What? Cigarbabe...banned??

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Im going to take a wild guess....and say that she may have given Jason's personal info out to the wrong person...or somebody went overboard....

Hopefully she will return.

While your in the banning mood...why not fish out all the old inactive users. Do a purge.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It seems that nearly everyone gets banned here eventually, and there's often no obvious reason for it. People just disappear. Sort of like in China.

Well there's always a reason. But the reason is not always disclosed. When its well-known members here that get banned, the reason usually comes out one way or another.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well there's always a reason. But the reason is not always disclosed. When its well-known members here that get banned, the reason usually comes out one way or another.

I'm sure it would be possible to add the ability to display a reason why a member is banned. It would not only help explain why the member was banned, but it would also help others avoid making the same mistake.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Who's Mr Ed nick ?
Mr. Ed in Mass is her husband.

Was she being inappropriate?
Isn't she always? Heck that's one of her best qualities.:biggrin1:

How does anyone end up being banned?
Dude, you have been here long enough to know that bannings are often arbitrary, nebulous and 99% of the time not explained to the general membership. :cool:

I thought this thread was a joke. Is anyone gennuinely surprised by CG's banning :p? She often says what we're all thinking, and takes the ban for us. I'm glad this isn't permanent.
True, she is our own little Joan of Arc sometimes.

Clyde some things in the ToS def. need to be fleshed out also as I've said before. So no one has posted why CB is banned. I'll have to call her and get it from CB's pie-hole.
It has been the policy of the moderation team to not expose the reason for a suspension or banning.

It seems that nearly everyone gets banned here eventually, and there's often no obvious reason for it. People just disappear. Sort of like in China.
And the early days of the Bush Administration. . .

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Aw jeez.

I totally agree with taking down a POSTING that gives out too much info. But unless it was with malicious intent, I see no reason to take down the poster as well, temporary or not --- especially when CB was just trying to be helpful.

Jason posted some personal info too, to help people track down his phone number....

I sure hope he isn't going to be banned to!! :eek:

It wasn't because she gave out my personal information. I've heard it's because she PM'd a member telling him what he thought of her and he went to the mods claiming she was being harassing.

For whatever reason, this suspension is reprehensible in my opinion. Truly bad form.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When members are banned:

1. Do they get any warnings before they're banned?

2. Are they told why they're being banned?

3. Do they have a chance to appeal the decision?

Didnt her head end up on a stake? lol

JD:saevil:

No. She was burned at the stake by the English for heresies committed against the Catholic church though in reality it was because she was a woman leading armed forces against the English army.

Joan was eventually posthumously acquitted of those charges and made a saint once the Catholic church realized its enormous mistake.

I definitely see a parallel here.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No. She was burned at the stake by the English for heresies committed against the Catholic church though in reality it was because she was a woman leading armed forces against the English army.

Joan was eventually posthumously acquitted of those charges and made a saint once the Catholic church realized its enormous mistake.

I definitely see a parallel here.

She was canonized close to 500 years after she was burned, some organizations take a good while to admit to their mistakes.