What are your gym showers like?

harrylee74

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
at the university where i go work out and swim during my summer vacation it has Large comunal showroom with about 12 shower poles steam and sauna room on the other side of the lockers have seen both cut and uncut in all sorts of sizes and appearances

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's interesting that your university has a large communal showroom with 12 shower poles. Personally I would prefer not to shower in a showroom but I suppose that some people like it.

batnballs67

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
at the university where i go work out and swim during my summer vacation it has Large comunal showroom with about 12 shower poles steam and sauna room on the other side of the lockers have seen both cut and uncut in all sorts of sizes and appearances
Sounds like a great place to finish off a workout!

Reactions: mwm_massage

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Where I work out, there are individual shower stalls with curtains in front. The curtains have a full-width window about chest high the purpose being to prevent activities other than showering to occur. There are no supplies, i.e., no body shop, soap, shampoo, etc. However, there is a shelf upon which one can put one's glasses and supplies.

determinedtogrow

Expert Member
Media
Mine has a blend of open showers and closed shower enclosures. 95% of the guys who shower use the closed shower enclosures. However, overall, I would say that 90% of all guys who workout at my gym never use the showers. They arrive in their gym clothes by car, bike or car and leave in their gym clothes, avoiding the showers all togethers.

determinedtogrow

Expert Member
Media
If I do weights only, I don't shower. Most of the time however, I run for about 45 minutes intensly on the treadmill and I'm drenched in sweat after. Since my trips to the gym are usually sandwiched between errands around town, I have to shower before putting back on my street clothes and continuing with my day. In my case, it would be rather gross not to shower.

meatal_head

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Around here if you want open showers you have to find an older gym. I drive 30 minutes out of my way to go to the one I use now. The good part is that I will rarely see anyone I know personally there. It is mostly an older crowd and most guys are still OK being naked some.
The newer ones (which cause my 30 minute drive) actually have booth showers and one even has booths to change in. I went there once and walked around naked and I felt like everyone thought I was a perv. It didn't help that walking out of the shower booth area was a full length mirror at the lockers with a straight on view. The few who showered other than me dried off in the booth and wore the towel skirt. I dried off outside the booth and walked the fairly long hallway to the locker nude and was very visible in the mirror.

I could tell by reactions that a. most guys look especially if there is a mirror and b most were not comfortable with the old style locker rooms.

chadstallion

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I recently joined Equinox. They have amazing facilities, the showers are always pristine, with frosted windows to enjoy hot silhouettes and kiehl products
Crunch in WEHO @ Sunset had those frosted glass shower walls. Down the long hallway leading to the locker rooms. One side had female showers - other side guys. Lights were placed in corners of walls to allow silhouette of the person showering. Very erotic!!

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When I was a kid it was assumed that males were not concerned with being seen naked and if a boy was shy about being seen naked, it was in indication that counseling was needed. My how things have changed.

After working out at my gym the showers are all open. I've never been shy about my body. We all just stand around the shower heads and let it all hang together. Never have a hard on we are just guys showering off

Reactions: Jewish and Flyguy88