What changes after giving birth?

MrLondres

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm together now with a girl who is really my soul mate. Only thing that worries me sometimes is the sex. She's quite small and even though I'm in no way extremely big (about 7,75-8 inches depending on mood) she can't take more than about 5 without it hurting. Needless to say, this reduces the variations of positions significantly. We're trying now to get pregnant, and I'm wondering what your experiences are. I know that some women, after giving birth, become "wider" in the sense that girth problems can go away. But is there any hope of her becoming deeper, or is that just physically impossible?

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, I've had a cesarean recently and I still haven't had vaginal sex yet, but I'm hoping that soon I can answer your question. I did go through labor, so some of the changes that occur with labor have affected me. I have yet to find out what that means when it comes to having sex with him. We've had issues with him being too big for me, too. I've been given the green light to have sex, but the times we've tried have hurt a lot and we haven't achieved penetration yet. Honestly, it seems like I'm tighter than before, but another member here insists that's just a temporary change, not a permanent one.

I can tell you that while I was pregnant, we had fewer problems with both depth and girth, but that didn't happen until I was about 5-6 months pregnant.

PiercedPecker

Experimental Member
Media
Well I been with my girlfriend for 13 years now I was her first and she has always been a snug fit around my slightly above average sized cock three years ago in April she gave birth to our wonderful son. Aside from not wanting to go down on that for a while after seeing the birth (you will know what I mean when you get to see it for yourself lol) there was no difference in how tight she was or how she felt basically that shit is as good as new after giving birth lol. I didnt even ask the doc to put in a extra stitch or two for me lmao. Plus now she can never use the excuse that it hurts because I seen how big it can get haha.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well I been with my girlfriend for 13 years now I was her first and she has always been a snug fit around my slightly above average sized cock three years ago in April she gave birth to our wonderful son. Aside from not wanting to go down on that for a while after seeing the birth (you will know what I mean when you get to see it for yourself lol) there was no difference in how tight she was or how she felt basically that shit is as good as new after giving birth lol. I didnt even ask the doc to put in a extra stitch or two for me lmao. Plus now she can never use the excuse that it hurts because I seen how big it can get haha.

That last line was a joke, right? You don't believe that, right? Please tell me you don't believe that.

If I hit you with a crowbar first, can I punch you with my fists as much as I want, because my fists should no longer hurt since you've been hit by that crowbar.

Last edited:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If she complains of discomfort at a deep penetration it's often because you are hitting her cervix. Don't. It hurts.

Contrary to popular imagination, vaginas are not perfectly cylindrical tunnels. They have crevices and irregularities, and it's possible to change up their dimensions with pelvic floor exercising and use of toys, as well as poking different parts of the internal walls in different positions. Very huge toys have to make their way past the cervix to go in, and also there's quite a bit of difference from pelvis to pelvis in how deep the vaginal cavity is.

Changes in pregnancy are to facilitate the exit of the infant's head and are temporary. Epesiotomy is making a small incision in the labia to prevent excessive tearing during that exit, and is usually stitched up right after birth. It does not actually change the size of the vaginal canal, which gradually contracts and regains muscle tone after a few weeks. Breastfeeding helps by increasing hormone levels that hasten the recovery of the abdominal and pelvic muscles.

With one of my kids I developed a small hernia in the navel area that decreased my ability to 'bear down' and required post-natal repair, but that's not usual. And it didn't affect my ability to have vaginal sex one bit.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
Not to sound an alarm, but she should have this checked by her gynecologist. Pain during intercourse could be a sign that something is going on in there and you'll want to rule out any medical issues. Even if she doesn't have any symptoms otherwise it doesn't hurt to get checked.

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not to sound an alarm, but she should have this checked by her gynecologist. Pain during intercourse could be a sign that something is going on in there and you'll want to rule out any medical issues. Even if she doesn't have any symptoms otherwise it doesn't hurt to get checked.

I completely agree with the above. But I would also like to say that the op's statement: "I'm in no way extremely big (about 7,75-8 inches depending on mood) she can't take more than about 5 without it hurting." is a bit off. You need to re-think that MrLondres because 7.5-8 inches IS extremely big. There are very few women who can take that size easily.

My wife's vagina was less tight after (natural) childbirth, but I don't think it made any significant difference to the depth of penetration she can handle.

Last edited:

MrLondres

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thanks for all the answers, especially some thoughtworthy information from Helgaleena. And to Riven650, I am in no way blaming my gf or anything, 5 inches is more than some can take, in my experience, and the problem is that I am well above average, I know that (although among members on this site I would define "extremely big" as bigger than 8 inches, but that is not really the point). And it will be fine anyway it goes. I love her, and this is certainly not the most important thing in the world. Couldn't help but wonder though.