what did you name your pets?

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
oops, almost forgot....my cat presently is a huge Maine Coon and his name is....

Katt.

yes, i know....how original. big teddy bear that he is. if he stands on his hind legs, his front paws reach to just below my pecs.

and i'm almost 74 inches tall! he's a big boy!

any other Maine Coon owners out there??? love to hear from you if so.

i think they are so beautiful. wish i had one.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Interesting how many people have had cats named Blackie! My Blackie was back in the 1980s.

I also have a Midnight. (My current cat).

I used to have a second cat named Founder (because I "found her" :biggrin1:), but she's now living with friends. She was disturbing my sleep during a time when I was having a lot of trouble sleeping and waking up, and now I live in an apartment that only allows one pet anyway.

I grew up with both cats and dogs, and for a short time, a hamster, and a pony.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
hampster-monterey jack
dog-yogi
parakete-kujee
these are all previous pets I had when i was a kid

my current dogs name is max, he's a golden retriever and he is the shiznitz

...and jesus christ, some of you have had way too many pets. Have you guys ever tried to keep them alive?(they need food and water in order for this to work)

Last edited:

StormyB

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
2 parakeets: Lemon Lime( Green and yellow) and Snowflake (Blue and white) She gave me kisses on the cheek and was known for her posing infront of cameras! *they had baby parrots which I named Tweety (Yellow) and Jessica (she was all different colors :smile:) their brother sadly died at birth, he wouldn't eat or anything very strange...*

1 cockatiel: Lulu *my baby, followed me everywhere* she said Lulu is a pretty bird in the mirror and danced, sung, and was starting to sing "O'l Mcdonald had a farm, she was so cute :frown1:

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Three Dalmatians the first who are now deceased were white with black spots
Heilohs Upper Echelon / Monster a male and his sister from the same litter
Heilohs Soul Sister / Irene both of whom I showed in the conformation ring.
The fat lil' lump I have today was a rescue from the MSPCA and the Dal rescue society is, M & M is white with liver spots.
Here is "emmy" with Mr. Ed. and with me.

Attachments

Last edited:

StormyB

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The first pet in my house was Becky, a big black girl whose father was a lab and mother was a dane. She was by far the best dog I ever met. She died when she was 9 and I was 11. She let us kids climb all over her, was wary of strangers but rarely uttered a sound. I think she knew her size and presence was enough to make anyone aware that she was on-guard of her family. She had a deep "woof" that sounded like her great dane mother.

The next dog was Honey, a knee-high honey-colored "shepherd mix" whose body looked like a large basenji. She died when she was about 11, having to be put to sleep when a leg injury refused to heal and became seriously infected. She was very expressive, wary of strangers but loved all other animals. We got her from North Shore Animal League.

Katie we got about a year or two after we got Honey. She was also knee-high and had more of a shepherd's coloration, but almost hound-like ears. Sweet dog, she tolerated Honey because Honey was there first, but hated all other dogs. She loved all people, though. We got her from our cop neighbor who found her as a stray puppy in the Bronx. She developed cancer and had to be put to sleep when she was about 12, a few years after Honey passed away.

Those were the family pets. The ones that were my own were:

Tiffany and Scorpio, black and white Abysinian guinea pigs. No, I wasn't a fan of General Hospital. Tiffany had the cutest, fluffiest white face, and that's what I pictured when I thought of her name. Scorpio was named because that was his zodiac sign. I got them when I was in the sixth grade. Tiffany died a day after giving birth to Fluffy Surprise (Fluffy for short....Surprise because I didn't even know Tiffany was pregnant). Scorpio passed away about five years later, shortly after Fluffy died after giving birth herself.

Rusty and Smokey were long-haired hamsters named after their colors. As they were caged together at first, Rusty soon gave birth to a huge litter of 13 babies. I kept Sylvia (she was smokey-gray like her father, but had a golden face like her mother...only she and one brother were colored like that), gave Cameo (dark-eyed cream female) and Anthony (golden male) to my cousins, and brought the rest of this and the following two litters to the pet store for credit on supplies. Later, Cameo and Anthony came back to live with me, and this time all were caged separately and lived out their days (about 2-3 years). The hamsters and guinea pigs were all buried in my backyard with "headstones" of wood that I burned letters into spelling their names.

Popeye was my blue-fronted amazon parrot. He was one of the last hand-fed wild-caught birds before the import ban. I got him when I was 14. Popeye was the first pet I had that I felt I had a relationship with. He was awesome -- uber-friendly with me and my mother, tolerant enough to let anyone else hold him, talked and sang, called me by name...but unfortunately, when he was 5 years old, he developed strange tremors that led to finding out he had some kind of heart infection, which gradually ate away at his body. I lost him just about a week before Christmas 1994. His ashes are next to my desk in my room, and I still (14 years after he died) get misty when I talk about him.

After Popeye, the thought of another bird was too much to bear, so I got an adorable chocolate ferret I named Sebastian (I always loved this name -- reminded me of a rascally little boy). Feeling that he needed a buddy, I got Cabot, a big black ferret. The two of them together recalled the name of a famous clown. They lived in a huge 4'L X 3'H X 2'D cage I made, with three carpeted floors, two litterboxes (they wouldn't share) and a giant hammock that both slept in. They would get the run of my bedroom whenever I was there with them, and sometimes downstairs. They got to play with Honey and Katie, but Honey was the one who was really in love with them. I had them for about three years until my allergies were just too unbearable to keep them in my room, and there was no place else in the house to fit their cage. I gave them, and the cage, to a friend from school who had one ferret of her own already.

I really missed having an amazon, so a year after being without the ferrets, I fell in love with a double-yellow-head I saw in a pet store. He already had a name, because he was between 18 and 24 months old (so said the pet store owner), and that name was Sammy. I later found out, by having his leg band ID traced, that he was 7 years old at the time, but I didn't care. He's been my buddy and companion ever since, and that was 10 1/2 years ago. In March, Sammy will be 18, old enough to vote! He is beautiful, totally bonded to me, calls me by name, lives in a big cage meant for a macaw, and will hopefully stick around long enough to see me get my first Social Security check (I'm 32 now). He's already been with me through six different addresses, six roommates, four boyfriends, five jobs, and countless moods. I can't imagine life without him. See some of his pics below.
:)

awwwwwwwwww, that's an adorable birdy there, I loove birds SPECIALLY parrots and falcons :smile:
(I bet he gets you lots of dates? ;})

Mandee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I currently don't have any pets, but over the years I've had several pet dogs and cats. My favorites were
Friskie (Blue Heeler - female)
Sophie (German Sheppard - female)
Callie (Calico cat - female)
Ricky (Belgian Malinois - male)

My dad was a police officer and Ricky was his trained K-9. When my dad resigned from the police force he was able to keep Ricky because they train the dog to only obey one person, so it wouldn't have done the city or county any good to keep him. My dad still has Ricky. =) He's such a sweet dog... so well behaved and so loving! I miss him. I hope that when I go back to Oklahoma he'll still be alive. He's getting kind of old now.

I don't currently have any pets of my own, but I'd like to someday own a Yorkie. I think they are just the cutest little dogs!! =)

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Update for you.... Princess# 3 had six puppies last week 5 males and 1 female.... Patches#2 had 4 kittens 3 died only one left which as right now i have hand raised it and it is 5 weeks old and a male it's name is Gibbers

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've had too many pets to name all of them over the years (I grew up on a farm) so I'll recount some of my more memorable pets.

My first pet ever:
Bon Bon the Bun Bun
A rabbit (one of the extra large long-eared varieties but not sure which....I was only 4)

Cats:

Midnight
Lil Mama
Bobcat
Lynx
Frost
Dawson
Cali-what an original name for a Calico (I inherited her)
and

Moseley the baby I have now....a Seal-Point Siamese with a neurological problem of unknown origins that causes seizures.....when I adopted him his name was Pancake. Since he was so old I decided to go with something that would be easy for him to adjust to so I changed his name to Moseley and call him MoMo for short.

Turtles:
Tortuga
Galapagos
Shelley C. Turtle

Dogs:

Nutmeg
Choco
Sugarbabe (We used to call those three "The Spice Dogs")
Sandy
William Parker Pudgkins III (just called him Parker most of the time)

And finally believe it or not I currently have a pet cow.....a Polled Hereford named YaYa

Guinea Pigs:
Guinness
Omega

Cats:
Tilly
Crookshanks
Sully
Paddy

Mouse:
Ron

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i just found out today that one of the puppies that princess had is deaf. it makes him more special to me and i named him rusty he is a brown color. so the three black pups names are ace, snoop[, snoopy the two tan ones are spike and haven't came up with a name for the only female she had yet. work in progress.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When I was young (very young) I had a cat I named Petunia. (Don't ask me why!)
I got another after this one either disappeared or got killed and named him/her Petunia Jr.

Much later on I got my first poodle and named it Lord Buffington Of Terrace (Terrace for the Birmingham apartment building) but called him "Buffy." Wanting a female to breed, we got one whose registered name was "Poppi III" but they called her "Fifi" so that name stuck.

Adopting a stray, he loved to steal shoes and what-not from neighbors yards so his name became "Rambo" for rambunctious. Next stray was a female that one of the neighborhood kids started calling her "Missie" so it stuck.

Right now I am petless. It's too hard to say goodbye when their time comes. I still think of the good times.

D_Alldwin_Applesack

Account Disabled
Media
I had turtles ... 3. Satan(he was the alphamale who tries to runaway). Sally(his gf/helper) and a baby one named LION. Lion is still alive and has grown 3 times his size :) actually. LION might be a girl. I will never know hahaha

GypsyEyes

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We've had pets since before I could walk most of those I don't remember but we moved alot (military brat) so many were given to friends and neighbors because they couldn't go with us.
So we'll start where I remember:
Caesar (rottweiler)
Cinnamon(stray cat that followed me home)
Spike and Pepsi ( lab)
Anton Chekov - AC- ( chow)
Princess Jasmine (Chihuahua) we had her for almost 15 years
Lord Raiden (cat)

The Vampire Chronicles
Gabrielle (supposedly a jack russell but looked alot like a german shepherd and she was psycho. Santa brought her for my daughter and we kept her for a month before I realized it wasn't going to work.
Louis(fox terrier)The most awesome little man ever
Lestat(part chihuahua part mean little fucker) My mom's friend a trucker found him on the highway and brought him to me I found him another home after he escaped from his crate and pulled some valentine chocolates off the shelf out of the bag and ate them... then he puked all over the floor.

Sydney(cat) The sweetest most affectionate and vain kitty evar. I just gave her to someone who needed her snuggles and pention for cuddling... a soldier who is far away from home.