What Cologne do you Ladies like on your Men?

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Some of it is hardwired. I remember reading that cat urine was used as an ingredient for a lot of perfumes/colognes back in the day - cat urine contains pheramones, which trigger hormonal responses.

But even without pheramones, human response to scent is chemical first, emotional second

MrMXYZPTLK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would like to thank everyone that's responded. It's been very educational, and I've learned a couple of uncommon brands of cologne that I want to try now.

Aqua di Gio,
DRAKKAR NOIR,
Vera Wang for men,
DKNY men,
Cordovan by Banana Republic,
Eau de Tasha.

From what I've read, The ladies Dislike over doing it with any cologne and like the subtle not overpowering scent.

If you guys have more recommendations, keep them coming

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would like to thank everyone that's responded. It's been very educational, and I've learned a couple of uncommon brands of cologne that I want to try now.

Aqua di Gio,
DRAKKAR NOIR,
Vera Wang for men,
DKNY men,
Cordovan by Banana Republic,
Eau de Tasha.

From what I've read, The ladies Dislike over doing it with any cologne and like the subtle not overpowering scent.

If you guys have more recommendations, keep them coming

Yes, TheBoyfriend has a bad habit of spritzing twice instead of once. I love the scents I buy for him but I keep telling him, "Only once!"

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What do you mean by twice? Does he use stronger colognes?

For example, I normally have one for the neck and one on my wrist (and rub the other wrist) for two spritzes. I can't really smell it too much unless I bring my wrist close to my face or I waft the air around my neck.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

For example, I normally have one for the neck and one on my wrist (and rub the other wrist) for two spritzes. I can't really smell it too much unless I bring my wrist close to my face or I waft the air around my neck.

He spritzes twice, but I'd prefer once. He says that the smell fades quickly, but I feel that it's better if it's more subtle. Even though I am very aroused by the scents I love on him, I think one spritz is enough.

the_new_godiva

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

Spritz your wrist, then rub your wrists together, and then rub your wrists on your neck.

This hint brought to you by: Woman Who Like Men To Spritz Once, in partnership with The Recession.

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not a woman but I do have a fetish for colognes and perfumes.

I recommend that the OP go to the mall and sniff stuff out, then buy the stuff online. Its cheaper that way. And dude, you should wear stuff you like. Cologne should be an accessory to attract women, not a tool. If the ladies don't like you, they won't like your smell either. See what YOU like and wear it with pride.

I like all different smells, but I really like the really fresh and/or slightly sweet, feminine colognes. Try:

Armani Mania (I get the most complements out of this one. My favorite for special events)
JOOP! Nightflight (smells like clean sheets right out of the dryer.)
Hanae Mori HM (just got this. citrus fresh scent. I love it for casual wear. CHEAP!)
Drakkar Noir (very good! very freash. CHEAP!)
YSL Body Korous (eucalyptus, vanilla smell. also fresh. my gf likes this one. CHEAP!)
A*Men (expensive. You either love it or hate. try it. vanilla, musk, candy scent=sexy)

galaxus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And for women, if interested, try:

Emporio Armani for women (absolutely wonderful! My girl turns heads everywhere she goes with this perfume! can't find it in stores. search on amazon)
Versace Versence (Just bought this for her. Very light, green, fresh, grape fruit scent. For the summer)
Jadore Dior (elegant, powdery scent)
D&G The One (Sexy and sophisticated)

beachbum1971

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The greatest thing about a scent isn't the initial attraction, it's the feeling that the scent evokes in you after it's been positively associated with someone you love. It's the reason I love wearing TheBoyfriend's shirts the day after he's worn them. They remind me of his scent.

Very true. The scent reminds you of the person. I have memories of different scents, and hope that no one else I date in the future wears a cologne that would bring back memories of someone else. Now I'm very into Old Spice. :wink:

MrMXYZPTLK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some people have expressing that cologne and perfume should not be a tool used to get laid by the opposite sex. The other person will like you or not like you, and the scent you have will not make a difference.

That is very true.

BUT you do want to feel attractive and comfortable.

You are not going to dress up like a Storm Trooper on a date, although they should not care about the giant white helmet and look past the jump suit and like you for who you are. But seriously, unless your going to a Sci Fi convention, you probably aren't going out dressed like a storm trooper thinking "It doesn't matter what I wear it's my personality they should care about"

But yeah, I'm not seeing cologne like a shirt. Not just gonna wear any shirt and I'm not just gonna wear any cologne.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not seeing much love for Joop here. Guess I was lied to. Don't like it myself as it (Joop Original - pink/redish one) smells like tobacco and alcohol.

I have some Joop Jump which I just make do with. I have no one to impress with my fragrance anyway :tongue:

I might get some of that Cool Waters, heard a lot of good things about that.

PS Pheremones don't work on humans (apparently) so even if colognes did used to contain cat urine, it was a wasted effort.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Spritz your wrist, then rub your wrists together, and then rub your wrists on your neck.

This hint brought to you by: Woman Who Like Men To Spritz Once, in partnership with The Recession.

Bingo.

Curve has served me well for a very long time. Some girlfriend bought it for me a long time ago and apparently knew what she was talking about.