what can i do for myself?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Hairy Truman, Dec 29, 2010.

1. D_Hairy Truman

D_Hairy Truman New Member

burnt out from the people at my job. looking to meet new people outside of it. not easy, but i'm trying. so in the meantime what can i do as a single person to treat myself well both physically and mentally. just looking for new ideas and suggestions. thanks!

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Why not start with a list of the things that you like to do outside of work. Maybe take a class at night or do some volunteer work for an organization that you care about. You will always meet new people there and you will likely have similar interests.
    You can meet people almost anywhere... I met my best friend on a long flight.
    Meanwhile when I was single I did not mind doing things alone that most people do as a couple like going to the theatre or the museum or going skiing and typically I met someone new in the process.

3. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    ^ Good suggestions, Nudey.

Coming on here is probably a good start. Decent community on here, with various forums to join in conversations on.

Good luck anyway, man. :)

4. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Self care includes things like eating right, getting a haircut, a massage, reading a good book, etc. And do not forget a sincere wank in front of the mirror. You are always going to have yourself so be your own beloved, to whatever extent you are comfortable with.

Inner content too. Sit in the comfy chair and breathe deep meditative breaths, pet the pet, count the blessings. If changes need to happen in any area of your life, they will occur to you here.

Draft saved Draft deleted