What Are Your Thoughts About Inversion Tables/inversion Therapy?

HOU_HEADHUNTER

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm seriously considering investing in the Teeter Hang Up Inversion Table to see if relieves some of my lower back pain with decompression. It's an investment as they are quite expensive but from what can see well worth it for people like myself. I've watched a few reviews and for the most part people have positive thoughts about them but there are some medical physicians that speak negatively about them which I think is more so it takes jobs away from people that want to charge you a ton of money to help you with the pain instead of you investing in something that you can do on your own time at home. I'd love to know what you all think of Inversion Tables or Inverson Therapy if you've tried it.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have used one for two decades to relieve pressure on a bulging disc in my lower back. I recommend it highly.

You do not have to hang entirely upside down to get the benefits of temporary traction. I prefer a 30 to 45 degree angle. Hanging full body weight upside down is hard on my knees which are already sore from a lifetime of activity. You may find it hard on your ankles and hips as well. If it hurts ease up.

Inversion is dangerous if you have untreated high blood pressure. Check with your doc if you're on medication for hypertension before using one.

Clrwtrdlbud71-fl

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Clearwater, Florida, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have one and it is helpful. The key is consistency, and I am sure I would have longer lasting and better results if I truly got on it nearly daily. Word of caution: be sure you understand how to un-invert and preferably that someone else is with you the first times you use it, else there is a real risk of getting stuck up-side down for a while!

Reactions: HOU_HEADHUNTER

HOU_HEADHUNTER

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have one and it is helpful. The key is consistency, and I am sure I would have longer lasting and better results if I truly got on it nearly daily. Word of caution: be sure you understand how to un-invert and preferably that someone else is with you the first times you use it, else there is a real risk of getting stuck up-side down for a while!
Great advice. How long do you recommend hanging and what exactly was your ailment that led you to purchase one? I suspect that I have some alignment issues aside from lower back pains. I'm hoping that if I commit to a routine I can re-align whatever is out of place. I've seen testimony's from people on youtube that have had some positive results with these contraptions and although it's gradual it can be less expensive than going to a chiropractor multiple times.

Clrwtrdlbud71-fl

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Clearwater, Florida, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Great advice. How long do you recommend hanging and what exactly was your ailment that led you to purchase one? I suspect that I have some alignment issues aside from lower back pains. I'm hoping that if I commit to a routine I can re-align whatever is out of place. I've seen testimony's from people on youtube that have had some positive results with these contraptions and although it's gradual it can be less expensive than going to a chiropractor multiple times.
Buldged discs on my c-spinr man. The table comes with DVD and manual and as said before you don't have to go all the way inverted (I save that for when I need all the tools!)