What do Medical Professionals Think?

D_Carroll Condomripper

Experimental Member
Media
I recently went to the doctor and had to have a physical. The doctor obviously got a good look at my dick during the hernia check.

I was just wondering for you medical people, what runs thru your mind when you see a guy's thing? Like, "Wow thats big", "He lucky", "Poor guy"...etc. I know you aren't aloud to comment on it or atleast I dont think so but I always wondered.....do you ever feel inadequate? or jealous? or feel an erection coming on?

How about when guys (like me :( ...) pop an erection in front of you?

Greekdick69

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I once asked this to a couple of nurses...they told me between nurses and doctors they do comment, but only if it's something worth writing home about...like too small, thick, long, thin, erect for too long, huge curve,veiny or something extremely particular...many of the nurses would come in and pretend they are checking something too and se if first hand.....if you've never had the opportunity, go out drinking with nurses, they have the coolest conversations LMAO

FYI (verbatim)
-A 9 incher is not that particular....an 11 inch is.
-A thick one is not particular, if it looks like a chubby baby's arm, then it is!
-An erection isn't, a guy erect for couple of hours is....(they medically have to get it down, (no, what you are thinking won't get it down), the guy has his blood trapped/blocked and could suffer permanent damage or something like that)
-Kind of bent is not particular...a "u turn" dick is

and so on....

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I recently went to the doctor and had to have a physical. The doctor obviously got a good look at my dick during the hernia check.
Well, getting a good look is what he's supposed to do...

I was just wondering for you medical people, what runs thru your mind when you see a guy's thing? Like, "Wow thats big", "He lucky", "Poor guy"...etc. I know you aren't aloud to comment on it or atleast I dont think so but I always wondered.....do you ever feel inadequate? or jealous? or feel an erection coming on?
Medical professionals who do direct patient exams are examining you for a reason. What's going through the doctor's mind when he's touching your cock?

"No discharge, no lumps, no bullae, no edema, no urticaria... looks healthy."

They have seen so many, and have so many other things on their minds, that they aren't usually fantasizing about you while doing the exam.

How about when guys (like me :( ...) pop an erection in front of you?
"Looks like the plumbing works, I guess I don't have to ask him if his erections are normal."

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
To add to DC's excellent comments, medical professionals have enough to deal with trying to keep us healthy and alive. The OP's comments almost seem to suggest that it might be fun to try to embarrass or compromise them. It would be better, I think, to let them do their jobs and be thankful there are medical professionals still willing to do those jobs.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was a nurse's aide (awful job!!!) for a short time, and didn't see anything unusual except for one man. He had something wrong with his scrotum (not sure what exactly), and that was huge, not sure about his penis size. But then, said guy was around my grandfather's age, so I wasn't really thinking in those terms!

I never said anything about the man or his anatomy at work, since I think that would be very unprofessional.

steven0995

Experimental Member
Media
My brother works at a pediatrician's office and he said that when patients hit a certain age, the female doc won't see them for anything that would involve examining that region, likewise with the male doc not seeing the female patients. Mostly because of safety and privacy for the patients. In fact, the male nurse is in the office specifically for those boys who have reached puberty. I guess it's all because of the lawsuit happy world we live in.

He did say, though, that he has seen boys starting puberty as young as 11-12 years old, and girls at 10-11.

I blame the perservatives and additives in our food.

S

SirConcis

I am sure a doctor will mentally notice "things" on the penis. Long or short foreksin, thick or thin foreskin, skin colour, and if circumcised, circumcision scar, and constrast between inner and outer skin. And obviously size.
Once they have seen many (aka: experience), they will quickly classify a penis in a "bland/normal" "special but normal" and "something wrong with it" categories. And obviosuly, they only care about the "something wrong with it".

If this is just a regular physical, then they will really only be looking for signs of infections, cancer etc. So unless you mention something about your penis, they won't delve into many of its details and just quickly notice and then dismiss them right away.

Think about you going to the gym. You'll notice plenty of penises in the locker room/showers, but for the vast majority of them, you won't have any remaining mental images of them afterwards. A couple of them may stand out and you may rememnber that such and such a face as a "different" penis, and the next time you see him, you may remember that he has a "different" penis before he even drops his underwear. But it doesn't mean that you fantasize about it or think much about it later on.

I reckon doctors would be the same.

SpitFireWheels

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Just once I'd love to put a puppet in my pants so when I pull down my underwear at a physical it would pop out and scare them

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's hard to believe coming from such a cockhound like me, but.....I'm a registered nurse and in my work in hospitals i've had the opportunity to see many guys naked, hard.....I've catheterized more penises than I can count...and 1 thing......when I'm at work, I'm at work and my concentration is on the physical and emotional well being of the patient.......my prurient interests are not even in the equation!

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's hard to believe coming from such a cockhound like me, but.....I'm a registered nurse and in my work in hospitals i've had the opportunity to see many guys naked, hard.....I've catheterized more penises than I can count...and 1 thing......when I'm at work, I'm at work and my concentration is on the physical and emotional well being of the patient.......my prurient interests are not even in the equation!

Precisely!

Any lack of professionalism in the medical field is inexcusably inappropriate and potentially dangerous.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
However, I dated a nurse about 12 years ago (he was in charge of preventing spreading diseases within the hospital--I don't remember his title), and he said that some guy was brought into the hospital one night, knocked out cold, and he was laid out on a bed or stretcher in a room by himself. The unconscious guy had a huge limp cock, as big or bigger than any of them had ever seen, and staff members took turns going in and looking at it.....

scottbud

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My brother works at a pediatrician's office and he said that when patients hit a certain age, the female doc won't see them for anything that would involve examining that region, likewise with the male doc not seeing the female patients. Mostly because of safety and privacy for the patients. In fact, the male nurse is in the office specifically for those boys who have reached puberty. I guess it's all because of the lawsuit happy world we live in.

He did say, though, that he has seen boys starting puberty as young as 11-12 years old, and girls at 10-11.

I blame the perservatives and additives in our food.

You say that like 11-12 is young for puberty most of the guys in my school where finished by that age or at least had a full pad of pubic hair.

scottbud

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
However, I dated a nurse about 12 years ago (he was in charge of preventing spreading diseases within the hospital--I don't remember his title), and he said that some guy was brought into the hospital one night, knocked out cold, and he was laid out on a bed or stretcher in a room by himself. The unconscious guy had a huge limp cock, as big or bigger than any of them had ever seen, and staff members took turns going in and looking at it.....

If I worked there I would have too!
and I would have left my number in with his belongings.

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
When I was 14, I went in for a physical exam. At one point, I had to remove my underwear. As soon as the female nurse got a look at my cock, she got this momentary surprise/delight look on her face, stared for a few seconds, and then went about her duties. During her duties, she had to check for hernias, but also held my cock gently within her palm. By then, my soft cock was already larger than some grown men's so I guess she was surprised to see a young teen with a largish organ.

D_Carroll Condomripper

Experimental Member
Media
When i was younger in middle school the school nurse let me hold up a towel. She reached up from under the towel with no visual whatsoever.

I was probably 13-14 at the time. Instead of finding my balls she found my dick first....it was alittle awkward but only lasted a split second.

DadsAreUs

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I just went to the doctor and, even though I know the exam is entirely technical, I can't help but wonder all the same things you mentioned. There is just something odd about sitting on a table naked and having some guy examine your cock.

B_retracted

Experimental Member
Media
Three of my family members are nurses and, as someone else said above, they become immune to the sight of a cock be it small or larger or soft or hard.