What book are you reading now?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I'm on an A.J. Liebling jag right now.
Reading Just Enough Liebling, a collection drawn from many of his best books, and Between Meals, the story basically of his life in Paris cafes and restaurants at a couple of stages in his life.
Liebling, a very long-time New Yorker writer, is compulsively readable. I knew this (had read him before), but had never stepped full-bore into the Liebling bathtub before.
Also reading The Best American Sports Writing of the Century, edited by David Halberstam.
So much of the very best writing has been done on sports, and between these covers, you find an astonishing quantity of very lively, evocative prose.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Red River by Lalita Tademy.
I just purchased it yesterday. I am looking forward to reading it and given a full review in the very near future.

I loved Cane River but Red River sounded boring to me. So I can wait to hear from you. I was most recently reading THe Mists of Avalon . This is a feminist retelling of the Arthurian legend.

westy30004

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Last Lecture by Randy Pausch....finished it a couple of weeks ago...very good....started another similar book last week,but I forget the title

My 11 year old son is reading Salvation on Sand Mountain by Dennis Covington....book about snake handling churches in the south...very good book...illustrates how even the most educated can get swept into some crazy mess....

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Last Lecture by Randy Pausch....finished it a couple of weeks ago...very good....started another similar book last week,but I forget the title

My 11 year old son is reading Salvation on Sand Mountain by Dennis Covington....book about snake handling churches in the south...very good book...illustrates how even the most educated can get swept into some crazy mess....

How did you like Randy's book? I grew up with him. He is definitely a credit to his parents. His book is definitely a reflection of his metamorphosis. He was a jerk when we were kids! LOL!

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A few weeks ago I picked up and then put down Russian Thinkers by Isaiah Berlin. Started to actually read it Sunday afternoon.