What, Beyonce Can't Sing?!??!

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
okay my homegirl apparently had a few shots of hater-ade and sour whiskey before she came over because soon as beyonce came on the radio she started DOGGING her, saying "she can't sing", "she ain't got no talent", "she uses her body to sell records", (well i can't argue with the last statement) but people really do undermine beyonce's vocal ability

so 13 shots of vodka later (now wondering if i got sick because of taking an unlucky number of shots) i'm on youtube bored and browsing and came across some videos actually APPRECIATING beyonce for the vocalist she is (training in opera and classical since she was a teengar). whoever made these videos sort of misuse the concepts of chest/head/full voice, but these vids are definitely good displays of beyonce's technique that a fan might appreciate

the first one is just her highest, lowest, and longest sustained (held) note, the second vid is a random collection of her employing different vocal techniques (scatting, growling, runs, arppeggio, falsetto", etc...) other than mastering these techniques some spend years learning, i'm simply amazed by the diction, timbre and tone of her voice. granted she doesn't always since live and her mic is usually turned up for volume but that doesn't take away from the brilliant instrument she has

SO ANYWHO, next time a hater says beyonce can't sing, ask them to start dancing around on the ground and try to hit a G6 in full voice

YouTube - BEYONCE'S VOCAL RANGE: B2-C6; 3 octaves and 1 note

YouTube - VOCAL ABILITY VIDEO - BEYONCE KNOWLES

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When you post and admit you're drunk I usually don't read very far into it.

congrats, do u want a cookie for your near-sighted, narrow-minded observations?? i HAD A FEW DRINKS WHEN I FOUND THE VIDEOS, that has nothing to do with when i posted so get off your damn moral horse with your self-righteous sword and shield and find some-fucking-body else to hackle

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i can't stand beyonce because she is sold out.
if she maybe did something under the radar like
veba,ursula rucker,saul williams,deborah anderson,
i would like her alot more.

i think kelis has more talent...sorry i agree with your friend.:redface:

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually, quite a lot of what presumably passes for music, isn't even musical anymore.

Most of the Rap is crap.

If they really had a message worth hearing, it would sound musical, rather than like rebellious chanting or noise, and the words would be intelligible, rather than amateurish rhyming and flaunting of sin and stupidity.

They is a whole world, outside of the piss-one's-life-away getting drunk, "club."

They haven't made a lot of notable good music, since the 1980s, which is a cause of concern for which way our culture is going.

Back in the 1980s or so, even a lot of the possibly "counter-culture" questionable music, at least was musical.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i can't stand beyonce because she is sold out.
if she maybe did something under the radar like
veba,ursula rucker,saul williams,deborah anderson,
i would like her alot more.

i think kelis has more talent...sorry i agree with your friend.:redface:

on which point?? certainly these videos dispell the myth that she CAN'T sing, personal preference is a completely different issue

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Actually, quite a lot of what presumably passes for music, isn't even musical anymore.

Most of the Rap is crap.

If they really had a message worth hearing, it would sound musical, rather than like rebellious chanting or noise, and the words would be intelligible, rather than amateurish rhyming and flaunting of sin and stupidity.

They is a whole world, outside of the piss-one's-life-away getting drunk, "club."

They haven't made a lot of notable good music, since the 1980s, which is a cause of concern for which way our culture is going.

Back in the 1980s or so, even a lot of the possibly "counter-culture" questionable music, at least was musical.

who's talking about rap or the 80's?? did u watch the video?? its about beyonce, so's the thread. i don't see any relevance in your statement (good points but none pertaining to the subect at hand)

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just a quick off topic question, Marleyisalegend.

What happened to you about a week ago?

You're getting close to 1000 posts now. Until a week ago you had done 10-15 posts over 6 months. Then suddenly you're posting like a mad man on a mission. Have something changed in your life?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
halliefreak, we know the truth, WE know why she's sold millions of albums, sold out tours, had hit after hit after hit an people who are miserable with their own lives can continue to hate on her cuz she's laughin all the way to the bank

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
on which point?? certainly these videos dispell the myth that she CAN'T sing, personal preference is a completely different issue
i am not debating whether she can sing or not,of course she can sing.
i am saying she has no "soul" in her voice.
she is a typical classically trained commercial vocalist,

unlike...

YouTube - Spellbound - Rae & Christian Presenting Veba
i still respect beyonce's skill as a vocalist but needs to experience more
hardships that are in life to develop a spiritual maturity that
creates "art" over music.

i believe beyonce can sing...just not with her soul.

B_Halliefreak

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK, WTF!? What do you mean she has no soul? DO you own any of her albums?(if not, go buy them) Have you seen her perform live? (if not, youtube them or buy her live tour DVDs) She's not gonna sound like an Italian Oprea singer...but don't tell me she has no soul! She has soul coming out of her ears!

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
who's talking about rap or the 80's?? did u watch the video?? its about beyonce, so's the thread. i don't see any relevance in your statement (good points but none pertaining to the subect at hand)

Did I watch the video? Guess not, I was responding more to the thread title. Besides, I am on dialup, so what for do I want to hear can't-sing Beyonce for anyway? Like some old guy once said to me, something about not liking that Waaaa-Waaaa music. Yeah, what's all that shrill "soul" from somebody with nothing worthwhile to sing about? Just an awful grating sound of stupidity.

I don't know of many black people who can sing and make a pleasant sound, other than Stevie Wonder, Fourplay, Pieces of a Dream, and Kem.

I did sort of like Michael Jackson some time ago, but that family isn't cool anymore, if ever they were, after getting in the news for their stupid shenanegans.

B_Halliefreak

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Did I watch the video? Guess not, I was responding more to the thread title. Besides, I am on dialup, so what for do I want to hear can't-sing Beyonce for anyway? Like some old guy once said to me, something about not liking that Waaaa-Waaaa music. Yeah, what's all that shrill "soul" from somebody with nothing worthwhile to sing about? Just an awful grating sound of stupidity.

I don't know of many black people who can sing and make a pleasant sound, other than Stevie Wonder, Fourplay, Pieces of a Dream, and Kem.

I did sort of like Michael Jackson some time ago, but that family isn't cool anymore, if ever they were, after getting in the news for their stupid shenanegans.

Who the fuck are you to judge who can sing? And what do you mean you don't know many black people who can sing...? Why are you crazy?
Watch the damn video and maybe your ignorant mind will change!