What are your nightmares?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

wvalady1968: Pecker's Dream in Color thread prompted this. What's your scary nightmare?

I don't mean the "naked in a crowd" or the "Duh, Dude, didn't you know the final was today?" nightmares. Which ones scare you enough to wake you up? Sweating and heart racing?

In mine, I'm on a high place, like the top of the water tower near my childhood home. And everyone I love best in the world is there, too. We're sitting on the metal steps enjoying the sunset over the valley. Then I notice that the metal steps are separating from the water tower, and we're only seconds plummeting to the hard scrapple below. I have enough time to think, "Do I tell the others and scare them into a panic that will accelerate the whole process??"

Then I awaken.

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Every parent's worst nightmare: something fatal happening to one of my kids.

The four of mine range in age from 27 to 33 but I still dream of them as children.

I'll sit up yelling, heart racing, stomach churning then fall back upon the pillow crying in both horror and relief. It was only a dream.

Next morning I phone him or her just to make sure he or she's safe.

3. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: i quit eating before bed, and so i rarely have any of these dreams anymore. :)

4. Max

Max New Member

I agree with Pecker about the worst nightmares being about one's children, very rare for me fortunately.

My most common one is far less appalling than that, but nevertheless it has its own peculiar brand of horror:  it comes from the time I was racing against the clock to submit my thesis.   I am lost in a maze of footnotes that I can't seem to fit to the text, quotes I can't check ... surrounded my books and drowning in paper.  Black and white, rather than colour, by definition  :)

Of course there was a time when I woke up and the nightmare had come true.  What is truly wonderful is to know as I surface, that it will never do so again, for me at any rate.

5. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Mostly, it's about people who've passed away in recent years, all of the dreams trying to convince me they're not dead. :'(

6. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: Mine are a bit more fantasy driven. I rarely have full blown nightmares, but when I do it usually has to do with me mutating into some horrific freak or being stalked by some kind of monster. I think the first dream that made me sit up in cold sweat I had when I was 8. It took place in the shower. It's kind of a graphic image, but I was just washing myself when I look down and notice that my penis was splitting apart and morphing into two vicious snakes that were biting my thighs. Ugh. Another nightmare I can remember early on I had when I was 6. It had to do with these tunnels that would suck people in and mutate them into crab monsters. Well, I am standing in the kitchen with my family and everyone I know. Everyone and everything is black and white except for me, and the monster tunnels that just appeared in my kitchen. They start to suck me in, and I beg and plead for someone to help me. None of them listen and stay frozen. I scream and cry and try to get them to lift me onto the counter and save me, but all their backs are turned to me, frozen, not paying attention. I wake up just before I get sucked in.

Thank god I don't have many nightmares anymore.

7. Imported

Gold Member

tracksuitboy: Way back in the Eighties - when Ronnie was Pres, Maggie was in Power and the nuclear threat seemed to grow more and more dangerous - there were two or three programmes on TV (in the UK) about the prospect of nuclear war. One memorable BBC production was called Threads - it followed the chain of events which started with the East German army revolting, continued through to full scale nuclear war and followed a few survivors to their third generation. It was the kind of programme which was amazing to watch but - believe me - you would never want to see it a second time!

Ever heard of Doctor Who? A BBC series which ran from 1963 to 1989 about a time traveller who flew around time and space in his TARDIS which was in the form of a British police box (hey, makes sense to us!).

After seeing Threads, I woke up in the middle of the night, calling out the name of my parter after feeling a nuclear bomb hit me in the middle of my back; I woke with the middle of my back burning. In my dream I was in the Doctor's TARDIS, the doors were open and we (Margaret Thatcher was in the TARDIS with me!) were trying to grab hold of a nuclear bomb which was heading for New York City.

As I said, I woke up then so have no idea whether Maggie and I saved the day or not.

If Threads is ever repeated, I will not be watching it!

8. Imported

Gold Member

longtimelurker: [quote author=Pecker link=board=99;num=1064281606;start=0#1 date=09/22/03 at 20:36:16]Every parent's worst nightmare:  something fatal happening to one of my kids.  [/quote]

Well, for those of us with of a more youthful age, the thought of getting children is quite scary in itself!

9. Imported

Gold Member

ish789: Barney... thats my nightmare... i mean cmon a guy in a purple dinosaur suit who rapes lil kids and kills their moms... creeeeeepy...

ok ok i lied. The only ones that have ever woke me up are my Sister dieing, or my girlfriend being raped...

10. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I think my nightmares are just more vividly expressed anxieties that bother me in the day-to-day. I think the worst ones, as most of us have already written, involve the family -- just making sure that they're okay and that they're doing well. Even if it's during waking hours, if I feel like something's wrong or something's going on that I'm not aware of, it'll prompt me to call my Mom. You know, just to be on the safe side.

11. Imported

Gold Member

HUMONGOUS: my biggest nightmare and it is one that frequently occurs is ---i go to a strip club to see male exotic dancers and on stage is none other than "DoubleMeatWhopper" :D :D ;D :eek: 8) parading around on stage with his diminutive self, shaking his penis and oogling me. after i demand my money back, and leave the club in disgust, he starts to stalk me, begging permission to rim me. i explain to him that i am not turned on by effeminate men(flames/queens) but he yanks down my pants and proceeds to rim me.

12. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: [quote author=HUMONGOUS link=board=99;num=1064281606;start=0#10 date=11/22/03 at 11:19:19]my biggest nightmare and it is one that frequently occurs is ---i go to a strip club to see male exotic dancers and on stage is none other than "DoubleMeatWhopper" :D :D ;D :eek: 8) parading around on stage with his diminutive self, shaking his penis and oogling me. after i demand my money back, and leave the club in disgust, he starts to stalk me, begging permission to rim me. i explain to him that i am not turned on by effeminate men(flames/queens) but he yanks down my pants and proceeds to rim me.[/quote]

WOW!! H, thats even BETTER than your last fantasy!!!
    ooo la lah!!
    you may need to sign up for one of those University sleep studies, to see what is wrong with you....

Tender

13. Imported

Gold Member

HUMONGOUS: [quote author=Tender link=board=99;num=1064281606;start=0#11 date=11/22/03 at 17:33:12]

WOW!!    H,  thats even BETTER than your last fantasy!!!
    ooo la lah!!  
    you may need to sign up for one of those University sleep studies, to see what is wrong with you....

Tender
    [/quote]

no need to--we have gigantikok for that. and i think that at such an advanced age, he is doing a dam good job

Draft saved Draft deleted