What Can $611 Billion Buy?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
$611 Billion? Put a lot of gated retirement communities, J&S Cafeteria franchises, a Church of Scientology and HUMMER dealerships along the U.S./Mexican borders. No one ain't getting in. :smile:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Instead of bitching, why not vote all the pro-war motherfuckers out of office. You get a chance every 2 years. All appropriations bills must originate in the House of Representatives. When no money is appropriated the war will stop. Hasn't the total for the undeclared war on Iraq passed the $7 trillion dollar mark?
You hit several nails right on the head there, joejack. For many years now, I've advocated sending a strong message to our senators and representatives: clean it up. Fuck up, and you're out of there. Unfortunately, the sheeple are unwilling to do that, because they are afraid to vote on ethics rather than party affiliation.

What could we buy with $611 billion? Hmm. The recent health care bill, 76 times over. The pres vetoed the 8 billion health care bill, "because we can't afford it!" Funny thing, though, we can afford this "war." What I haven't figured out yet is that the claims for invading Iraq were that we will all be safer. Almost 6 years, billions and billions of dollars, and thousands of lives later, I don't feel any safer. If I were actually safer, I wouldn't still be having to throw away my toothpaste and saline solution, and remove my shoes and belt to go through airport security, would I?

Interesting thing, though. On my flight from Chicago to Washington last Sunday, I was seated next to the federal air marshal on that flight. He was HOT! Ah, but for national security reasons, I can't reveal how I knew he was a marshal... he was in plainclothes, but I noticed a couple of "differences." I asked a couple of questions, he gave me a very odd look, and said "you're very observant... are you in law enforcement?" We talked a little more, and he explained those "differences" I asked him about, and told me he was a federal agent.

But no, I certainly don't think we are getting our money's worth in this so-called war on terror. Not even close!