What book are you currently reading?

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ok.. I only mentioned one of my books because I thought it would seem rather strange to have more than one going at a time but now I see it is the norm. Why do other people read more than one book at a time? I would like to know your reason.

I've always got a few books on the go. I think of it the same way as watching TV. You don't normally sit and watch every episode of one show before watching something different, so why do that with books? Plus I'm not always in the mood to read a particular book, so I'll go for something else instead.

I'm currently reading The Innocent Mage by Karen Miller, Dark Haven by Gail Z Martin and I'm proofreading a book of poems by one of my friends.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Got several on the go, one of them Sarah Thornton's Seven Days in the Art World, a short, smartly-written book that gives the reader the excitement of a Christie's auction house sale, a few tableaux of the behind-the-scenes happenings in Japanese artist Takashi Murakami's studios, some scenes from the Basel Art Fair, and so on.
It gives the reader a good sense of what's going on in the art community internationally, plus a view of the status hungry lives of artists and art buyers.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fiction
Len Deighton's Close-Up
Ruth Rendell's The Tree of Hands

Non-fiction
Jeffrey Toobin's The Nine
Bill Bryson's The Mother Tongue

lesmeljos

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just finished Anne Perry's novel We shall not sleep and today started Tony Pollard's The Secrets of the Lazarus Club. The former was excellent and I look forward to the latter!

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The friend I'm proofreading the poems for has told me I'm missing out by having never read "The Mill On The Floss". Any comments? Is he right?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Riding the White Horse Home (travel/memoir) by Teresa Jordan. She's a big gal who grew up on a 4 generation cattle ranch in south eastern Wyoming.

When I finish the last 40 pages tonight I've got Mitos Urbanos de una Ciudad Misteriosa: Buenos Aires es Leyenda por G. Barrantes y V. Coviello and Native Roots: How the Indians Enriched America, by Jack Weatherford. Weatherford's earlier work on the history of indigenous people of the Americas called Indian Givers should be required reading of all students in 10th grade who have been brain washed into thinking 'Mericuh has always been and should always be the center of the known universe.

Last edited:

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
Riding the White Horse Home (travel/memoir) by Teresa Jordan. She's a big gal who grew up on a 4 generation cattle ranch in south eastern Wyoming.

When I finish the last 40 pages tonight I've got Mitos Urbanos de una Ciudad Misteriosa: Buenos Aires es Leyenda by G. Barrantes y V. Coviello and Native Roots: How the Indians Enriched America, by Jack Weatherford. Weatherford's earlier work on the history of indigenous people of the Americas called Indian Givers should be required reading of all students in 10th grade who have been brain washed into thinking 'Mericuh has always been and should always be the center of the known universe.

theres already a thread for such comments ok!:rolleyes: