What Did You Find Out More Than 30 Years Later?

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
That FAR more people than I ever imagined and bi and gay. FAR MORE.

Your comment reminds me of a comment made by the daughter of Grace Metalious, the author of Peyton Place, a book that launched the soap opera genre.

Fifty years after the appearance of the book, Grace's daughter was interviewed about the impact of the book on America. She had accompanied Grace on book tours in all 50 states. One recurring comment that was made to Grace by very satisfied readers was this, "You wrote about my town. Change the names and the scenery.... and you could have set your novel right here.".

To your point, "gay" and "bi" weren't invented with Stonewall; however, that event began to bring it all out of the shadows and dark corners.

As people age, they care less about the opinions of others, and, more about living their lives.

Abe Froman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My high school physics teacher said something like 'do you want to know what your girlfriend will look like 20, 30 years later? look at her parents'.

Just recalling my reunion, so true. Some dorky birds, that are very attractive for their age, had those features built in. The white trash that wore heels and stretch pants and the best hair...didnt fare so well.

I thank my dad for great genes. I was average in high school and undergrad, and am now told upper percentile years later. Too shy to ask a girl to dance, now it is like shooting fish in a barrel with online dating.

I now have compassion for girls of yore whom wronged me.

Abe Froman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorry can't edit on mobile. even. My initial premise to post:

Having compassion for every one.

Afyer 30 years of sociopathic 'getting even'...I spend my energy more positively.

My high school physics teacher said something like 'do you want to know what your girlfriend will look like 20, 30 years later? look at her parents'.

Just recalling my reunion, so true. Some dorky birds, that are very attractive for their age, had those features built in. The white trash that wore heels and stretch pants and the best hair...didnt fare so well.

I thank my dad for great genes. I was average in high school and undergrad, and am now told upper percentile years later. Too shy to ask a girl to dance, now it is like shooting fish in a barrel with online dating.

I now have compassion for girls of yore whom wronged me.

Reactions: Gj816

tps87

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I agree with earlier posts - far more people are into male with male sex than I would have imagined 30 years ago.

Some things I've learned - having friends is important, make time for them - it is easy to let an intimate partner take all your energy causing those friendships to be neglected and lost. Having space and time to your self is important. Don't follow the news so much as it can make you anxious when in my own direct world things are fine. I sometimes wish I could go back 30 years and do a few things differently - but recently I was advised that you can't second guess your past decisions because when you made them you were working with the info you had at the time - not new info you may have learned later.

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Don't believe in a religion that condemns you; and don't try to bury yourself in booze and drugs.
The sooner you get comfortable with yourself, the more fun you will have.

Well said! We will only live once.

Adding to your recommendation, I will not associate with poisoned or detrimental personalities, regardless of who they may be.

I love myself too much to endure their crap.

MrTMT

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree with earlier posts - far more people are into male with male sex than I would have imagined 30 years ago.

Some things I've learned - having friends is important, make time for them - it is easy to let an intimate partner take all your energy causing those friendships to be neglected and lost. Having space and time to your self is important. Don't follow the news so much as it can make you anxious when in my own direct world things are fine. I sometimes wish I could go back 30 years and do a few things differently - but recently I was advised that you can't second guess your past decisions because when you made them you were working with the info you had at the time - not new info you may have learned later.
I really like your thoughts on this, it seemed like you've gained wisdom through life. Most of what you've mentioned I can't disagree more.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I may have fathered a child with a married woman when I was in college. Her husband has passed. An ancestry test proved the child isn't related to dad. Surprise! Said child is now over 35 and curious to meet bio-dad. Mom is almost certain it's me but I'm not the only candidate. I haven't decided whether to participate in that discovery. I'm inclined against.

Reactions: Gj816 and NCbear

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I may have fathered a child with a married woman when I was in college. Her husband has passed. An ancestry test proved the child isn't related to dad. Surprise! Said child is now over 35 and curious to meet bio-dad. Mom is almost certain it's me but I'm not the only candidate. I haven't decided whether to participate in that discovery. I'm inclined against.

That's a tough one. I think that the curiosity would get to me and I'd want to know. Good luck with your decision.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My last long term lover was double timing from day one for all of eleven years,
Known it turns out as Blow Job Pete, he'd suck any commuter cock, actually any cock, do anything to get screwed before returning home in a bad mood and making me feel guilty.
Infamous on the commuter trail

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My last long term lover was double timing from day one for all of eleven years,
Known it turns out as Blow Job Pete, he'd suck any commuter cock, actually any cock, do anything to get screwed before returning home in a bad mood and making me feel guilty.
Infamous on the commuter trail

Oh dear, not good!

Reactions: loloster

tps87

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

If it were me I would want to find out - but you may have other considerations. Wife, kids or others of importance who may not accept it. If you can get the buy in anyone close to you who you are concerned about I would go for it.

Related story - a guy I grew up with and was good friends with thru high school found out in his mid 40's that his father was in a similar situation having a child he didn't know of until recent times. His newly discovered older brother was welcomed with open arms into the family.