What are your insecurities and worries?

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I tend to view my equals as superior and that in itself gives me insecurities about so many insignificant things that I view were significant, and that holds me back in some ways.

And I'm insecure as hell about my looks. I mean it's on and off, one second I look at myself in the mirror and think, damn, that should be illegal, then the next day I wake up and swear that I'm the ugliest motherfucker on the planet. In turn, that also makes me insecure about women as well, much like every guy is. I'm just afraid that the people I love the most will either stop loving me, or die, or go insane, or something to prevent them from being themselves. Pretty common stuff. I think.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
One of my main insecurities is sticking my neck out and allowing myself to be wrong. I hate to feel inferior, or to be the one that steps up and ends up taking others down with them.

In some ways, I am insecure about my looks. Normally when around other ppl, I automatically tend to sort the more popular and hotter girls into the unattainable category. Some of those girls I would never be interested in anyway, but it's just the concept I guess.

EDIT: 300th Post ...*Throws a party :party:

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Let me guess: If you die young, you're always cool. (Think about it: Kurt Cobain, Tupac, Janis Joplin, Buddy Holly, John Lennon, Mozart . . .)

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, but if you live longer, you can be cool for a long time. It's a choice not to turn into a fuddie-duddie.

Sure, Jesus was cool. He was the first hippie! Wearing sandals and preaching love, hanging around in the desert with a bunch of guys and a worldy woman- sounds cool to me. People just get him all wrong.

Spyderdan: Doc, I second all of what you said. Among other things, including extreme moodiness to the point where you almost can't remember what a different mood feels like, a loneliness that feels like a hole, self-image and identity problems, headshrinker said I have borderline personality disorder. Add it to the list I should have told him.

Altairion, if you only knew how hot you are. But that's not the point, I see where you are coming from. I do the same thing, as I think many do. Attainable and unattainable, but its all in my head.

I'm young and ignorant, but ever hear of the saying :if youth knew, if age could?
I couldn't possibly know what anything will be like, until I'm there, so its pointless thinking about it.

I just felt like being social, but to answer the thread: I'm insecure about my looks and sexuality mostly.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by jonb@Mar 14 2005, 08:02 PM
Let me guess: If you die young, you're always cool. (Think about it: Kurt Cobain, Tupac, Janis Joplin, Buddy Holly, John Lennon, Mozart . . .)
[post=290850]Quoted post[/post]​
I'm less concerned with being "cool" than enduring another quarter-century of bullshit ... enlivened by the additional charms of encroaching arthritis, irritable bowel syndrome and all the other biological accoutrements of advancing age. ugh, no THANK YOU.

carolinacurious: "I mean it's on and off, one second I look at myself in the mirror and think, damn, that should be illegal, then the next day I wake up and swear that I'm the ugliest motherfucker on the planet."

I fucking hate that. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Self image problems usually aren't self-contained, they're generally a symptom of something else.

spyderdan:
Doc, I second all of what you said. Among other things, including extreme moodiness to the point where you almost can't remember what a different mood feels like, a loneliness that feels like a hole, self-image and identity problems, headshrinker said I have borderline personality disorder. Add it to the list I should have told him.

If the Doctor is right about "borderline", I hope you continue with treatment.

"Borderline", as well as generally doing an unbelievable amount of damage to your own life, tends to be unusually destructive to everyone around you as well.

Don't mean to be a downer, just get a better diagnosis or stick with the treatment.

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
My Pet fears:

Im afraid of being prooved wrong.

Im afraid of being unintelligent.

Im afraid of what people think of me.

Im afraid I'll find out that I actually have a small or average dick. (This one is part of my paranoia, there is logically no reason to fear this, but I still like to think of myself as big... I know, its shallow)

Im afraid of mishandelling social situations.

Im afraid of not haveing somethingto say.

Im afraid of what will happen in the future.

And thats all my worries off my chest... I feel better now.

orionsword57: I'm afraid I fear for our country and our planet, and the fact that you would probably have as much success stopping the momentum of the direction things are going as you would stopping the planet's rotation.

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In all honesty, I am absolutely terrified of being killed while taking a shower. I kid you not. I guess that is more of a phobia than an insecurity though. Okay, then I am insecure about someone being in love with me.

hung_big: I would say I'm insecure about myself...period.

Everything from my looks and personality to specific things like my breath. I find everything about me to be repulsive. It seems kinda funny to most that know me, because they say I have an "air" (how do you spell that the correct way?) of confidence to me. My friends nearly flipped when I told them about all m worries, insecurities and depression.

I guess you could say that's rather common, because you desire what you don't have. I'm sure that even brad pitt frets about his looks, even though he is gorgeous.

But, whatever the case, it also makes me lack confidence and self-esteem.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I'm so insecure that...

I fear having the house burglarized - before I clean it.
I'm afraid the plane will hit turbulance while I'm picking my nose.
It scares me to hear James E. Jones recite the alphabet on Sesame Street.
You know those toe-socks with different colored toes? AHHHHHH!!!
I'm petrified that I'll cough after eating Mexican food.
I'm afraid my clone would be more popular than me.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
hung_big:
Just remember, all those actors you see? If their faces were lifted one more time, they'd come right off. And all those athletes? At least your testicles still work. Same thing can be said about all your other insecurities. ;)