What, Beyonce Can't Sing?!??!

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know of many black people who can sing and make a pleasant sound, other than Stevie Wonder, Fourplay, Pieces of a Dream, and Kem.
YouTube - Dawn Penn - You Don't Love Me (No,No,No) (Original)
YouTube - Sister Nancy - BAM BAM
not to mention nina simone,billy holiday,lauren hill,jean grey.

also...marley i hear the soul in those tracks you posted
but it (from my perspective) sounds like just a voice
that has been trained,she is singing with her mouth and throat not her heart.
she has MAD potential but needs to find her root core in order to access her full magick.
her voice is right on...it is just her lack of heart that creates a subtle difference in the sound.
that subtle difference is what makes me gaga for a particular vocalist.

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Who the fuck are you to judge who can sing? And what do you mean you don't know many black people who can sing...? Why are you crazy?
Watch the damn video and maybe your ignorant mind will change!

Too many of them are loud and boisterous, and act like they are God's gift to the world. Like why would such celebrities, need any more money?

Why can't they find something uplifting to sing about, and make a beautiful sound?

So much of what I hear these days, almost sometimes could have a good deep bass beat, but then they start talking or chanting, and it doesn't even mesh right with the "music." As if they don't know anything about beauty or harmony.

B_Halliefreak

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Too many of them are loud and boisterous, and act like they are God's gift to the world. Like why would such celebrities, need any more money?

Why can't they find something uplifting to sing about, and make a beautiful sound?

So much of what I hear these days, almost sometimes could have a good deep bass beat, but then they start talking or chanting, and it doesn't even mesh right with the "music." As if they don't know anything about beauty or harmony.

What does any of that have to do with Beyonce? She very classy and has beautiful lyrics. I think you are directing your comment to Rap music...do that somewhere else please!

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
some of that is style pronatalist...the japanese call it wabisabi,the germans
had a movement called "dadaism" that was all about the chaos in art and music.

chaos has it's definitive place in all the arts.

i can hear what you are saying about loud and boisterous.
i think that is what i am kind of saying about no soul.

i think that is record producers directing her styles.
just a thought.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
She has a fine instrument, but no clue how to use it to its best advantage. Yes, she can sing lots & lots of notes, and that's precisely what she does. She sings "in the fashion," but without style.

An analogy: she has a whole shed full of tools, but only ever uses the sledge hammer.

D

deleted105034

To each his own. Psi-dom, all the songs you posted were boring, with the possible exception of the Dawn Penn track. Even Dawn Penn's voice is kinda nasal.

I'm not trying to praise Beyonce necessarily, I'm just trying to give the pretentious, self-proclaimed music snobs a taste of their own medicine.

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
that was a disgusting comment that was entirely unnecessary, what does race have to do with this??

I don't know. Why is it so often that I go into some store or something, and that awful black people Rap "music" is blaring? Even Bill Cosby had to come out and say something against it. Some security guard at a store, came over and cut the power to some minisystem blaring that crap, and I had to thank him. It sounds so much better, I said. I try to tell (black people usually) who turn that crap on, that noise is undesirable, we don't want to hear that awfulness, and they have the gall to treat me as if I am speaking a foreign language, or pretend not to have a clue.

So where is this secret agenda conspiracy coming from, to corrupt the culture and trash people's minds?

I don't at all mean to make it anything "racial," as some of my best friends are black, but why is it usually people of "a certain skin color," who try to call noise, "music," and foist that stuff upon people who don't want to hear it? I don't blast my Christian music out my car windows. Anybody have a more rational explanation for this "conspiracy?"

There's even a bumper sticker on the matter:

"If I wanted to hear the crap coming from your sterio, wouldn't I be sitting in your car?"

People are even getting tickets for playing their car stereos too loud. What's up with that?

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
that was a disgusting comment that was entirely unnecessary, what does race have to do with this??

I don't know. Why is it so often that I go into some store or something, and that awful black people Rap "music" is blaring? Even Bill Cosby had to come out and say something against it. Some security guard at a store, came over and cut the power to some minisystem blaring that crap, and I had to thank him. It sounds so much better, I said. I try to tell (black people usually) who turn that crap on, that noise is undesirable, we don't want to hear that awfulness, and they have the gall to treat me as if I am speaking a foreign language, or pretend not to have a clue.

So where is this secret agenda conspiracy coming from, to corrupt the culture and trash people's minds?

I don't at all mean to make it anything "racial," as some of my best friends are black, but why is it usually people of "a certain skin color," who try to call noise, "music," and foist that stuff upon people who don't want to hear it? I don't blast my Christian music out my car windows. Anybody have a more rational explanation for this "conspiracy?"

"If I wanted to hear the crap coming from your sterio, wouldn't I be sitting in your car?"

People are even getting tickets for playing their car stereos too loud. What's up with that?

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

i feel like my IQ drops every time i read one of your poorly worded, bigotted, racist posts

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How do you manage it, pronatalist? Every single one of your posts that I have read is offensive.

Sorry, but somebody has to raise the alarm about the declining quality of the "music."

And often, "offense," as with "beauty," may be "in the eye of the beholder," not with the person making an honest evaluation.

Well I think I've said about all I can say on this topic for a while, so somebody else have at it. What more can I add?

If they can't seem to play good music, why not just play the old stuff? Speaking of which, what's up with all the stupid TV "reality" shows? Surely they can find some great old reruns?

scout1

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeh guys,

as I said about Maria Carey, if I had to give her marks out of one....

I'd give her one!

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorry, but somebody has to raise the alarm about the declining quality of the "music."

And often, "offense," as with "beauty," may be "in the eye of the beholder," not with the person making an honest evaluation.

Well I think I've said about all I can say on this topic for a while, so somebody else have at it. What more can I add?

If they can't seem to play good music, why not just play the old stuff? Speaking of which, what's up with all the stupid TV "reality" shows? Surely they can find some great old reruns?

i hope you don't reproduce

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't hate Beyonce because of her voice or her gender.

I hate her songs. She is critical of "broke" men. (Bills, Bills, Bills. Independent Woman). Women who dress skanky (Nasty Girl.). And this is coming from a woman who wrote "Freekum Dress". Kinda hypocritical.

But those are my reasons for hating Beyonce.