What are your gym showers like?

birthday suit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Shower curtains can be highly unhygienic. So I think it's definitely better for a gym to have open showers.
Curtains are just nasty full stop, but FWIW my experience of gyms I've frequented over the years is that they've invariably had either communals or proper cubicles (in one instance, both, the provision depending on which changing room you used!) The main problem with the cubicles is that they're typically poky and claustrophobic, and it's quite easy to bash your elbows against the walls if you're not careful.

I'd still rather use a communal, BUT if establishments are going to have stalls then the least they could do is build a decent sized wet area with big spacious ones, rather than cramming in a row of depressing little grey cupboards each the size of an old fashioned phone box.

dannyboy971

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The showers in the gym i go to are open with 12 shower heads most guys shower naked some keep swimming trunks on, i always shower naked and have no problem being naked in front of other men

FrankieGuile

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The showers in the gym i go to are open with 12 shower heads most guys shower naked some keep swimming trunks on, i always shower naked and have no problem being naked in front of other men
We'd hang a medal on you, Danny, but don't know quite where to hang it.

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Open shower with three heads mounted on the wall. I like it because it is limited to 3 people taking a shower simultaneously. :)

Nah. Two can share each head making for a more "intimate" shower experience. :)

Jon1971

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
IDK about anyone else, but it would have to be a very good friend for me to share a shower head. I can only think of 2 that I would even consider sharing with.

• Love
Reactions: RL_Praha and BillM

Kudo

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Funny that you wrote this... :joy: I remember once the middle head was damaged, and a guy asked the guy on the other side if they could share. He said NO, then he asked me, and I replied with a big grin... if you let me touch your butt, and he jumped right in, I did not touch it. :blush:

new2day

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
About 6 cubicles with translucent glass dividers. You can't see the person next to you, but I have seen the outline of a few with erections over the years.

Sadly most people tend to shower at home now, or just smell. Rare to see anyone naked in the locker room during the week. Slightly older crowd at weekends who are a lot less shy.