What are your gym showers like?

Auggiecakes

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I haven't had foot fungus since I was a kid. It cannot survive except in a damp environment. Once I stopped wearing shoes in the house and started wearing non-leather athletic shoes elsewhere except when I absolutely had to dress formally, I never again had trouble with foot fungus, even when using gym showers. One reason people wear sandals and flip flops in the tropics where the humidity is usually high is to prevent foot fungus.

Idk to me gym showers smell funny and are generally dirty unless you go to a fancy place like equinox or L.A fitness. When I was with LA I'll admit it was clean but most places are bad. Who knows what hides in the grout lines.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Idk to me gym showers smell funny and are generally dirty unless you go to a fancy place like equinox or L.A fitness. When I was with LA I'll admit it was clean but most places are bad. Who knows what hides in the grout lines.

Surly it's reasonable to avoid dirty showers. They are clean at the gym where I work out, but there is another problem. The shower stalls are rather small and the shower head is up high. As a result, I cannot avoid having excessive water sprayed on my back and that results in itchy skin.

When gyms changed from gang-type showers, they made it much more difficult to keep them clean by greatly increasing the wall area.

Reactions: IsaiahGreen

Sexromasex

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As I get older I prefer to shower at home. Foot fungus is not something I want to take home with me.

I am always puzzled that north-americans do not use flip flops, everyone of them, when they are taking a shower in a locker room. Seriously, I cannot understand why a country that takes in such consideration the personal hygiene does not use this basic equipment.

Surly it's reasonable to avoid dirty showers. They are clean at the gym where I work out, but there is another problem. The shower stalls are rather small and the shower head is up high. As a result, I cannot avoid having excessive water sprayed on my back and that results in itchy skin.

When gyms changed from gang-type showers, they made it much more difficult to keep them clean by greatly increasing the wall area

Very true. My Y has an open shower and it is very clean for this reason.

Reactions: AdamFin

bigmanfan

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My gym has private shower rooms, very well maintained but I kind of miss having the odd naked man around, my last gym had private shower cubicles but a shared changing room.

Alex22876

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As I get older I prefer to shower at home. Foot fungus is not something I want to take home with me.

Good luck with not getting it just from the floor in the changing room. It takes a lot of effort and hopping around to miss it.

Just pee on your feet :) if you do it at the gym, you don't have to worry

Reactions: AdamFin

My gym in Berlin has public showers. There are three heads, but they are separated from each other by a small wall. So you can't see who's showering next to you, but when you're going out of the shower, you're all in the same corridor.
What is better, the guys in the locker room can see you while you're going to grab your towel, since the showers aren't 100% separated from the main locker room. Sometimes I enjoy drying myself in front of guys changing clothes.

Reactions: effedi7

I am always puzzled that north-americans do not use flip flops, everyone of them, when they are taking a shower in a locker room. Seriously, I cannot understand why a country that takes in such consideration the personal hygiene does not use this basic equipment.

I use them, but sometimes I'll still get a case of athlete's foot. It does limit the number of times that it happens significantly I see a lot of guys who don't use them at my gym which I don't understand either. I started wearing them religiously about 28 years ago when I started seriously hitting the gym. I got a nasty case of athlete's foot from not using them at the time. I honestly had no idea what it was that I had until I went to see a doctor about it. It's horribly uncomfortable - itches, stings and burns at the same time. I use Tinactin to treat it when it happens.

HairyMuscle

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I use the gym at my work, there is a shower area with 12 shower heads along one wall of the lockeroom which is completely open. I love it

What type is of company is this?? You ever get a gang of lads showering together?

Dubhda

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What type is of company is this?? You ever get a gang of lads showering together?
It's a large police station, yea there are busy times when every shower head would be in use. Can see everything from the locker/changing area, just one big room. So everyone just let's it all hang out, no covering up really

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I use them, but sometimes I'll still get a case of athlete's foot. It does limit the number of times that it happens significantly I see a lot of guys who don't use them at my gym which I don't understand either. I started wearing them religiously about 28 years ago when I started seriously hitting the gym. I got a nasty case of athlete's foot from not using them at the time. I honestly had no idea what it was that I had until I went to see a doctor about it. It's horribly uncomfortable - itches, stings and burns at the same time. I use Tinactin to treat it when it happens.

When I was a kid I sometimes has problems with athlete's foot until I found the solution.

The fungus which causes athlete's foot can survive only in a moist environment. When I learned that I stopped wearing shoes at home after which I had no more trouble with athlete's foot. It also helps to avoid wearing shoes which will not permit sweat to evaporate quickly. Wearing athletic shoes which do not trap moisture helps. It has been decades since I've had to deal with athlete's foot.

gymman2020

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My gym has to where you can the doors are that foggy glass material but you can see just enough. It's wack but I leave my door crack just in case. Saunas are usually a good time. I just hate when the custodian keeps cock-blocking literally.

Reactions: Scott6428
D

deleted1236757

Equinox DC and Equinox Bethesda has super clean bathrooms with glazed door showers. You can see the outline of guys and in DC, one shower is aligned with bathroom mirrors so it's hard to not notice a guy a showering in the mirror behind you. It's professional though so no one looks at each other. The straight guys are more likely to show all and walk naked or half cover themselves in the steam room actually.

Reactions: Clrwtrdlbud71-fl