What are your favorite comedy movies

simbasa12

Experimental Member
Media
D.C. Cab is still one of my favorites. Some great lines from this movie. Tyrone was hilarious.
The beginning is great-
YouTube - DC Cab funny beginning

D.C. Cab (1983) - Memorable quotes

Strange Brew was great when I was a teenager. Have not seen it in years. Time to get donuts and beer and watch it again to see if it still holds up....

Something About Mary is probably my #1. Saw that one with my mom. She cracked up at the 'hair gel' scene. Probably more out of embarrassment than anything else. Franks 'n' Beans!!!!!!!!!

1941 was great.

Can't believe I forgot about Peter Sellers and the Pink Panther series. The slo-mo Cato fight scenes....priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA8QrOAghZ0

Last edited:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It was such an amazing cast; sadly only Peter Falk, Jonathan Winters, Mickey Rooney, Carl Reiner and Dick Shawn are still alive.

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963) - Full cast and crew

Oh dear. Sorry to break the news to you but Dick Shawn died April 17, 1987 during his stage act at UC San Diego of a massive heart attack. It took a while before the audience realized he had just dropped dead. But died he did do. He was sort of a loopy sexy favorite of mine for years, as far as comics go. And could out-improve anyone -- according to Johnathan Winters.

Sad but true Nude person of New York. :redface: See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Shawn

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh dear. Sorry to break the news to you but Dick Shawn died April 17, 1987 during his stage act at UC San Diego of a massive heart attack. It took a while before the audience realized he had just dropped dead. But died he did do. He was sort of a loopy sexy favorite of mine for years, as far as comics go. And could out-improve anyone -- according to Johnathan Winters.

Sad but true Nude person of New York. :redface:

Oh I'm sorry to hear this... I was very busy and preoccupied in the 80's!

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Not much into "comedy" flicks. A couple of favs were mentioned (The Blues Brothers, Dr. Strangelove). First thing that came to my mind was The Pink Panther. The first and original. The sequels were crap, imo. ("It must've been hell")

I also get a kick out of "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka" ("You was whistling 'Willie help get the bitch offa me'?")

How 'bout Catch 22? That was a f**kin' scream, eh?

The Pink Panther Series were side splitters

curioustitan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Anybody else ever seen "Booty Call" with Jamie Foxx, Vivica A. Fox and Tamala Jones??

Nasty and funny.

And do Quentin Tarantino "actioners" count as 'actioners' or comedies?
Because i've spent a great deal of time laughing throughout the duration of a great many Q.T movies.... ;)

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Beetlejuice is one of my all-time favorites.

This is Spinal Tap and Pee-Wee's Big Adventure are also excellent.

A

AM_092

Shakespeare in Love, Miss Congeniality, She's the Man, White Chicks, Sorority Girls, School of Rock, My Best Friend's Wedding, Tropic Thunder...

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Anybody else ever seen "Booty Call" with Jamie Foxx, Vivica A. Fox and Tamala Jones??

Nasty and funny.

And do Quentin Tarantino "actioners" count as 'actioners' or comedies?
Because i've spent a great deal of time laughing throughout the duration of a great many Q.T movies.... ;)

Heck yes, very funny

B_Anita Dick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The best of course are those that you can watch over and over and over and still laugh everytime.

Airplane (started a genre)
Caddyshack (Bill Murray at his finest)
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (classic ensemble)
Ferris Beuhler's Day Off (c'mon, we ALL wanted to be him then)
Young Frankentein
Blazing Saddles
Monty Python and the Holy Grail