What can Brown (shit) do for you (UPS)

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Mem, May 15, 2008.

1. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

I was expecting a package Tuesday via UPS from an Ebay transaction. I never got it and the person who shipped it gave me the wrong tracking number for someone in NY state about 250 miles away. I filed a claim with Paypal. Now after insisting that she had given me the right tracking number, she gives Paypal the correct number. I check the new tracking number and it said it was delivered on Tuesday to someone named "Burney" at Apt. M4. The problem is that my building only goes as high as 3H. So now UPS gave my package to someone else and I have to wait for the local office to contact me.

I had a previous problem with UPS. I was not going to be home so I had my package shipped to my parents house, in the same town. When I got my package it also had another package with it that was for someone else in my building. I brought it home and gave it to the right people. So then UPS starts calling my parents looking for the package. They did not understand the agent, or the agent did not understand them (since they are not fluent in English) There was no way to contact UPS since I did not have the tracking number for the package that I dropped off with my neighbor. So if you ever have to give a neighbor their package be sure to write down the tracking number for you records.

2. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Woo-Hoo, I just found my package. It was delivered to the wrong address.

I did some self detective work (and for example); my address is 442 Main st. and it was delivered to 422 main st.

3. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

It's not just UPS - Fedex did that to me before with some fucking important paperwork - I lived at number 150 and they attempted to deliver to number 15, fortunately there was no one in to take it. I had to really fight my ground to get them to send someone back out with it the same evening. They were insisting I hadn't been there and that I had to wait til the next day, I couldn't as I needed the papers first thing the next morning. It took about an hour to explain to the stubborn fucker and his equally stubborn supervisor that I had waited in all day at #150 where I lived and where the package was actually addressed to while their agent tried twice to deliver the package to #15 because their carbon copies were a little unclear on the detail of the '0'. I mean even the computer said '150' but they had a bit of paper that looked more like a 15 so that was that. Fucking jobsworths!

Glad you got your package in the end, mem.

4. alex8.5

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've had issues with UPS, but they were quickly fixed. Purolator was the worse, they had the address reversed and the street name wrong. When I checked the waybill that the info was hand written on, the info was correct. So how did they go from the correct address to the wrong address? Anyway the person it was delivered to was honest enough and king enough to call me since my phone number was visible. I picked up the parcel. Purolator refused to refund the shipper the cost, saying since the parcel reached it destination it was not considered lost. Horrible customer service all around. I'm sure they deliver more parcel to the right location than they lose. But uit is frustrating. My parcel was an important contract. Purolator really did not seem to care, or the person i spoke with didn;t care.

5. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    Realize, not everyone's perfect like you mem0101. :tongue:

6. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

This whole delivery was a fuck up. The person or co. I bought the item from ebay gave me the wrong tracking number and insisted it was correct. It showed that my item was shipped to someone else. Only after I made a claim with Paypal did they find the correct tracking number, otherwise I would not have been able to search my neighborhood looking for my package.

I was going to write a nasty letter of complaint to UPS, but I lost my micro sd card for about a half hour, so I thought that was a sign that I should not do it. The supervisor told me that she would talk to the driver.

7. Yonkers

Yonkers Member

I had something similar happen to me but in reverse a few months ago. I arrived home from work to find a parcel at my front door. I looked at the name and address on the parcel. It wasn't my name nor was it anything like my address. The only similarities between my address and the address on the package was that we were in the same suburb. The address it was supposed to go to is a street that runs off mine. I tried to call the courier company but they close at 5pm and I was calling at 5:45pm. Luckily it had the receiver's phone number on it so I called her. When she came and got the parcel she was greatful as it was parts for her husbands work equipment that they were waiting on.

She was going to call the courier company and blast the crap out of them.

Yonkers.

8. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

isn't UPS just a different spelling for "oops"?

9. simcha

Gold Member

UPS can't find my address. I ALWAYS have to go to their damn center on Pardee at the Oakland Airport which means I have to brave the Nimitz Freeway (I-880). I HATE IT.

This is why I NEVER order anything that requires me to have it shipped UPS. I actually tell business owners of web stores that sell things I would normally buy of my preference for the United States Postal Service who will actually find my address AND find my apartment door and leave the package at my door in my secure hallway. And I'll tell them of the utter disdain I have for UPS while telling them so long as they don't offer shipping by the United States Postal Service they will have one less customer.

To me it's odd that after all this time of studying the inefficiencies of the USPS I would notice that they have the BEST SERVICE BY FAR when it comes to package delivery. Yes they have their issues BUT UPS can't even find my building!

10. transformer_99

Gold Member

UPS just did this to me as well last week. FedEx and the USPS has never screwed up. Then there's good old DHL, don't get me started on them. UPS, only use them when forced by the vendor and if I find one that uses FedEx, that's a factor in the decision.

11. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp New Member

When I was a kid, I had a friend who lost every dog he ever had to UPS trucks. He nicknamed them Union Puppy Smashers.

Draft saved Draft deleted