What Are Your Symptoms?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am sick I have been sick since 1/21/09 when I woke up with a slightly scratchy throat and runny nose. The next day came the fever and by Friday I had a lovely cough that sounded like a seal barking. What made it worse was that every time I coughed it felt like a small, spikey ball of fire in my chest. Some of you might call this a croupy cough. I call it damned annoying. For most of the last week, my head has felt as if it were full of warm wet cotton.:frown1: I think I am finally starting to dry up though as my tissue use has decreased significantly. Also my night sweats have stopped, which is good cause I hate having to change night gowns in the middle of the night.:mad:

Against my better judgement I went to the doctor a week ago today and she declared me unwell. :rolleyes: :duh: Apparently I have a combination head & chest cold plus a sinus infection.

My mom says I got sick because I didn't wear a scarf when it was 13 degrees out. :rolleyes: I did however wear flannel lined Eddie Bauer khakis, long sleeved tshirt and over that either a thick wool sweater or fleece and a wool coat. As well as cashmere lined leather gloves. I do not like to be cold. :cool:

Dad says I got sick because I walk around in the house barefoot year round.

I think I got sick because I spent the last 6 weeks in and out of hospitals and rehab centers to see my dad and yell at his idiot doctors.:mad: No, I am not telling him that as I don't want him to worry or feel bad. :redface:

FWIW: I have an autoimmune disorder and in theory am highly susceptible to germs and stuff. However, I can honestly say that I have not been this ill since March 2001 when I lived in Massachusetts. I had nasal polyps removed and since then have not had a bad cold, flu or anything of that ilk. I've had a few ear infections, serratia marcescens, 5th disease, and cancer but no head colds. :biggrin1:

I'm curious, are you sick?
If so, what are your symptoms?
Have you gone to the doctor?
What if anything did he/she prescribe?
How did you get sick?
How long does this wretched malady last?

Last edited:

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
I had the same thing. I caught it in late Nov or early Dec. I went to the doc 'cause I thought I had a sinus infection. No infection; just some version of the creeping crud that's going around. The cough hangs on for three to five weeks. Lots and lots of people around me have had it.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had the same thing. I caught it in late Nov or early Dec. I went to the doc 'cause I thought I had a sinus infection. No infection; just some version of the creeping crud that's going around. The cough hangs on for three to five weeks. Lots and lots of people around me have had it.
Aha! You made me sick. :tongue: Can fantasizing about sucking cock give you a scratchy throat?:confused:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Nope. Not sick. Rarely get sick. I don't eat pork either.

(Get well soon NJ)

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've had congestion to the point where I've need a long lasting SUDAPHED(I though my hair'd grown out after signing out for it), a slight cough, and have been hocking up golfball sized phelgm, and a sore throat to the point where I had no phlegm in the back of my throat.

That, and I've been whacked out at work, producing sweat like crazy when my coat should've been only light damp, but it was sopping during meal.

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
NJQT, I know that when I am starting to get sick my voice drops a couple octaves. I joke around that I'm going through puberty again. Currently, I am in the begining stages of the flu.

Muscle aches, scratchy throat, general tiredness, deep voice.

Hate it!

Sklar

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am sick I have been sick since 1/21/09.
Sorry to hear that you're down, too. It's a drag being sick. I've had sinus infections that have spread to my eyes. Not a good thing for contact lens wearers. Good luck with your recovery, NJQT.

I'm curious, are you sick?
Yes. Bronchitis
If so, what are your symptoms?
It started at work on Friday afternoon 1/16 with this familiar, odd feeling in my upper lungs / lower throat. Next came the wheezing and shortness of breath. Finally, the congestion developed and gave way to chronic coughing.
Have you gone to the doctor?
I went right away on Saturday the 17th as soon as they opened at 8:00.
What if anything did he prescribe?
Zithromax, an anti-biotic specifically for bronchial infections, an Albuterol inhaler to open the respiratory passages, and Ambien to help me sleep so I won't be awake all night from the coughing. I also bought maximum strength Mucinex expectorant to break up the congestion. I still had remaining Azmacort, a steroid inhaler to strengthen the lungs that is used after the Albuterol.
How did you get sick?
My friend came to visit from Taiwan with his bicycle on Wednesday the 14th. I met with him at 7:00 P.M. when I returned home from work. We had registered to do the Stagecoach Century Ride in Ocotillo on Saturday the 17th. On Thursday, he said that there was dust in the air or something that made his throat feel scratchy. The typical Santa Ana weather pattern was going on, and it was extremely dry, breezy, and 80 degrees. I told him it's probably from the dryness and the wind. The next morning, he informs me that "I'm done." He clarified that he had bronchitis. I directed him to my doctor. He went Friday morning and got all the Zithromax and Albuterol mentioned above, plus cough syrup. I rode my bike to work feeling great, but figured that his illness meant we couldn't do Saturday's ride. By mid afternoon, my office partner noticed that my voice was off like I was "coming down with something". 2 hours later, I knew that I was "done", too. It hadn't even been 2 full days since my friend was in my home, and I honestly couldn't remember getting so sick so fast in all my adult life. By Friday night, I had all the classic bronchitis symptoms. When I went to the doctor and told him that my friend was in here yesterday and has the same thing, the doctor acknowledged that I caught it from him, and he had had the illness before he boarded the plane in Taiwan.
How long does this wretched malady last?
Ah. The $64,000 question. It's 2 weeks today. The lung congestion has mostly dissipated, but now I have nasal congestion that feels like a sinus infection. I still have that uncomfortable feeling in my upper back. I rode my bike to work Wednesday, and believe that I pushed it too soon. I'm keeping my eye on it and hoping that there won't be a relapse. I feel as though I hit a plateau with recovery. Bronchitis typically take me 3 - 4 weeks to fully recover if I get a bad case of it. There is a 55 mile cycling event in Palm Springs on Valentines Day. I'm hoping to do it, but may have to settle for the 25 mile event if I don't get to train more between now and then.