What did you call them?

Irish

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Johns Island (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gold ole Mom and Dad.

The grandparents were a little different...

Mother's Parents - Grandma and Pap-Pap
Father's Parents - Grandma and Pop-Pop
Stepfather's Parents - Gammy and Pa-Pa
Stepmother's Parents - Beanie and Ro-Ro

I have no idea why all of my grandfather's had repeated sounds for names.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm Hispanic, I call may mother, Mima, pronounced mee-mah (most say Mami) and my father Papi, pronounced poppy.

Sometimes I call them by the nicknames that my Neice made up when she first started talking and could not pronounce Abuelo/Abuela. (Grandfather/Grandmother)

I did call my mother "Mother" for a while because I thought it was funny and pretentious.

"Mother" Reminds me of what Norman Bated calls his mommy. It seems very formal and withdrawn, like something a rich kid who is sent away to boarding school would call his mom.

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i like the sound of mima,my nephew and neice call my mom "mima"
i just called them mom and dad.
:smile:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Gold ole Mom and Dad.

The grandparents were a little different...

Mother's Parents - Grandma and Pap-Pap
Father's Parents - Grandma and Pop-Pop
Stepfather's Parents - Gammy and Pa-Pa
Stepmother's Parents - Beanie and Ro-Ro

I have no idea why all of my grandfather's had repeated sounds for names.

Because that is how babies talk when they first learn to speak. Mama, Dada, baba (bottle)

My favorite was when my niece called Barney "Nini". (neenee)

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I was small mummy and daddy, when I got to 8 or so mum and dad. My kids were the same, mummy and daddy when they were little then mum and dad, but even to this day (they're in their 20's) if they call me mummy I know a request for a loan is coming up :)

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What do you call your friends parents?

What do your parents call each other?

In my culture it is normal to address adults by their first names.

My brother-in-law still calls my parents Mr. and Mrs. ____.

Aunts and Uncles are called Tia and Tio without a name after it.

My parents call each other by their names, but sometimes my father will say Mom, when referring to my mother.

My mother used to call my father Dad, but now she calls him "your father".
This was because when she was mad at him she called him "your father", when not mad she called him dad. One time I asked her why she was mad at him...after I told her how I knew that she was mad, she always called him "your father" after that.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mum and Dad.
It makes me smile when my mother refers to my dad by his first name, she still corrects herself. "Well I was saying to John, I mean Dad, the other day..."

Like I don't know who she's referring to!
hahaha that is cute. :smile:

I'm just plain jane, I call(ed) them Mom and Dad. Even now I don't think I could call them by their first names. To me it would seem strange.
Agreed.

Mr or Mrs Last name. It's how I was reared and a matter of respect.

What do your parents call each other?They call each other by their first names of course.:rolleyes: When being playful my mom still calls him Big Daddy. Dad sometimes calls her 'The Littlest Montgomery.' When younger I thought this meant that my mom was the youngest of the 6 kids in her family. I eventually learned that this was more a knock at her two sisters who are rather zaftig. Okay they're fat, I said it. :redface:

mother's mother - Mom-mom
mother's father - Died 15 years before I was born
father's mother - Nana and I was the only one of 6 grand-children to call her that.
father's father - Pop-pop

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sometimes I call my mother Mommy Dearest

I call her that sometimes when she gets on my nerves. And other times she's deary, honey, or young lady. But usually she's just Ma.

When I was small mummy

My mother used to say "I'm not a mummy."

They've always called my parents by their first name, even when we were children. We never did the Mr and Mrs. And I would call my friends parents by their first names.

What do your parents call each other?

They call each other by their first names, Ma and Dad, hon, etc. My parents always called their in laws Ma and Dad, as if they were their own parents. And we called our grandparents, Grandma and Gramps.

I still call my aunts and uncles, Aunt __ and Uncle __, but I know some people don't do that once they're adults. One time I said something about my Aunt__ and my co-worker said "You still call her Aunt___?" She said that once she turned 18 or so she started calling her aunts and uncles by their names only.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I still call my aunts and uncles, Aunt __ and Uncle __, but I know some people don't do that once they're adults. One time I said something about my Aunt__ and my co-worker said "You still call her Aunt___?" She said that once she turned 18 or so she started calling her aunts and uncles by their names only.

My 10 year old nephew has been calling me by my first name but I don't really like it. They did call me a name which was cute when they were little, but now they think it's childish.

I once told them to call me Unkie Herb (Homer's brother on the Simpsons)

So sometimes he calls me Unkie ______.

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I too lost my real dad when I was very young... raised basically by my grand parents...I called them as such...grandma & grandpa...
my mother= mama....my step-father allowed me to call him pops only.. but never dad or daddy like my 2 step-brothers could call him.
When I first went to live with them I called in Sergt. till he said I could call him pops.
I called him dad one time and he looked around at me and said...I aint yo daddy boy..he looked like he wanted to hit me for calling him dad too...pops or sergt. was cool with him though...he didn't get mad.
I never felt that connected to him as a daddy anyways.
However, his brothers allowed & didn't mind me calling them uncle so-in-so...(by their name)
Now my kids calls or refers to him as grandpa_______( by his last name)

headbang8

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I definitely address my mother, as Mother. Anything else would be too affectionate, and hence childish.

This sounds difficult to believe, but I honestly don't remember what we called my father. It never really came up. He insisted that we only speak when spoken to. I seem to recall "dad" from time to time.

When talking about them in the third person, my sibings and I use their Christian names.

Yes, I know. It's pretty fucked up.