What Browser Do You Use?

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
When are we going to have these computers you just speak to and they do what you want?

Opera has this voice control thing. You can say things like "Opera page down" or "Opera back" and it works fairly well, but not worth the overhead IMHO. mouse gestures work much better. You can navigate pages by sweeping the mouse across the screen.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A pox on Microsoft!

I use Mozilla SeaMonkey (which I sometimes call ButtMonkey, not because I don't like it but just to amuse myself). It is the old Netscape 7 suite, with browser, e-mail, and HTML editor. Since I freely switch among the three functions (e.g., I almost always do some editing to web pages that I save, if only to put the URL on them), and no other browser that I know combines all three, I have never been much tempted to use any other.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
IE5 has tabs. And of IE, Firefox and Opera, IE has the best implementation of tabs. I also find IE's bookmark management superior to the others.
I think you meant IE7 has tabs. Even if it's the "best implementation of tabs" I still wouldn't use it.

*I remember a similar thread which had a poll as well.*

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
Not at all. Just not blinded by M$ hate either.

lol... i don't hate ms, their business strategy is flawless, but their software is not. I just recently bought a new acer laptop, and was hoping to put something besides vista on it, but vista is actually the only thing that recognizes all the onboard hardware, which is somewhat odd to me... since you can run linux on kitchen appliances nowdays.:confused:

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
XGX2007, hardware and software usually evolve together. The hardware designers often put in features specific to certain O/S's. It happens not only with Ms but other platforms. An O/S that runs well on many platforms is an anomaly.

Back to topic: I'm using the "unnamed" Mozilla. I plan to upgrade to Firefox when I get the motivation.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
IE5 has tabs. And of IE, Firefox and Opera, IE has the best implementation of tabs. I also find IE's bookmark management superior to the others.

Have you tried Opera? It automatically saves sessions. When you restart the browser not only can it open all the tabs you were using, but it also goes to the part of the web pages where you left off. IE doesn't seem to do this.

On the downside, I find that tabs in Opera tend to build up over time. I have tabs open from months ago.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Firefox for me, but when I use OS X, Mozilla has Camino. Oddly enough Safari & IE are the last 2 browsers I use. The only good use I have for IE, is to update a Windows XP system with a manual check of Windows Updates. On OS X, my preferences are to use Camino, FF, Safari and ultimately IE. Safari has tabbed browsing, but Apple seems to prefer that you download a beta safari update.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Firefox on Linux, for several years now.

I purged the microshit infection from my computers a long time ago. I keep an XP partition around simply because I like to play games from time to time...but even that's going by the wayside as more game developers release native binaries for Linux.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have you tried Opera? It automatically saves sessions. When you restart the browser not only can it open all the tabs you were using, but it also goes to the part of the web pages where you left off. IE doesn't seem to do this.

On the downside, I find that tabs in Opera tend to build up over time. I have tabs open from months ago.

What I like best about Opera is that it runs in a small footprint. It's a small download and installation, and when running the browser isn't a resource hog.

But I still prefer IE7's tabs and bookmarks, and the way they work together to allow you to open a bookmark in a new tab with only one click.

horsehungtim

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I use Firefox 3.0 with the IE Tab extension when I need to render IE pages. IE itself crashes after about a 10 second boot.