What are your strengths?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
My strengths? Hmmm. What do I really know?

I'm reasonably intelligent.

Within reason even.

I am quite creative ... good with language, musical, and have a good visual eye.

You peeked didn't you?

I am a very good listener. (This I'm more sure about, because I'm told as much quite frequently.)

Well if you are told it and you hear it, then you must be.

I believe I am discerning about character. I can meet a great range of people on their own level and find much to discuss, in a manner they're at ease with.

Indeed you are.

When I'm learning about something, I can drop my preconceptions pretty much completely.

You have pre-conceptions? :biggrin1: I need to know more.

I am very, very curious about what life is really about ... what we are, really ... how 'self' and 'other' are illusions ... whether there are 'ends' to life or not ... how to live a 'good' life.

Roald Dahl - In England once there lived a big and wonderfully intelligent pig..........

I believe I'm really quite kind almost all the time (but not always).

Very kind - don't be modist.

And (for me, this is a strength) I keep my conception of myself consciously fluid (because it is fluid, as are all self-conceptions, and you only have two classes of people here ... those who are conscious of the fluidity, and those who aren't).

And those who aren't conscious :eek:

I like to think I have a good sense of humour.

:rolleyes:

I also like to think I am very serious about life.

Is this reciprocal?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I'm sure you understood that my point was I agree with you 100% that understanding people as dynamic changing beings is a good thing. The recent elevation of pig-headed stubbornness to the station of noble trait in American politics has been shameful.

D'accord, mon cher.

I still wasn't angry when I made my final post there. I was just disgusted. I tell people off sometimes, but again, I don't usually feel angry when I do it. Maybe that's how I sound.

I think it's fair to say you did sound angry. However, if you say you weren't, then that's new info about that dynamic changing being, NIC, which Rubi will have to take onboard.
Glad to, chum.:biggrin1:

The Idealistic Philosopher is INFP. INTPs are The Thinker. My F scale is nearly as high as my T scale so I'm pretty close to INFP and I do try to cultivate that aspect. Being born a Pisces only adds to it. They're good combinations though they're very frustrating for many people to deal with; particularly in the business world where the ESTJs rule the roost.

We may Ryan. I've suspected it for a while. I do see a lot of you in me; particularly my aloof manner ("It only seems insubordinate, sir.") and difficulty in suffering fools. But I also know you're a nice guy under it all. If only there was one other thing in common :wink:(and I don't mean the Viper).

I think I'm an INTP as well. The Idealistic Philosopher? Sounds like we have a lot in common Jason.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Another introverted intuitive to add to the mix: I'm an INFJ. I-E, I'm pretty balanced, but I swing more "I" because I really have to get the hell away from people sometimes in order to regroup. Dominant "N," and one hell of a wicked "sixth sense" about things; sometimes I'll just go against my gut anyway, and a lot of the time I'm wrong against first impulse. Being a counselor for a while really perked the "F" and the "J."

Anyway... strengths...

I can get most people to open up. A lot of people let their guard down around me, which was a little disarming at first, but I grew to appreciate this. I think it's because I'm okay with people being vulnerable and I won't judge them for it.

I have a solid sense of humor. I'm silly enough to get people to laugh and I enjoy being able to cheer people up on most occasions. On the flip side, I'm rather serious and can really get into that mode if a situation calls for it.

I strive for authenticity, meaning it's really difficult for me to hide or temper down my feelings. I think this translates into a pretty strong sense of fairness and justice for others, which could help me professionally down the road.

I'm faithful to a fault. I think it's really difficult to get to know me and befriend me at first, but once we've established some trust, I will really lay it down on the line for you.

I am affectionate, honest, and forthright with people. I can alternate between telling it like it is and being sensitive if you need me to be.

I'm strongly indifferent... maybe to a fault as well. I'm pretty sturdy and I handle change and chaos okay. I don't get as thrown by the unpredictable and the unexpected, and I try to come up with a Plan B as soon as I can.

I'm pretty wicked at video games -- especially RPGs. I've also got good hand-eye coordination for Guitar Hero and Dance Dance Revolution.

I have unbelievably awesome hair and a cock that makes me smile. :) There. Enough talking about me. What do you think about me? LOL.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Originally Posted by senor rubirosa

I am a very good listener. (This I'm more sure about, because I'm told as much quite frequently.)

Originally Posted by Drifterwood
Well if you are told it and you hear it, then you must be.

NOPE. But it's possible.

I believe I am discerning about character. I can meet a great range of people on their own level and find much to discuss, in a manner they're at ease with.

Indeed you are.

You mean, you mean ... you agree? Oh, the flutters ....:cool:

When I'm learning about something, I can drop my preconceptions pretty much completely.

You have pre-conceptions? :biggrin1: I need to know more.

Heh heh heh. You know, the twinkle in daddy's eyes ...
(Not quite reincarnation, but ...)

I am very, very curious about what life is really about ... what we are, really ... how 'self' and 'other' are illusions ... whether there are 'ends' to life or not ... how to live a 'good' life.

Roald Dahl - In England once there lived a big and wonderfully intelligent pig..........

Rolled Dull hardly seems apposite, my deuh deuh DW.

I believe I'm really quite kind almost all the time (but not always).

Very kind - don't be modist.

Nuthin' makes me want to cut off balls more than an encounter with a shithead who can't SPELLLLL!:frown1: Satisfied, DW?

And (for me, this is a strength) I keep my conception of myself consciously fluid (because it is fluid, as are all self-conceptions, and you only have two classes of people here ... those who are conscious of the fluidity, and those who aren't).

And those who aren't conscious :eek:

Well, I should be asking you, n'est-ce pas?.:cool:

I like to think I have a good sense of humour.

:rolleyes:

All I said was I like to think it. (All fair apologies, my liege.)

I also like to think I am very serious about life.

Is this reciprocal?

Not at all. Not at all. Lahf doan giv a shit. A realization won only over decades, and the most wonderful release of all. But I think you know that, DW.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I didn't list being a math whiz as one of my strengths. Anyway...

top 10% of the top 3% of the top 1%. Right?

that just looks ugly, though.

.003 of .01, alright, reasonable compromise if we're not using whole numbers.

No, my son is the same way and I am so proud of him...bet your mom is too!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
  • I value & love my family
  • I am a great cook.
  • I love children.
  • I have a special talent for bringing out the best in students with mild learning disabilities..
  • I’m good with my hands.
  • Years of living alone has taught me I am good at putting together and building things like shelves and storage systems.
  • I have a green thumb; and can make just about anything grow.
  • I’m a dog person
  • I throw a great party; and once considered being a wedding coordinator.
  • I make beautiful topiaries.
  • I have a nice smile.
  • I am honest and loyal to a fault.
  • I am as passionate when I am wrong as when I am right.
  • I only know how to love with my whole heart.
  • Apparently, I often come across as an airhead.
  • I will defend to the death those I consider to be friends
  • Once I make up my mind on a topic that’s it. Don’t ask me the question again; because that just annoys me. I will only change my mind if new facts are presented.
  • If I feel like I have been backed into a corner I will come out fighting.
  • My online persona is much, more brazen than my real life persona.
  • I LOVE to suck cock.
  • I truly love men. Not just the cock; but the whole package is a turn on for me.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No, I guess I didn't check mine. Thought you were trying to say you thought it ugly to brag, sorry. My son is the same way in that regard and he is an absolute math genius...I am not!

haha.. no.. I said that earlier, though. This thread's about as much fun as the Academy Awards.