What did Obama have to promise Bill to take the fall on the Sestak Debacle?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trinity, May 30, 2010.

1. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Anybody with commonsense knows they lied...(and by they I mean everyone who claimed the lame story of Clinton offered Sestak a Job to be true and that includes Sestak who is now running on the impugned honor of a Navy Admiral (his Navy service was already taking a beating because Sestak was relieved of duty for "poor command climate") They...had to get some lie together...(and by lie I refer to the sad and weak tale pushed out late on a long friday weekend that a former President offered Rep. Sestak an unpaid job he wasn't even eligible for on behalf of Obama's White House.) :rolleyes:

New York Times

Now, we could talk all day about whether it's a crime.
    We could talk all day about whether it's unethical.

But what is more interesting is...what did Obama have to promise Bill Clinton to TAKE THE FALL FOR THIS DEBACLE? Because if Bill Clinton had not saved Obama's butt yet again by standing in front of Rahm Emanuel and the man who sits in the desk behind him, I don't believe we would be debating whether a crime was committed.

The Real Quid Pro Quo...was between Clinton and Obama. Can't wait to see what THAT deal was....

2. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

Goes to show: (1) How desperate the dems are; and, (2) How corrupt the dems and current administration are

has the republic sunk so low that no impeachment will be forthcoming?

3. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

Consider also the difference in the motivations behind the past and current administration, which highlights the sleaziness of the current administration

When the Bush administration cited jurisprudence to legitimize waterboarding, it was part of an effort to save American lives -- the sleazy dems are just trying to engineer election results to stay in power.

4. justasimpleguy

justasimpleguy Active Member

Albums:
    I'm gonna snore through this one, just like the last 11 billion things Trinsanity has posted.

Oz and Ends: The Party of No Credibility

Snopes has disproved more lies/rumors about Obama in a year than 4 years of Bush. Conservatives sure do know how to lie.

5. dreamer20

Gold Member

The Republic has not sunk low if, unlike you, its denizens do what is just in first considering the facts obtained from an impartial investigation before decrying anyone as being corrupt.

Sestak Case Casts Light on Murky Political Boundaries - NYTimes.com

Joseph Gibson... “A line may have been crossed. But we do not know all the facts right now, and we cannot fairly judge the situation until we do.”

6. B_OtterJoq

B_OtterJoq New Member

The Pugs are desperate...so much so that they see nothing wrong in calling for a CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION!!!!!!!! of a run-of-the-mill political discussion as the Gulf Of Mexico dies.

Quelle surprise!

7. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was wondering how long it would take someone to bring this up. The Sestak job offer makes no sense- as every poll I've seen showed Sestak had a better chance of winning election against Pat Toomey then Specter did. The only thing I can think of is political payback for Specter switching parties, as it would make no sense to make the offer based on a greater perceived chance of election. Nevertheless, I really see nothing terribly wrong about offering someone a job to stay out of an election. It's politics after all, not a unity circle. Dont kid yourself for a second by thinking this didnt happen under Bush or any other Republican politician.

8. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    How does this job offer rise anywhere near the constitutional threshhold for a high crime or misdeameanor?

9. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Nick- Sestak is going to wipe the floor with Toomey. Specter was going to get his butt kicked by Toomey.

10. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Yep, I knew it. It's Bush's fault!

11. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

That's not what TomCat said or even implied, Big_E. Pay attention for once and stop running around threads with a pair of scissors. :rolleyes:

12. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Desperate? Yeah all while Obama is on vacation, priceless! George W. must be having a ball!

13. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Yeah you are right but if things were the other way around and I said don't think the Dems have never done anything like that you would be all over my ass. if you want to dish it out you should to be able to take it too.

14. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Can the partisan hackery you fool.
    Aren't you a bit tired of trying to predict what certain people would say or put them in political boxes yet? You've been trying to label me for months now, and you fail every single time.

I get on people's cases when they say something ignorant. Stupidity has no political bias. Learn what that means first before you even try to say what I would do if you said something. :rolleyes:

15. B_talltpaguy

B_talltpaguy New Member

The Republicans are desperate to make Sestak look bad, since it's their best chance to defeat him this fall (how else are they going to make a 3 star Admiral look bad?). That's why they are blowing up nothing into something. That's why when Sestak was first asked about this BACK IN FEBRUARY, he was candid in confirming he had been offered a job to drop out, and it's why the Republicans said next to nothing about it then. They know it's not illegal, and they know that parties make inside deals with people all of the time to get a certain candidate on the ballot. That's how party politics works, and that's why party politics sucks for us voters.

16. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Look at previous posts there are plenty of examples. You think you're clever but you read like a book.

Say what ever you want but I'll be the one laughing when they run OneBigAssMistakeAmerica out of the office with a pitchfork. He can already kiss any gulf state goodbye. I'll bet he doesn't last the year. At that time I'm going repost all the BS you and your cronies have written and and let you stew in it. :biggrin1:

It's a beautiful day, I'm not going to waste anyomere of it b.s.'n with you guys. Happy Memorial Day and take some time to thank the folks who gave their lives so we can barbque and hang out at the beach.

17. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Nope. Sestak already looked bad:

Admiral Sestak was relieved of duty! For poor command climate. And to top it off Sestak refuses to release his military records!

Sestak wasn't the leader he claimed to be by his 3 star admiral title AND now he impugned his own character by going along with this ridiculous tall tale that even Clinton won't answer a question on...:rolleyes:

18. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Even that makes no sense. I mean, Sestak stayed in and won, right?

19. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    You're downright crazy, dude. Seriously.

20. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

You may have a book in your hand, but too bad you still don't understand the language it's written in. :rolleyes:

Um.... that's STILL not the message that TomCat was implying.

Ummmm, McFly... did you pay any attention to the 2008 election map? Obama only won one of the five gulf state to begin with. So if your brilliant assumptions come to life, he loses Florida which is a swing state. Wow. That means if everything else remained the same it still wouldn't affect his re-election as he would need to lose a lot more than 27 electoral votes.

But nice try... really, NICE TRY. I know you want to fling feces on everyone you hate, but you keep letting it fall out of your hands and into your mouth every time you wind up for a big swing. One of these days, I swear, you may hit something besides yourself. Don't give up now!!!

I highly doubt that.

I have my own ways for celebrating Memorial Day Weekend. My partner and I invited a bunch of our friends for a very suave brunch with all of the trimmings, including Ruby Tangerine Mimosas and homemade Cranberry Almond Bread with homemade Rum flavored frosting. At the end of the get together, we finished it off with a shot of Royal Opporto... a 40 year old vintage port that is exclusive to the country of Portugal. Believe me when I say that we know how to have a good time when needed.

But let me know how your wiener roast at Crystal Lake turns out, OK? :wink:

#20 B_VinylBoy, May 31, 2010
    Last edited: May 31, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted