What Beautiful Bridges have you been on?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The most beautiful one I have seen is the Tappan Zee Bridge over the Hudson River in NY state (not NYC) . It is unique because of the causeway. You can also see the cliffs and mountains of the lower Hudson Valley. The bridge itself is not as beautiful as the surrounding landscape.

Other memorable ones are "7 Mile Bridge" in the Florida Keys. I also recall a beautiful bridge near Tampa, ST Pete that looked like a Dolphins fin.

The George Washington Bridge and Verrazano Bridge are not too impressive after you've crossed them a few times.

223.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
hmmm.... Lets see. I don't think its there anymore, but the I-74 bridge over the Illinois River in Peoria Il, the Gateway Bridge across the Cumberland River in Nashville, the I-40 bridge over the mississippi river in Memphis, I-65 bridge over the Ohio river in Louisville....just to name a few

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like the Brooklyn Bridge, but for sheer elegance and grandeur this one is surely tough to beat:

millau_viaduct.jpg

P.S. I forgot Sydney harbour bridge, how could I do that.

Last edited:

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
I know it's not too extravagant, but the Clifton Suspension Bridge near where I live was the first ever suspension bridge designed by the legend Isambard Kingdom Brunel.
It is a legendary peice of architecture over here. And even though it's not too spectacular, it is a great architectural milestone. (We even used to go on school trips to see it)

Attachments

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You can't beat the Golden Gate Bridge for a symbol of "the city by the bay".
I was standing on the center of the Golden Gate bridge for the opening ceremonies during the 50th anniversary celebrations. My group was the "official" band for the festivities. :biggrin1: All fun and games until there were suddenly too many people and vehicles on the bridge, and they had to clear it off! It was a little chaotic.

But yes, it's pretty spectacular.

I've been on lots of great bridges, many of them unnamed or not well-known. A few of the old (scary) covered bridges, some very old suspension bridges... Earlier this year, I saw the Lake Ponchartrain Causeway, but we didn't drive across it.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah, I'd have to say that the Golden Gate Bridge is one of the best looking bridges I've been on. A memorable bridge is the bridge that goes from the Western shore of Maryland to Kent Island...

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I spent my formative years in the Bay Area so naturally the Golden Gate Bridge holds a special place in my heart. Lived in Pittsburgh which is bridge and tunnel country. One of my favourites is the New River Gorge Bridge in West Virginia, more for the scenery from the bridge rather than the bridge itself. It was the highest in the world until a few years ago. I've been there on Bridge Day to watch the rappellers and BASE jumpers.

New River Gorge Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Old-New7Mile%20Bridge.jpg
7 Mile Bridge, Marathon Key, FL (the old bridge is the dark one)

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
GoldenGateBridge.jpg

Here is many people's favorite, The Golden Gate Bridge. I saw a documentary recently on this and if I recall correctly the color is due to rust.

Last edited:

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Those are all some stunning, magnificent bridges. Not living in or near a big city, I can't compete with any of those, but there are some small, local bridges that are also lovely in a more modest way.

The Bridge of Flowers in Shelburn Falls, Mass. is a memorial to soldiers lost in WWII.
Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
http://hci.thetrustees.org/images/full/9804.jpg
http://littlebangtheory.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/a-bridge-of-flowers-small.jpg
http://k53.pbase.com/g6/41/768841/2/81360724.3ix6FvV6.jpg
http://ilovenubia.com/images/bridge_of_flowers_contd_10.8.2000.jpg
Shelburne Falls Bridge of Flowers - Reflections Through Watercolor with Susan Tilton Pecora -- WGBYhttp://images.google.com/imgres?img...lowers%22&hl=en&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-21,GGLG:enhttp://www.mohawktrail.com/assets/images/tshel.jpg
in the valley: Flowers and Potholes

(Another nice thing about Shelburne Falls is when the weather is warm you can find sexy guys swimming at the glacial potholes.
082307bhof+083.jpg (image))

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
GWBatNight.jpg

The George Washington Bridge is 3 roads...I-95, Route 1, and Route 9.

The Brooklyn Bridge, New York, NY

brooklyn-bridge.jpg

Tower Bridge, London, UK

london_tower_bridge.jpg

Charles Bridge, Prague, Czech Republic

prague_charles_bridge.jpg

Emily's Bridge, Stowe, Vermont (it's haunted!)

covered%20bridge%20vermont.JPG

The 59th Street Bridge, New York, NY

dun6.jpg

The Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, California

Golden-Gate-Bridge-photo.jpg

The Thousand Islands International Bridge, New York, USA and Ontario, Canada

1000brdg.jpg

The Alexander III Bridge, Paris, France

alex2.JPG

Bear Mountain Bridge, New York, USA (showcases my beloved Hudson Valley)

AGPix_PaRe12_1402_Lg.jpg