What did you buy for 2009 Christmas gifts?

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Youngest son is getting a Suit (he thinks we are going to a regular clothing store but I am having one made for me (also help for a better 'fit' and socks), middle son is getting a new windshield (he has a crack in it, getting larger) and gift card from Best Buy (and socks), 'oldest' son is getting a decent recliner (with a grandson he needs a chair for the '2' of them and socks (family joke)). Daughter in law is getting clothes (she needs some non 'mom-time' clothes, grandson is getting whatever he wants (and his folks approve). Coworkers did a name drawing, a fellow prof has beautiful hair she keeps 'tucked' so found some beautiful hair clips (turquoise). Dog is getting a bag of rawhides.
Pop is getting slippers with no-slip soles.

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For my daughter I've bought - an Ipod touch, The Vicar of Dibley Ultimate 6dvd collection, Meet The Parents & Meet The Fockers, U-Sing wii game with microphone and some perfume. For my Dad I've bought a Top Gear 3 dvd box set and a Michael MacIntyre live dvd. For my Step mother I've bought a Dancing On Ice dvd. I still have some other gifts to buy for friends.

By the way... you may have noticed I'm favouring dvds this year. Well, to all my UK friends here... check out the HMV website, there are mega offers on dvd boxsets. I love a bargain!!!

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
Bought my 10 year old cousin something from DC Skate clothing. There are a bunch of cute tshirts I wanted to get her, but her dad would kill me.

I bought 65 dollars worth of Swiss Chocolate -- yes. The store gives their sample and bought packages of that stuff for Dad, mom, aunts, etc.

Some soccer moms have knife skills when it comes to the "Precious Moments" of the Hallmark store. Settle down down, Ms. Just looking for wrapping paper.

I do enjoy this time of year, when you leave a store and some car is following you as you walk to your car, so they can claim your parking spot. :rolleyes:

D

deleted3782

I bought the Bigs 2 wii for a young family member, that's all.

Down with capitalist Christmases!!!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
meself and the circle of like minded idjits are giving each other time (can be redeemed for anything from baby sitting, volunteering for their charity, chores or being hauled to horrible shows) and homemade gifts. :redface:

does buying yarn count? cuz the homemade stuff? tons of yarn.

i since i am light on the coming out of pocket end of Xmas this year i grabbed a few names of the gift tree. so a portable CD/MP3 player for one of the older girls. a small camera for one of the boys. toys for the younger kids. then random stocking stuffering stuff from their lists.

donations are so down this year. by now the tree is ususally running low on names, this year it's almost untouched :frown:
totally selfish, buying all that stuff made me really happy. :biggrin:

this donations: formula, diapers, socks, underwear, soap, shampoo, deodorant, tooth brushes and toothpaste. shopping chain stores is the evil, but.... you get really good deals and shelters all ways need. so the walmart guy thinks i am mad OCD. cuz i have a box with like 50 toothbrushes in my trunk. *is not all from me, the above mentioned idjits chipped in.)

ml
a lil bit in the holiday spirit this year.

Last edited:

Artzyguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mother - Cushion cut amethyst & diamond ring from Tiffany's, Father - Hermes tie/cologne, Brother - Tiffany cufflinks, Grandparents, Aunts & and; Uncles - Artwork, Friends - Gift cards to Neiman's/Sak's, Myself - 4 Loro Piana cashmere sweaters & My dog - Ralph Lauren crocodile dog collar

Last edited:

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
GIFTS BOUGHT:

for dad: garmin GPS. (Costco - $129.99 after $40 OFF Garmin nüvi® 265T 3.5" Touchscreen GPS)

for mom: red trench coat. (New York & Company - Outerwear - Wool Blend Trench)

for my niece: two pairs of jeans and a striped sweater from osh kosh.

for my family's annual white elephant gift exchange: a 12-set set of coffee cups.

for my S.O.'s mom: matching velour sweater and bottoms (New York & Company - ComfortZone - ComfortZone Velour Zip Hoodie Jacket)

various small children in my family: clothes from osh kosh.

GIFTS TO BUY:

for my S.O.'s dad: pajama set

for my S.O.'s brother: "where the wild things are" book (Where the Wild Things Are - Maurice Sendak - Paperback (ISBN 9780064431781) - Buy Books, Music and Movies at Borders)

for my aunt: makeup set (Victoria's Secret - Cabaret Bouquet)

for my uncle: possibly a 24 pack of beer. he's easy to please lol.

and, for my S.O.: i haven't decided yet :tongue:

Last edited:

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was going to have hubby buy a chocolate orange but.. I already had enough JUNK food in the hotel. They also had these Toffee things .. So will that be the same thing?