what car should I get????!?!?!

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hear the 6 is a good seller here. Blue would be nice, I like blue and my current car is blue (actually, so was my last one!) though to my eye this model somehow suits lighter colours. But that's just a personal thing.

Here's what it looks like in metallic blue.

Silver would probably resell easier than a darker or solid colour at least in the UK but I don't know if that's true for you. Whichever you choose at least you know it will never ever ever breakdown. :smile:

jfrsndvs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
if a person buys a new vehicle and plans to keep it for years, blue would be a good color to get, however, if a person buys a car and plans to trade within a 5 year period, blue, black, and maroon or any other darker colors would be the worst colors to get, white and silver are the best colors to get if you plan to trade or sell within a 5 year period.

one thing that I would suggest, if the op's current vehicle is dependable and paid for, drive it as long as the car will go.

last week, I won a customer service award at work, and that is a 2007 Silverado, it is now on order at the factory, I should be receiving it in about 4 weeks, it will be nice to get a new truck for nothing, but I will still keep my old F-150 and drive it daily it's dependable, and makes the perfect work truck.

never ever ever[/I] breakdown. :smile:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
if a person buys a new vehicle and plans to keep it for years, blue would be a good color to get, however, if a person buys a car and plans to trade within a 5 year period, blue, black, and maroon or any other darker colors would be the worst colors to get, white and silver are the best colors to get if you plan to trade or sell within a 5 year period.

I agree, well apart from the white, it's a struggle to sell white cars here and you won't see many around. That's one of the reasons the Police changed from white to silver so they could sell them on easier when the leases expired.:smile:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I only buy Honda and Toyota products. Mazda's are really Fords. So are Volvos.

The Consumer Reports Auto Edition is out. Do not buy anything they do not recommend. My friends have gone against their recommendations to the tune of thousands of dollars in repairs and maintenance.

That being said, I think they actuall recommend tha Mazda 6.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have the Mazda3 Grand Touring Edition. Love it and have had no problems with it. Bought it last year after a few months of research. Among other sites, Edmunds.com gave it an excellent rating. 2.3 ltr engine, leather seats, moonroof, Bose stereo system, climate control, xenon and fog lights, seat warmers, theft system (I also have wheel locks), and a host of other goodies. My only complaint was that the "performance" tires were kinda shitty so i'm replacing those. You get a helluva lot for your money and the repair record is good. 4 year/48,000 mi. warranty too.

Oh, and mine's blue. Not a big blue fan usually but this has a violet cast to it. Nice.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've had three Mazdas; a Miata, a 626, and a Pretege ES. All of them were good cars. The Miata was great fun to drive but it was so small that I felt really vulnerable in city driving. My particular 626 was strictly a grocery hauler but completely reliable and got GREAT gas mileage. The protege was fun to drive and totally reliable. My only complaint is that it seemed like the suspension was too firm for the actual body structure and it developed squeaks and rattles pretty early in life. Various events and changes in circumstances (mostly good) have resulted in my current and favorite car being an old (1986) BMW 535i. I'll probably stick with BMWs but am thinking about a Subaru Imprezza.
Between the two, I'd get the Six.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey DJG: The May '07 copy of CAR AND DRIVER features a comparison among the Volkswagen GTI, Subaru Impreza WRX TR, Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V, Mini Cooper S, and the Mazdaspeed 3 Grand Touring. The Mazdaspeed 3 was the top choice. The crew loved the car. I looked at the Mazda 6 line-up. The thing that I heard about the Mazdaspeed 6 is that it's heavy (weighs the same as a new Mustang GT) relative to the power. The Mazdaspeed 3 does the quarter mile in 14.0 seconds flat. That's pretty quick for a 4 cylinder car. I'd get the 3 and save the price difference.

BlackCock85

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Get The Camry SE V6 =D

The 6 is near the end of it's model design.......so I'm sure there will be a new bodystyle soon so it would be sad to get the 6 and a few weeks later have the new bodystyle out, same with the 3.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
CAR AND DRIVER

Careful. Auto companies give most car magazines special vehicles to drive that have been super-inspected. These cars often do not mimic the everyday likihood of the car the average purchaser receives.

Consumer Reports, on the other hands, purchases their cars from dealers under the guise of normal purchase and then drives them into the ground.

350Z

Sexy Member
Media
If you consider yourself to be a dull and boring person, get a Honda or Toyota. I would not bother with Consumer Reports either because I personally think they are very biased towards domestics. The Mazda 3 is a good bet. Check out some domestics as well, they should have some good deals out.