What? Cigarbabe...banned??

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There were way too many things that just weren't right about it when I got banned, I got not one single real explanation, and when it was apparent that it was in error, I never received one single apology from any moderator or admin. It was just kinda like, "well, one of us screwed up, but we reinstated you, so you should be happy." That was long ago, and it still does not sit well with me.

Well, keep waiting and don't hold your breath. Remember when my signature got changed?

First the mods told me that no one changed it and Freddie suggested that I check my password (right!). Then Hickboy (then a mod) checked and realized that any moderator could have changed my signature and promised to follow up on that (he resigned based on a questionable comment that mindseye made towards me before he could find out who changed it). In the end, mindseye and Rob_E both posted to say they had no proof or evidence that my sig was ever changed.

This is utter bullshit.

I did not change it. No one has the password to my account, my browser does not log me in automatically, and my password has zero relevance to anything about me, so it would not be easily hacked (and who would want to hack my account with the express purpose of deleting a link in my signature anyway?)

One of the moderators changed it and the team has covered it up.

From that point on, the people on the mod team whom I once considered friends, I knew I could no longer trust to be truthful. Which means, we could no longer be considered friends in my eyes. Why cover it up? Why not have the person who changed it, just say, "I changed it because links to BD are against the owner's wishes." Covering it up just made the whole lot look like cowards and sneaks. Why no admit your missteps and mistakes? Beats me.

And it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. The more you ban people, the more others believe they have a right to demand that others be banned.

And this is why banning is generally not a good idea. Let adults sort out their disagreements on their own. Again, there is an Ignore List feature here. It works quite well.

We first mods found this out the hard way. Many longstanding and respected members began to PM, post and report people that they felt needed to be banned all the time. Instead of using their ignore buttons, they feed into the very problems that now have this site dependent upon moderation for survival.

The report post function should only have categories in it that relate to the ToS and jeopardize the existence of the site. Everything else can be ignored by the usership.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
as a completely clueless and oblivious blonde, i have no idea what is going on.
will someone please, kindly direct me to the bar? i suppose a drink would be nice,
i could jump up on the bar and disrobe and dance or something.

I think the big issue with this isn't what was said so much as mods have recommended in the past to take these issues to PM. Cigarbabe took her issue to PM and was banned for it proving that what is said in PM is grounds for banning. That rather makes the status of, "private," an oxymoron.

Truly I now feel as though I am unable to disagree with anyone and say what I think while others are obviously allowed to make veiled allusions and snide comments without any repercussion whatsoever simply because they'll nail themselves to a cross any time someone pisses them off despite the fact they obviously bait others. People who do this are trolls no matter what the mod staff believes and I believe the site suffers for it. I feel like Justice Stewart, "... I know it when I see it."

In deference to my personal friendship with some of the mods I must state that I'm not speaking as a friend, but as,

Jason_Els
Member.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
as a completely clueless and oblivious blonde, i have no idea what is going on.
will someone please, kindly direct me to the bar? i suppose a drink would be nice,
i could jump up on the bar and disrobe and dance or something.
I know a place just off the Blue Star Highway (zip code 49406) where that would be much appreciated!

Media

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think the big issue with this isn't what was said so much as mods have recommended in the past to take these issues to PM. Cigarbabe took her issue to PM and was banned for it proving that what is said in PM is grounds for banning. That rather makes the status of, "private," an oxymoron.

Truly I now feel as though I am unable to disagree with anyone and say what I think while others are obviously allowed to make veiled allusions and snide comments without any repercussion whatsoever simply because they'll nail themselves to a cross any time someone pisses them off despite the fact they obviously bait others. People who do this are trolls no matter what the mod staff believes and I believe the site suffers for it. I feel like Justice Stewart, "... I know it when I see it."

In deference to my personal friendship with some of the mods I must state that I'm not speaking as a friend, but as,

Jason_Els
Member.
You may be under the weather but your brain is still sharp as a tack. I agree with everything you said 110%.