What are your ways of dealing with chronic stress?

Holidays - in the city or outside?

• in the city

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • closed to nature

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • choice is irrelevant

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

Hi! Chronic stress is a great problem for many of us. Could you share your ways of dealing with it? I'll start from examples of movies on living closed to nature, vacation and bushcraft from Europe and Asia with info where to look for it on YouTube:

Stephanie Margeth
FARSHID BEHROOZIAN - see Alone 180 Days on Lake Baikal
Rural Life of Nepal || Village Life In Nepal | IamSuman
Romania, Village Life in Transylvania
Malá Fatra 2018 - Slovakia
Skalne miasto, Adrspach, Czechy [1080p] /// Adrspach-Teplice Rock Town /// Czech Republic
Elblag-Ostrada canal from BBC Michael Palins New Europe - From Pole to Pole
+ Elblag Canal
How is This Poland?... Słowiński National Park
+ ŁEBA dunes in Słowiński Park Narodowy by Andy Orlowski
Kraken - Bushcraft & Military

Have you ever dreamed to have experiences like Chad Zuber show?

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I need at least one trip a year to the mountains. I get a lot of peace being there. But chronic stress has to be battled daily - meditation, rest, doing the right thing and having peace of mind.

This is where I go.

28179D3C-1974-47E8-A12F-23E50D7181B1.jpeg

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sadly, I just have to deal with it as it comes up. My morning commute can take over 2 hours if there is bad traffic. I just have to deal with it. I have a job that takes me to multiple locations throughout the city; and each location has its own President, VPS, Directors and Chairs. Each of then think their work is top priority.

I have found ways to harness the stress, to get the various tasks done. I am sure there are some health risks; but so far so good. This covers Monday Through Friday. Weekends I unwind by shopping, cleaning, fixing and building things. I guess this is stress relief . I also guess LPSG; and a few really great members helped to control any extra stress over the past few years

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I do a number of things. Be in the water, whether exercise or lounging. Sleep. Watch shows or movies (I like horror, crime, mystery). Meditate. Read. Cuddle with my cat fam. Clean, when I'm up for it. Cleaning my environment really does make me feel better when I'm not too depressed to clean. But the biggest thing is compartmentalizing everything. Focus on the task at hand and forget about finances, or grief, or relationships sadness.

I don't take any medication now but used to be on all kinds. That helped until it didn't. My main problem relating to stress was clinical OCD, and I took Prozac first and then Anafranil for a long time.

Now I just obsessively arrange my space and God help ya if you fuck it up

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I need at least one trip a year to the mountains. I get a lot of peace being there. But chronic stress has to be battled daily - meditation, rest, doing the right thing and having peace of mind.

This is where I go.

View attachment 1589900
O.k. Seriously. I could live there.

Reactions: Enid and shapely

Another good thing to do is a gratitude journal. I know it sounds corny, but writing down the top three things everyday that you are grateful for and focusing on them can really help de-stress a person.
That’s a great idea. It’s so easy to focus on what we don’t have but most of us have so much to be grateful for.

Helps you to keep positive.

Reactions: shapely and LaFemme

Thank you for your comment with wise statements and beautiful picture. I share your opinion that chronic stress has to be battled each day. It affects many aspects of life. Stress should not lead us or weaken us. It can only stimulate to act if necessary.

Reactions: LaFemme

I'm so looking for good ideas as well.
I'm dealing with some mid life crisis shit brewing.
Need these ideas.
Youtube helps me out a lot.

Reactions: shapely

I agree with your statements and practice them. I also share the opinion given by Enid that 'the biggest thing is compartmentalizing everything'. This needs to be emphasized here once again thinking about the mental attitude to our various activities.

Reactions: Enid

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My stress is episodic--I'll be cruising along just fine until something goes wrong and I'll psychologically make like a turtle for a while. Maybe I get over it in an hour, maybe it takes overnight. And then I'll calm down until it pops into my head again. At which time I talk myself back down.

I use a lot of self-talk, inner dialogues. I tried doing daily 3 minute meditations, (supposedly you only need 3 minutes a day) but couldn't sit still and calm long enough and got impatient and quit doing them without realizing I'd quit.

I also take citalopram for depression/anxiety, but that doesn't seem to help with unexpected, high stress situations. I take adderall, which can (sometimes) make me frickin' bullet-proof while it's active.

It also helps that I'm still learning about myself, learning how to read my own stress signals and to manage them rather than ignore them; to recognize them rather than pretend that nothing's wrong.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
O.k. Seriously. I could live there.
It’s beautiful there. It just reminds me that there are things so much bigger than I, and going for an early morning walk, or just sitting out and looking directly at the mountains and drinking a coffee and letting your thoughts drift is amazing. It’s very restorative.

I go even if it’s just for a weekend alone. It’s just a few hours and a beautiful drive.

I’d suggest exercise, holidays, family, friends, pets, hobbies, eating well, plenty of sleep and down time. Just switching off from time to time and doing something that isn’t necessarily productive or required of you.

For me, this place as a good way of relaxing and helping de stress.

If you have something that keeps going round and round in your head, write it down. That may help. Sharing your problems with others (could be online if you can’t share them with friends and family) can help, even if they are just a sounding board.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Another good thing to do is a gratitude journal. I know it sounds corny, but writing down the top three things everyday that you are grateful for and focusing on them can really help de-stress a person.

Yeah right. For me my chronic stress is not intensive but I fell it as not total relaxation and incomplete forces, mainly because of sleep deprivation.

Reactions: allnitedontstop

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Yoga/meditation daily.
Cardio daily. Swimming or cycling.
Moderation in food & drink.
Full night sleep. Life begins with a good night's sleep.

Reactions: MisterB