Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Would be nice to find a gym in New Jersey. Where I can work out, then shower off, and while showering have the chance of joining someone to wank off with :joy: :joy: ... Only a dream I guess as a younger guy..

You don't need a gym - you need a bathhouse with a workout room...

ajs414

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My gym still has a large communal shower room - probably 12-15 shower heads. It doesn’t have Bradley poles, but the shower heads are along the walls and are in groups of 3. So at times when the gym is really busy, 3 guys will have to cram into each section and shower 6 inches apart from each other.

There is also a sauna outside the showers that faces the towel rack area. The sauna wall is all glass (I believe to prevent cruising) but that also means that you have a full view of everyone going into and out of the shower area.

With all of that, it’s virtually impossible to shower and not be exposed to people in the sauna and the showers. 50-60% of the guys just walk around naked, because there’s no privacy in the sauna or showers either. It has a very communal, masculine vibe which I think is becoming more rare.

ajs414

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My gym still has a large communal shower room - probably 12-15 shower heads. It doesn’t have Bradley poles, but the shower heads are along the walls and are in groups of 3. So at times when the gym is really busy, 3 guys will have to cram into each section and shower 6 inches apart from each other.

There is also a sauna outside the showers that faces the towel rack area. The sauna wall is all glass (I believe to prevent cruising) but that also means that you have a full view of everyone going into and out of the shower area.

With all of that, it’s virtually impossible to shower and not be exposed to people in the sauna and the showers. 50-60% of the guys just walk around naked, because there’s no privacy in the sauna or showers either. It has a very communal, masculine vibe which I think is becoming more rare.
I also live in a relatively small city. Less than 500,000 people. So that means I’ve run into friends, colleagues, old professors, etc in the communal showers. Surprisingly never awkward. I think the guys that decide to use communal showers are comfortable with seeing people they may know.

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I also live in a relatively small city. Less than 500,000 people. So that means I’ve run into friends, colleagues, old professors, etc in the communal showers. Surprisingly never awkward. I think the guys that decide to use communal showers are comfortable with seeing people they may know.

Haha. My city is less than 115,000 population and I never run into anyone that I know other than the regulars that tend to hit the gym at the same time that I normally go.

Reactions: ajs414

ajs414

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Haha. My city is less than 115,000 population and I never run into anyone that I know other than the regulars that tend to hit the gym at the same time that I normally go.
Fair point. I think it’s likely because my gym also has the city’s main recreational centre attached. Lap pools, squash court, etc. So it’s common for non-members to pay the day pass and use those amenities.

Reactions: effedi7

HarryBlack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nice one! Big gym I used to be a member of had big long shower room. The frosting washed off the shower partitions over time and there was plenty of neighbourly wanking going on.
Totally hot. My current gym is like this. You get wank action every single day!

Oh ok. Haven't been there for a while. The showers used to be in an L shape when I last went.
They are, but if you're in a stall in one part of the L you're sort of diagonally opposite some of the stalls in the other.

BCH

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When telling about your gym could you list the name and city? I go to 24hr mostly in Upland. California. The showers are opposite each other in an L shape and only have a partition that sticks out about a foot. I have had so much action there because of the openness while still being protected from a full view due to the L shape layout. The reason is that if a guy wants to play he can show off really easy. Yesterday, a muscular Arab guy (beard and close-cut haircut) walks into the shower room and takes the opposite stall from me. We are the only ones there. He then takes off his shorts and he's chubbed up. I was about to leave when he walked in. I soaped up my dick a little and he got fully erect. We jacked and he came really quick. I just love watching men be men. The other day the showers where full and I know one or two of the guys were disappointed lol with the crowd lol Alls safe until someone gets a boner lol

hardboy_fll

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's only awkward if you make it awkward, so don't make it awkward.

Reactions: dbd1830