What Can't You Say No To?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I reported two of your threads as being one woman's issue as opposed to Women's Issues. One got moved to Relationships and the other was left alone. I did not report this thread. Perhaps someone else did. Or maybe I did and do not remember. My memory isn't reliable since the accident.

My position is this. How are we supposed to get this forum cleaned up if we don't post consistently according to our own insistence that threads here have to be Women's Issues? If you look through the archives, you will see that originally, this section was for anything even tangentially related to women or a woman. Over a decade ago, the site experienced a cultural shift and the most vocal women wanted this section to actually be ABOUT women's issues. Personally, I was in favor of that shift, even if it meant this board was slower.

Now, if most women want this section to be full of Et Cetera posts, as long as the OP is a woman, so be it, but generally, as it has been expressed by many of the women, many times, those posts belong in Et Cetera, or they belong in Ask a Woman. If we expect people to understand the purpose of this section, we have to be consistent regarding how we use it.

I would like to see a lot of the older threads that don't pertain to women's issues closed or moved. I would like to see new threads be topical. When I pointed to two of your newer threads, I honestly expected to be ignored, just as nearly all of my previous requests to remove threads from this section have been ignored.

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
When I posted about my marriage splitting up. Inwas experiencing issues almost exclusively woman issues. Like alimony child support. I was looking for my gals to be there for me. But if yall want to keep it strict it will just suck for people like me. Did you report the post comparing kitten pictures? Is that a woman's issue?

My perspective was that WI was focused on the participation of the minority group (ladies) but men were welcome to participate, whereas AAW was restricted by gender.

I dont have any opposition to AEs position, nor TGs, but the purpose of the forum should be defined.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I posted about my marriage splitting up. Inwas experiencing issues almost exclusively woman issues. Like alimony child support. I was looking for my gals to be there for me. But if yall want to keep it strict it will just suck for people like me. Did you report the post comparing kitten pictures? Is that a woman's issue?
Is it my job to remember to post a report about every thread every time? YOU report it. I also didn't report the last post I saw made by a man in Ask A Woman. Also, are my opinions that weighty? Do my Women's Issues reports usually get any kind of response? No. It takes mods agreeing with a report to get action. Apparently mods agree.

My opinion on the thread Rate The Pussy Above is that it is topical as irony. It's a parody post.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Everytime the hammer gets thrown it takes womens posts and takes them far more seriously than any other forum on here. Frankly a lot of people think this place is getting stale. And I'm annoyed that every woman's post has to be related to abortion. I'm pro abortion and I still see it constantly brought up. Let's merge some threads then.

Reactions: AlteredEgo

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Please so parody is allowed. What else? Let's define the boundaries.
Don't feign stupidity; it's beneath you. It is a parody of a common theme of male-centered posts in Show Off, and the obvious lack of a need for a female vwrsion of the same. It's a clever play on words. But if you disagree, click the button. Let a mod know. You're allowed to do that just like anyone else.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I guess I dont really care what women want to post about that bad. I dont go around here picking on any of the women. Even if it doesn't belong. Why? Because I dont want to make them feel shitty. If they feel it is more related to women than men. Then it should be there.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I posted about my marriage splitting up. Inwas experiencing issues almost exclusively woman issues.
You know what, I thought some more about this. Really? Is that what your OP read? Or was it just about one woman's bereavement? Was it just the same feelings everyone, man or woman experiences at such a terrible moment? It absolutely did not start out about anything that impacts anyone other than you. To state otherwise is disingenuous. I believe we have always had respect for each other, so I'd appreciaye it if you didn't insult my intelligence.

I guess I dont really care what women want to post about that bad. I dont go around here picking on any of the women. Even if it doesn't belong. Why? Because I dont want to make them feel shitty. If they feel it is more related to women than men. Then it should be there.
I'm not picking on anyone. If you feel picked on, that too is purely about you. I will not allow you to be manipulative about my motives and intentions. I want to be taken seriously when I click the report button. So, I'm trying to be consistent about how I do it. I complain about some necromanced off-topic bullshit. But I'm not a whiner nor a hypocrite. So, if I see something new that is also off-topic, even though it isn't bullshit, merely off-topic, I click on that too if I have a moment. You are welcome to do the same, or not to do the same. I habe no control over what happens here. You're giving me too much credit. Do a search for Zaromski. Last I checked he was still active. Do you think that would be the case if I actually had any influence here? This is boring. I've explained myself and I'm done.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Some of y'all need to not throw my adorable mock-pussy thread under the bus. It's a commentary on the female experience on LPSG. How we operate on the site and how said activity differs from the male of the species.

Would Show Offs be the more appropriate home for the thread?

Um, no. Not at all.

Totes a fuckin' Women's Issue. And kittehz... who the fuck hates on kitteh threads?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I wouldn't be surprised if someone who has had their threads removed from this section for being off topic was just trying to apply consistency.

Some of the threads started in recent days/weeks have been ones that could be considered better placed in other sections. We do have a lot of lurkers in this section. Just a thought.

I didn't report, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if someone did. I don't care that these threads were posted in the section, but I would be lying if I said I don't see how other members might find it uncool that we report off topic threads unless they're started by someone in our so called "clique".

Just my two cents.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
We know I can't say no to kettle chips.

Also. Indigo anything, my favorite color. B Complex supplements, they keep my veggie ass healthy. Kittehs, I recently found out you can foster adoptions at the shelter, I make a point to sponsor special kittehs. My doggos, those pibble smiles. Bad horror movies, I have seen and adored far too many of them. Used book stores, I like all the imagination invested in used books. Thrift shops, oh the treasures I have found. Gender-queer folk, they is my people and gathering of the tribe makes me happy. Puddles, my footwear is ever at peril. Udon noodles and sweet potatoes. Fireflies, they is rare now days. Rare seeds, I am growing blue tomatoes right next to pink ones! Neck nibbles, mother frippin' kryptonite.

Reactions: Enid