script that throws the mindwipe consent debate in the trashcan
- just as pointlessly he cames, Daniel Burton went, sadly to abandon what thus far were an enjoyable shady villainous performance for straight cliched Matricide It Up, for after that poofing out of the story unscathed, maybe to high-five his good ol' mate Jack Robertson
- that eiffel tower showdown .... very mixed bag, but lets start with the goods: jodie ' s performance, hunnies.. girl is absolutely at the top of her game here. no doubts at this point that sis IS the doctor, and the material she gets here is meaty, she completely dominates the room and solds that frickin contrived plan and make it seems oh so easy. she is total having the time of her life as the doctor and i couldnt be more happy for her
- master........ what a hottie. they really had to put the first POC incarnation to act as an nazi officer, then callously make the doctor outs him as one to the freakin Nazis. look, i wouldn't mind if it here, like Simm or Michelle, WHITE actors because, if u know the master like me, u know how he dont compares at all to hitler. the master is so much WORSE than that fucker. but my point being, the problem is not in the text (okay maybe it is) but the context, the simbolic. the doctor is supposed to be this warrior for (social) justice in the purest sense of the word, whether you like it or not, and Chibnall just decides to make this Universal Icon of Hope and Equality weaponizes an South Asian man's ethnicity in the same episode as u brought the Real Life example of someone who was sent to a concentration camp... its just plain tasteless. didnt u guys have like script editors or proofreaders to discuss this shit out??
- and THAT revelation. arcadia burns once more, but i couldnt be more unbothered really. in 56 years, do u remember the last time the time lord lore had any actual significant growth? forget RTD's EAD books-inspired time war and Moffat cop out of its conclusion. there was none since, maybe, 1978's the invasion of time which introduced the de-mat gun and gallifreyan caste system. i honestly think we are fine without them, and would worry more abt whatever retcon chibs has in store from now to their backstory if that ultimately means a subsequent return.
- we did it folks, we lived to see Chris Chibnall rip-off Time and the Rani
- the tardis interior gets blue, as if reacting to the loss of its home world, was a beautiful touch, and naturally i dont need to go there and talks about jodi's performance again. but i should, superlatives aplenty. the bouncy and energetic thirteen gazed into the abyss, and the monsters who will fights with her by now should take care.
O ver all, a messy and frustrating extravaganza, but an entertaining one nonetheless.
part one: 8/10
part two: 7/10

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Watching the doggos run a pre-bed sweep of the house. Priority seems to be the food bowl, full. The water bowl, yep. Kittens, present and accounted for. No signs of obblegobbles or zombies. Now they will wait for someone to go pee and steal a primo spot on the bed.

Background sounds and flickers is the second Starship Troopers movie.

Reactions: lms28 and BigdongSE