what can you do about a boyfriend who is using your credit?

B_ccampit

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I recently had a boy friend who was getting a divorce from his wife met me came to live with me. Talked me into moving to selling my home we moved to Miami Beach florida I purchased a car and put my name on it first and then put him down as a clause(and) he started going out on me and sent me away to Michigan called me from Florida and told me that i had 9 days to think about where I was going to live,throught me out of the apartment and keeped my car and took both sets of keys and abandond me there when I returned. Question. What can I do to get my name off of the car and the Loan that we are both on?.

B_ccampit

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Tardis69 I thank you very much for the advice. it has been a scary thing I will do that. at first i dident think that i was even being noticed but I did need to try and find out my leagle rights first.. Thank you once again.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Tardis69 I thank you very much for the advice. it has been a scary thing I will do that. at first i dident think that i was even being noticed but I did need to try and find out my leagle rights first.. Thank you once again.

No problem mate, just if you can ,do not stop payments on the loan until you get legal advice first otherwise your credit will be blacklisted.

B_ccampit

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Will do. I have made the payments for the last 10 months and he said that he would take them over but they dident take the full about out of him for this ,, i was over paying the loan to get it payed down faster now he is taking advantage of that and not paying the full bill to keep it up. So I think the sooner the better about getting this leagle advice.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have no idea about how you stand legally in the US but you have to seek advice and act on it. I'm sure there will be someone here who can help you more and will post. Good luck and keep us informed.

Finally - this is not meant to be a dig or criticism but in future when you meet someone look after your own interests. :wink:

Darkriff

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Theres almost nothing you can do. you're oth listed on the title correct? That means that reporting it as stolen is out of the question. If you're afraid that he is out to ruin your credit either way then I would suggest a voluntary repo. It still looks negatove on ur credit but not AS bad. Also that would take the car out of his hands. Later on you could try small claims court but i honestly doubt anything would happen with that. Unfortunately you're on the loan as well, so at the time you gave proper consent. Is it an equal joint loan or are you the main borrower with him as co-signer?

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My question is has he thrown you out of an apartment which you are both renting or have a mortgage on aswell???

Because aside from what he has done with the car if he has taken away your home aswell then that is just majorly taking the piss!!!

You would have as much right to live there as he has and the only way anyone would be getting me to leave MY home in a similar situation would be on a stretcher!!!

As for the car...

If the loan is just on the car I would just stop paying it and it will be repossessed anyway surely???

There is NO WAY I would pay for anyone else to drive round in my car!!!

Lastly you have my sympathies!! I mean what an arsehole!!

StormyB

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I despise people who use other people and play with emotions for their own needs, its disgusting, take him to the cleaners mate or Judge Judy. Take care fella and be careful next time around.
Judge Judy is the shit! She would eat that man alive.

I hope things work out for you ccampit, that guy is a bon rien..you deserve better

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Kill him. That shit just ain't right. :no:
Okay now, that I have had time to calm down and digest the information. Let me try and give you some rational advice.:cool:

I recently had a boy friend who was getting a divorce from his wife met me came to live with me. Talked me into moving to selling my home we moved to Miami Beach florida I purchased a car and put my name on it first and then put him down as a clause(and) he started going out on me and sent me away to Michigan called me from Florida and told me that i had 9 days to think about where I was going to live,throught me out of the apartment and keeped my car and took both sets of keys and abandond me there when I returned. Question. What can I do to get my name off of the car and the Loan that we are both on?.
Call the finance company to see if you can get your name taken off the contract. Since you are the primary that may not be possible.:frown1: Make sure they know that you are no longer in posession of the vehicle. I would be pissed off that this jerk had the car. If you can't go and get it, I would tell the finance company to take it. They can mark your credit report that it was a voluntary repo. That's bad but not as bad as a regular repo.

If there are any credit cards with both your names on them and he is still using them, report them as stolen and have them reissued to just you.

Drop a dime on him. :cool: Tell everyone you both knew that he is a player and a mooch who tried to rob you blind.

Now for the stuff you don't want to hear:
The man just got divorced from a woman, was bi-curious and you thought "I gotta snatch him up." :rolleyes: WRONG! He just got divorced! He doesn't have any money of course he is gonna milk your wallet dry. :rolleyes: :duh: This man is an emotional walking disaster area. How could you not know that you were to be one of many transitional men? This is a man that clearly needs to play the field.
STOP FALLING IN LOVE SO FAST!!!
Why would you let anyone talk you into selling your home and moving 2000 miles away?! :confused: Why would you put his name on a car when you just met him? I have never said this to anyone before in my life, but dude you have got to stop acting like a patsy! :irked: It's time to man up and put on your big boy pants.:mad:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If you can't get off the loan, at least go and take the car.
Since you seem kinda clueless when it comes to this stuff, I'm going tell you how to do it the easy legal way. Call a towtruck. Haul the car to a dealership and have them open it for you and change the locks. Since you are the registered owner, it's all above board and they'll have no problem doing it. It's going to cost a couple hundred but you'll have your car back. There are "cheaper and more direct" ways, :wink: but I don't think you are up to organizing the operation.

Drive it back up north where you live and don't contact the jerk again.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If you can't get off the loan, at least go and take the car.
Since you seem kinda clueless when it comes to this stuff, I'm going tell you how to do the easy legal way. Call a towtruck. Haul the car to a dealership and have them open it for you and change the locks. Since you are the registered owner, it's all above board and they'll have no problem doing it. It's going to cost a couple hundred but you'll have your car back. There are "easier and cheaper" ways, :wink: but I don't think you are up to organizing the operation.

Drive it back up north where you live and don't contact the jerk again.

edit- NJQT is right. Quit being so gullible.

B_ccampit

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I thank everyone for there advice, I was really down, he used me and took my life I had no clue he was going to do this to me though He is not bi cerious he is 100% gay hadent had sex with wifie in 18 years only men.