What bone(s) have you broken?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've never broken any bones but was wondering if you actually hear it snap when it breaks. Also do you feel faint with all that loss of blood from the marrow especially a big bone like the femur or an arm bone?

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've never broken any bones but was wondering if you actually hear it snap when it breaks. Also do you feel faint with all that loss of blood from the marrow especially a big bone like the femur or an arm bone?
I don't remember hearing a crack when my jaw broke, but felt a sharp pain! It took my breath away, and i couldn't move for a while (probably seconds, but i have no idea, time was wonky) Then it was sore then completely numb. I remember them having to clean the gravel out, and that hurting! The next day I was in pain, and if I tried to mov my jaw I could feel the be grinding, almost "hear" it.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
cracked bone in my foot ...... my horse stepped on me, took his sweet time removing his hoof, I swear he was laughing the whole time o_O

Ooooh, that happened to me too!!! I didn't break any bones though, despite the fact that I was barefoot at the time, and that his hoof was significantly larger than my foot. My foot was crushed and mangled, but no break. I think because I was only 10 my bones just went all bendy. Was on crutches for 6 weeks and still have a scar today.

I've never heard a crack. With my two breaks and another arm injury that was probably a dislocation of some sort, I went through these stages:

1. Wave of extreme pain. Lasted less than a minute with each of the injuries.

2. Up to ten minutes of less severe pain, accompanied by dizziness. Ouch worthy and also includes an extreme need to protect/support the injured body part, but can be worked through (eg. with the horse fall, I got back on the horse and rode for several minutes, because you should always get straight back on :tongue:).

3. Then I get hit by a floatyness. The pain completely disappears and it feels like someone has given me some kind of drugs. This is a great time to get things done that you know will be impossible when the pain returns. This stage can last anywhere from half an hour to several hours.

4. The pain comes back. Usually at a 6 or 7 on a scale of 1-10 for me.

dsxskier87

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Broken
Nose
Clavicle
3 Ribs
Ulna
Both wrists
Tibia
One Ankle

Dislocated
Shoulder
Both knees (one twice)

Not gonna bother listing the tendon and ligament tears.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Left arm Radius and Ulna (Open Fracture), 2.5 inch of bone sticking out me arm, resulting from a traffic accident (Asshole was on his cell at the time).

That sounds horrendous, dude. Driving while using your cell is illegal here, thank goodness...though lots of people still do it. It's kind of hard to enforce.

As for me, I've never broken a bone. I've had plenty of opportunity to do so, but I credit my ridiculous hyper-extendable joints for preventing that. No broken bones, but lots of limbs at angles that are just super, super wrong.

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media

It's not so much hearing a break, but feeling it.

I've broken both wrists twice, and my left radius and ulna in one blow. The break involving my radius and ulna was the worst thing I have ever felt in my life. I was in a fight and hit another guy square in the jaw, breaking his jaw and my arm. I felt it when they cracked, in my ears... then a wave of pain and nausea hit me. I looked down and my arm was bent back in ways it really shouldn't have been...lol. God it was awful. 5 screws and 2 plates, with fragments removed from my tendons.

The best way I can put it is: When you put your ear up to a wall and you can hear stuff through it... sound conduction through solid material? That's kinda what you hear in your ears when you break a bone... at least in my experience anyway. It's kind of a hearing/feeling sensation... it's really quite unique. I've never heard a fracture before though, only breaks.