Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Why are you even posting this shit?

I wouldn't even care what a nutcase who believes the world is less than 10,000 years old and in a god who didn't bother to show up for the first 195,000 years of homo sapiens existence on the earth, if it weren't for the fact that these arseholes are trying to export the culture wars to make life hell for gay men living on other continents. I really wouldn't be able to give a fuck, if that weren't the case.

As soon as you hear a creationist (conjecture yes but highly likely) ever use the word "science" you know it's going to be total shite. It's just a case of trying to provide pseudoscientific arguments to support his own bigotry. Real science would be anathema to any biblical literalist.

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
OK, let me ask you guys this. The guy in the video was saying that boys who failed to identify with their dads masculine role or feel rejected by their dads grow to be gay because they are trying to fill that male void in their lives. So, my question is: how is your relationship with your dad?

Not excellent personally, but my grandfather filled in the void for the male role model. Why would it matter?

grandunification

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For those digging up this old thread, I don't believe being gay is caused by mean dads. It seems it is something people are destined for regardless of their social environment.

Reactions: 622675 and OKCLane

For those digging up this old thread, I don't believe being gay is caused by mean dads. It seems it is something people are destined for regardless of their social environment.
Destined to be gay? Lol. You are still using Nicolosi's weird language:

"Perhaps you experience same-sex attractions, but you believe you were not destined to be gay. You believe that these feelings do not represent “who you really are.” If this is your belief, then we may be able to help ..."

Silbot.

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Honestly, no fucking clue. I’ve been with guys exclusively for awhile. I like them better physically. I connect with them better emotionally.

I’ve reflected on all of the flattering, unflattering (child sexual abuse, overbearing mothers, weak fathers, etc), and indifferent (genetics, genetics plus environment) theories that I have come across and tried to fit them to the data I have in front of me (and I have tons). I honestly couldn’t care less why I’m inclined to be gay. I figure, no matter what the reason, it’s my right as an American to be an unrepentant sodomite. ;) Joking aside . . .

There’s no pattern in the data. Biological causation is the most reasonable explanation. Socially, it is not a rational choice for a male. Some females profess to choose lesbianism in response to traumatic experiences with men. I cannot speak for them or any woman. I have seen no trends in parenting styles across any of the men I’ve gotten to know over the years. Most come from average, intact American homes that were free of any kind of abuse with parents occupying normative gender roles. That’s all I’ve got.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow, a dick pic sharing website is now being used for sharing a gay conversion apologist video. Do you guys get why I always insist on hammering this FACT at every opportunity: this is a dick pic sharing website, straighties should not be here

As the concentric circles of irony radiate across the browser window.....

muskokan

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
this question is akin to asking why are you attracted to blondes or redheads; just plain stupid. Nature vs Nurture is also a dumb question. In my family there has always been at least one gay male and a few gay women over the last 6 generations so I would hazard a guess that it is indeed genetic! just my $0.02

Reactions: OKCLane

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK, let me ask you guys this. The guy in the video was saying that boys who failed to identify with their dads masculine role or feel rejected by their dads grow to be gay because they are trying to fill that male void in their lives. So, my question is: how is your relationship with your dad?

Gibberish. The ideology behind this postulate (homophobic itself) is misogyny. It assumes a bunch of stuff and has no empirical support. One, a missing father doesn't mean a missing father figure. Two, a present father isn't always better. Three, we don't need a doting father not to decide we are in fact our mothers so let's go for hardcore D. 4. No no no. I knew I was gay at 3. Definitively. 5. Gay men aren't women. Gay men are no more feminine nor masculine than their straight siblings are based on parental influence.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I’ve talked with people who always knew their sexuality, people who learned it when they hit puberty, people who said theirs changed during their lifetime, people who said they chose their sexuality, and people who said they added on to their sexuality due to experimentation after puberty.

I’m also aware that there are words in multiple languages for “gay” and/or “preferring sex with the same sex” and/or “sometimes enjoying having sex with the same sex” and/or “living in a different gender category from one’s birth sex” and/or “performing indeterminate gender.”

To me, it’s therefore obvious that there are many valid ways to come to one’s sexuality.

NCbear (who was extremely happy to learn what “homosexuality” meant, because the fact that there was a word for what I was feeling meant that [1] I wasn’t alone on this planet and [2] there was the possibility of finding others like me)

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Being born into an imperfect world.

But by this token it's what produces heterosexuality as well. The original sin tarrs all with the same brush. So it's not really helpful as an explanation unless you're going to selectively accept the chunks of Levite nonsense about lying down but not the ones about shellfish, women having hair, two fabric cloth and all the lot being an 'abomination'.

But by this token it's what produces heterosexuality as well. The original sin tarrs all with the same brush. So it's not really helpful as an explanation unless you're going to selectively accept the chunks of Levite nonsense about lying down but not the ones about shellfish, women having hair, two fabric cloth and all the lot being an 'abomination'.

bravesoldier can voice his own reply if he choose, but here is another way of looking at his statement about an imperfect world.

One of the most imperfect aspects of our world is both the motivation and failed clarity of thought that is used to judge our self and others.

This weekend I witness an episode in my local grocery story parking lot that seemed to model this. A shopper used a store cart to haul goods to their car. After unloading the cart they pushed it into the front of a new auto (still had the paper tags on it).

The owner of the new car saw what the shopper had done and understood that the cart could easily cause damage. It could either be driven over by the new car owner or another car could crunch it into the new car’s grill.

The owner of the new car spoke up and asked the offending shopper if they had forgotten their cart. The shopper flippantly replied that they did not know where to put the cart.

The owner replied, “Well that just means you don’t have any consideration for others AND you are ignorant”. It was an accurate observation. The shopper drove away in a huff.

The references to “shellfish, women having hair, two fabric cloth and all the lot being an 'abomination'”, all have reasonable explanations as do those statements that appear to be homophobic. In the light of clear thinking and with unbiased information they too loose their judgmental quality, except for the broken minds in an imperfect world.

Reactions: Rustyridge