What are your strengths?

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The "Faults" thread was/is a great thread -- but after a while, I found it to be just a little bit depressing, especially when some people I really admire were talking themselves down.

So how about a STRENGTHS thread?

What are your strengths?

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm not one to make rash decisions. I weigh everything first.

I listen without judgement.

I encourage others in their endeavors.

I'm creative and excellent at improvisation.

I'm stubborn when it counts.

I love with abandon.

No matter how hard i'm kicked, I won't stay down. I always get back up, dust myself off, and find a new direction.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I'm a good listener, a quick learner, and I follow instructions well. I am great with handling responsibility. I'm punctual and always on time for appointments, etc. I'm loyal and dependable. I'm a great multitasker. I'm a great thinker; it's easier for me to visualize things in my mind, so I always work problems and ideas out best in my head. I also have a great imagination. And I have a big heart.:smile:

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Strong, determinded, compassionate, not afraid to love, pretty easy to get along with, intelligent, and musical!

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm a good listener, and I give great advice (especially regarding relationships!). I'm very sympathetic and understanding. I'm honest to a fault. I'm open-minded and intelligent. I'm a diligent worker. I'm very punctual, and thoughtful as well. When problem-solving, I try to pick the solution that benefits everyone, not just myself. I give good hugs. :biggrin:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That gal: And you have fabulous legs! You're hired too!

TTM: You are beautiful and the kind of person I'd want at my back if the going was rough. You're hired for sure!

(Sorry, I'm typo queen tonight)

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The "Faults" thread was/is a great thread -- but after a while, I found it to be just a little bit depressing

I think this one has the potential to be every bit as depressing, or at least as unpleasant, with everyone patting themselves on the back.

This is what I wrote in the faults thread:

NineInchCock_160IQ said:
In my own estimation, my chief faults are that I am often very unmotivated, lazy, and/or habitually procrastinating. I really wish I was more proactive, if there was one thing I could change about myself this would probably be it. Though at other times it is nice being so laid back. I see how my father is, his personality is completely different from mine: totally type-A busybody often borderline obsessive compulsive. I'd hate to be like that. Wish I could find a healthy middle ground.

I'm still fairly out of shape (I'm working on it)

My social skills, confidence, posture, and tendency to mumble have all improved greatly since middle school... but they still kinda suck.

There are other things some people would consider as my faults that I don't think about that way, including:
my hyperactive libido
my lack of concern for race, age, social status, relationship/marital status or almost anything else in matters of lust or love
my promiscuity
my patronage of certain industries
the way I drive "fast"
my moral deviance and certain views on fidelity and other things
my disrespect for authority figures and tradition
my willingness to speak my mind and tell it like it is
my (imagined by some) pompousness
etc etc... one man's fault is another's ticket to a career in the carnival. So this second list could theoretically go on forever. I don't see any of the above in the second part as faults, though.

To prove my last point, I'll list as my strengths the Yang to each of the above Yin.

-I'm very laid-back, I work well under pressure, don't anger easily, handle stress well, and in general don't let anything burden my conscience for too long.
-I'm comfortable with my own body, unlike some of the obsessive gym bunnies out there
-I have the ability to note my shortcomings and improve upon them over time.
-I am a highly responsive, always eager, practically insatiable lover
-I am open minded and don't discriminate based on superficial things
-I am very sexually experienced
-I don't judge others for moral crimes they commit that effect noone else
-I am a skilled and often punctual driver
-my approach to relationships is not mired in backward over-traditional views of corporeal ownership, just as my approach to life is not bogged down by being over concerned with societal norms and expectations, leaving me much freer to achieve self-actualization
-I think for myself and do not mindlessly follow any one figure, text, or ideology
-I am articulate, rational, and realistic and I use these traits to express myself and my feelings
-I am confident, intelligent, and self-assured. I have many reasons to feel good about myself and recognize those reasons. I will admit to my faults and apologize for errors, but I don't feel like I'm anyone's inferior.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
As an extraterrestrial, I cannot divulge all my strengths to you Earthlings.

I am however

Brave
Compassionate
Modest :biggrin1:

I know my way around the kitchen and I'm a pretty good shag apparently :eek:

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
and am kind to extraterrestrials.

Aw. :dance:

People think I'm funny, which is a great strength, I think!

I'm honest, loyal, and have been told that I'm very smart.

I also know that I'm very self-confident, which I think is a pretty great strength to have (and I thank my parents for instilling me with that).

A smart friend of mine told me once, "I think I like you so much because you're the only person I know who's smarter than me." That was probably the biggest compliment I've ever received.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Patience, loyalty, honesty, truthfulness, intelligent, etc.

Love-it, from what I've seen -- you're all the above. Hired! :biggrin1:
(But gawsh I wish you had an avatar up -- I'm a picture-person and I always have to think twice to remember you!) :tongue::tongue:

I think this one has the potential to be every bit as depressing, or at least as unpleasant, with everyone patting themselves on the back....

NIC -- you are so like my brother... darkly intelligent! :wink: And because your strengths list was so intriguing, you're hired!

As an extraterrestrial, I cannot divulge all my strengths to you Earthlings.... I know my way around the kitchen and I'm a pretty good shag apparently :eek:

* searches cupboard for carpet beater * Oh! THAT kind of shag. I don't know whether to put you to work in the kitchen or some other room... in any case, you're hired! :eek::tongue:

People think I'm funny, which is a great strength, I think! I'm honest, loyal, and have been told that I'm very smart...

Well, you made me laugh my ass off today, and your avatar is adorable -- so you're hired!! :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you want the serious or the flippant answer?

Flippant answer: Yum! So many possibilities... you choose! :tongue:

Serious answer: It's just a silly "acknowledgment" I decided to use to acknowledge the people answering this thread.

Like I said in the opening post, there are many people on this site that I admire and enjoy. This thread gives me an opportunity to enjoy whatever positive things they choose to say about themselves.:wink: