What brand and cut of jeans do you wear?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by redbear52, Nov 19, 2010.

1. redbear52

redbear52 New Member

I spent a couple of hours the day before yesterday at an outlet store that sold every different cut and style of jean made by about 5 different makers (Levi, Wrangler, Carrhart, etc).

I was basically looking for jeans that I could wear without looking too "graphic". I know there are guys for whom looking "too graphic" is a goal, but believe me, when you get older there will be times you want to be able to go out in a pair of jeans that don't have people guessing whether or not you have a hard-on.

I found that I could only wear the Levi "comfort cut" (550) or "relaxed fit" (560) models if I wanted something that appropriately fit my waist and ass. Even then, the thighs and seat were baggier than I would have liked. If I tried to wear Levi 501s, 505's, or 517s I had to get ones with a waist at least 2 inches too big and legs 2 inches too short, so that they could slide down well below belt line so that my cock didn't wind up well down one leg. When I did that I looked completely ridiculous. Most of the other brands were cut in a similar fashion.

Anybody have any advice for a guy who is not trying to show off but wants a pair of jeans that don't bag out in the thighs and butt?

2. TDurden1979

TDurden1979 Member

Albums:
    I'm a big fan of "Big Star" jeans. I can only find them at Von Maur and The Buckle here in Louisville. Plenty of different fits(hell The Buckle has thirtysomething fits for just men's jeans alone) so finding a comfortable pair is easy, just time consuming. The denim is soft yet durable, they look good, and aren't over the top price-wise. I pay around $80 a pair, and have some that are seven plus years old. Still fit fine, no bagginess in the ass area after so many wears. Definitely recommend them.

3. umnc30

umnc30 New Member

It'd be nice to go to a store that had most of the jeans brands and had associates that knew which ones to suggest. I have a few pairs of Levi 559's. They've served me well. Also Express has good fits of jeans. I haven't tried any of the more expensive brands.

4. ruggerkit28

ruggerkit28 Active Member

Albums:
    i just try them on, and choose a pair that looks my arse look good. A button fly is MUST. Diesel are not bad.

5. mikebm4wm

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm a HUGE fan of G-Star Raw...Netherland-based company but they are available here in the States or on their website...I think that almost ANY European brand jeans will be better suited for a naturally GREAT fit since they tend to tailor it to the clientale who wears them..almost ALL european style/brand jeans are button fly (a must) and VERY tailored looking/feeling...the G-Star brand I have give GREAT support to whats upfront as well as enhancing what drags behind :)...

6. exwhyzee

Gold Member

I just bought a pair of Levi's 599's today. They are as I like my men...straight and down low. :cool:

Special thanks to the LPSG member who approved them for me. :grinning-smiley-003

7. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I like Levi's Matchstick slim straight jeans... When did Levi's start costing this much $?

8. ZipidyDodaa

ZipidyDodaa Member

I always wear bootcut but my current favorite brand is True Religion

9. cwboy22

cwboy22 New Member

Albums:
    Levi 501s. Still my favorite

10. kyberneticka

kyberneticka Member

Albums:
    Levi's 527. I wore only 501 until a few months ago. I'll never go back to those ill-fitting jeans.

11. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    My favorite jeans are Levis 505 corduroy jeans. 505s are a zip up version of 501s - same flattering cut. I think that Levis brand look better on me than other brands. I don't really like denim, but recently bought a pair of Levis 505 denim jeans because I wanted dark blue pants for work, but didn't want dress pants. The cords are way more comfortable than denim. You can get Levis 505 cords only at Rocky Mountain Connection.
    www.rmconnection.com

12. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    No joke. Levis are a bit pricey, but they way they fit justifies the price.

13. bigshooter9

bigshooter9 New Member

Albums:
    I like Levi's 510 skinny jeans

14. johnboy29

johnboy29 New Member

Bought a pair of Diesel Larkee jeans a couple of months ago. Low cut, button fly, stretch fabric, ideal for me as I'm heavy in the stomach area, but narrow across the hips. Can't recommend them highly enough. Never thought I'd fit comfortably into 32" waist jeans again. And yes, the package looks great in them too!

15. 2xistTrunks

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm a fan of Levi's 527s. They look good on me in all the right places!

16. Blorkin

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I actually just bought 2 pairs of jeans yesterday. The brand is London Bridge you can get them Foreign Exchange. One is a skinny straight and the other is a straight fit. I also own 3 Apt. 9 jeans it one of khols brands. The fits are straight skinny. I own a pair of anchor blue jeans which are a low rise straight skinny. I also custom made some jeans they are a low rise straight skinny fit (the site is Makeyourownjeans.com, Custom Jeans | Designer Jeans). Finally i own a levis eco 539 vintage straight. That ends my wear in public jeans. Next i own 2 relaxed straight levis which i use for hiking, painting, etc. I would recommend any staright skinny jean just because they look good and are loose enough to hide anything (well this really depends on how big you are). I love my custom made jeans and because they are custom you can have them made exactly how you want. So you could just add some extra room where needed. Hope this helps.

17. gen1125

gen1125 Member

I prefer Levi 527's Boot cut. They look better than any other jean I have tried on but I also haven't tried any pricier jean on. I cannot bring myself to paying a lot for jeans.

18. nicecircjob

nicecircjob Well-Known Member

I like the Levis 'skinny' 511's. I also have a pair of the 'super skinny' 510's. Both are low waisted. Size 29x30. Length is a bit long, but that is the shortest length available.

19. cjj2k

cjj2k Member

Albums:
    Levis 527 for me also. Great fit.

20. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

Levi 501s are made from denim which shrinks with washing. I recall that a person should buy them 2 - 4 inches larger in the waist and at least two inches longer in length. after three or four wearing/wash cycles they should have that fantastic shrink-to-fit Levis feeling. Levi 501s are not intended for that loose-fit feeling.

Draft saved Draft deleted