What Cologne do you Ladies like on your Men?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by MrMXYZPTLK, May 11, 2010.

1. MrMXYZPTLK

MrMXYZPTLK New Member

I saw the thread of Perfumes that drive men crazy,

SO, I thought I'd ask all of the lovely ladies here. Do you have a favorite Cologne that you love your boyfriends/husbands to wear?

2. MrMXYZPTLK

MrMXYZPTLK New Member

I wear, Curve for Men. I get many compliments on it from women. Any suggestions of other brands?

3. josh20hung

josh20hung Active Member

I get alot of compliments on Cavlin Klein "Man" and Vera Wang for men

4. scottredleter

scottredleter New Member

Albums:
  5. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Personally I like fresh clean skin though the DKNYmen smells kind of rustic and manly it would be a top choice it kind of fades into this wonderful man smell that I just want to bury my face in. My current boyfriend wears Escape which I think smells like an Aspen tree. Cool Water smells like windex and I think this other stuff called Eternity smells like celery (i dislike both of these and anything that says AXE on it that stuff smells disgusting). My lists of dislike's are longer than my likes. I just like clean skin or the smell of hay for some reason. Most women might not agree. But I think it would be nice to kiss on my boyfriend and just taste skin instead of cologne. My ex wore something that smelled really nice but I don't remember what it was I used to sleep in his shirts when he was gone so I could smell him.

Actually I would like to know what all the girls think of AXE... I seriously had to tell my boyfriend he couldn't spray it around me. It's so harsh and musky.

#5 HiddenLacey, May 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
  6. Keleios

Keleios New Member

I tend to find AXE/Lynx stuff pretty overpowering compared to cologne but it's dependent on the person wearing it and whether or not they've applied the entire can at once.

lol for the Eternity/Celery association, I really love Eternity but have yet to persuade a guy to wear it so I can glue my face to his skin for some happy inhalation time.
    Aside from that, I've not really been around many men who wear cologne, obviously scented deodorants or body sprays so don't really have a preference there but do dislike anything musk based, find it too cloying.
    I do like the smell of a guy just out of the shower with a hint of a citrus or herb based shower gel though, makes for extremely edibility.

7. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lol everytime I see an AXE can I make an icky face. Or those stupid commerical's I'm like NOOOOOOOOOOOO we do not flock to the AXE wearer's we run FOR OUR LIVES... and lungs that is.:rolleyes:

8. Pandora77

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I like Armani Mania, Boss Bottled, Davidoff Cool Water, and most colognes with musk in it.
    I don't like sweet ones on a man, even though CK One smells pretty darn good.

9. Keleios

Keleios New Member

I think that being subjected to vast amounts of AXE/Lynx every day has put me off it. I work at a school where the student population consists entirely of 11-16yr old boys and they use cans of it to battle each with in class.
    If I didn't think I'd be immediately fired or die in the ensuing explosion, I'd be tempted to toss a match and run. Maybe I could justify it as Science but unlikely and will continue to confiscate instead.

10. sbat

sbat New Member

I get jumped by the GF every time I wear Aqua di Gio

11. the_new_godiva

I like Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, and Davidoff - but all in moderate amounts. A touch of ok cologne can be much more alluring than a good dousing of one that's supposed to drive us crazy (and I'm not just talking about Axe here).

That being said: whatever fragrance you buy, it should "mix" with your own scent as well. Not so easily done, but smell them yourself and pick the one that seems to pleasure your own senses most... Or grab a lady friend, some testers, blindfold her, and guide her to the different "testing stations" along your body :wink:

12. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    TheBoyfriend sometimes wears CB I Hate Perfume's Burning Leaves. It smells like burning maple leaves in autumn. It's just sexy on him.

Hugo by Hugo Boss also smells great to me.

13. gretchenweiner

Albums:
    Cordovan by Banana Republic nom nom nom!!! it smells like leather, musk and tobacco
    it drives me crazy!

14. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    I admit, I like the smell of this one, too. I haven't bought it for TheBF because it seems like too many men wear it.

15. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Eau de Tasha smells grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat on my guy!!

Saying that i like a number of aftershaves but all smell differently on different guys.My 3rd husb smelled lush with Ultraviolet but my current fella smells totally wrong with it on.

16. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Me, my lady loves OLD SPICE. And sometimes even stetson. Had one who all but went bananas on me when I tried at her insistence DRAKKAR NOIR .

17. xxxllover

xxxllover New Member

Very educational. So, I infer by reading this thread that a lot of people do like artificial smell on a man.
    I prefer a man to smell clean. No need for added chemicals.

18. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    The greatest thing about a scent isn't the initial attraction, it's the feeling that the scent evokes in you after it's been positively associated with someone you love. It's the reason I love wearing TheBoyfriend's shirts the day after he's worn them. They remind me of his scent.

19. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Ahhhhhhhhhhh you soppy wee thing!:smile:

Wait til your hormones really in,you'll be eating his shirts then hehe!

20. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    lol I used to do that with my ex, it was like I was surround by him when he couldn't be there with me:smile: yummy man smell

Draft saved Draft deleted