What determines if you have a large penis?

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it's mainly genetics. Of course, there are variations and mutations so not every hung father will have a hung son. Likewise, some average to below average baby makers will produce well endowed sprogs ;)

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wonderboy said:
I think it's mainly genetics. Of course, there are variations and mutations so not every hung father will have a hung son. Likewise, some average to below average baby makers will produce well endowed sprogs ;)

this is actually the most accurate post i have read so far about the subject....i think i mentioned it before that im a med student.....i have an extensive background in human bio and genetics

First penis size IS determined by genetics
Second penis size IS determined by environmental cues
Third penis size probably in some has to do with random mutations, variations, etc.....

There will not be a single "hung penis gene".....more than likely its a combination of many genes, probably tens to hundreds.....height, if i remember correctly is a random assortment of 7-20 different genes.....IQ is close to hundreds of different genes.....

more than likely most of the genes controlling penis size are not on the Y chromosome, its too small and its genes relatively non-complex, which means your mom carries genes that will affect the size of your penis.....so believe it or not penis size is probably controlled by the normal chromosomes and also some influence from X and others from Y.....however, if you look at many male characteristics theyre controlled by your mom's X chromosome (male pattern baldness for example).....so more than likely you have significant influence of your penis size from your mothers X chromosome and your dads Y chromosome pretty much turns on those genes

there will not be a simple answer to this question but you wont ever find a single gene

i always find it funny tho how guys talk about their dick bein from their dad when more than likely the influence is from your mother

Section8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
nick22ca said:
Well no, this is entirely wrong too. A form of randomness (in fact, the major determinant of gene expression) is obvious when we consider environmental triggers. Your genes won't be expressed unless they are exposed to specific environmental stimuli, can't get much more random than that.

Of course there isn't a gene that describes every imaginable part of our bodies. This almost implies that genes are located in those specific body parts. The only way I would have *tolerated* that sentence is if you had said that many, many genes, when paired with environmental interactions, describe "every imaginable part of our bodies." And it is impossible for genes to code traits. Groups of genes themselves can't code traits alone, they need to be expressed and 'turned on' by environmental cues.

Just as a follow-up with regard to how completely wrong you are, consider the fact that the majority of our own genome is made up of random and useless information, so-called 'junk DNA.' Many things in our genetic code, and in gene expression, are very random indeed.

The random part comes into play during conception.
Once cell division starts, then the blue print for our genes is set, but certain
factoring during development can affect those genes. A mother that drinks, smokes, or just has a very poor diet will prevent a child from reaching his or her full genetic potential.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LookinginLV said:
Won't it be a scary world when parents' can make babies to order? Imagine a world full of guys with 10", then 12", then 14" penises....

As a parent, I would have chosen 8 x 6. Now I am wondering what their mother would choose ??

I have this vague recollection that there are also moments during foetal development when the mother's testosterone level is significant. Can the medic comment?