What do Medical Professionals Think?

Cloud_Strife

Sexy Member
Media
A nice response by Freddie53. The maintaining of rapport between patient and medical professional is always very important. This is particularly so when it comes to intimate examinations, where the majority of patients can be quite sensitive (especially when it comes to adolescents). What DC mentioned in one of the earlier posts also outlines the whole purpose of the examination quite well.

Parents/guardians are usually present for adolescents under the age of 16, as per the Gillick competency test. It is also common medical practice to have a chaperone present in situations such as the one discussed in this thread, especially where the patient's parent/guardian may not be present. In the case where parents do attend in the examination room, it is not unusual for physicians to place a screen between the patient and any others in the room to maintain their privacy.

I am currently undergoing medical training in Australia. Of the doctor surgeries/procedures/examinations/etc I have attended, physicians usually have a quick discussion with the adolescent patient and with any accompanying adult family members who may be present, as to whether the patient is comfortable with their parent/guardian attending if examinations are required. Usually a nurse will attend if the patient wishes family not to be present. Most of the adolescents I have been present with seem to appear quite comfortable with the fact that it is a medical practitioner who is conducting the examination. Embarassment is a normal response, but the patients seem quite understanding.

As an example, I was once attending a consultation where a 15 year old adolescent boy came to my mentor's surgery with his mother. He had a skin lesion. My mentor quite professionally and tactfully approached both and asked what arrangements they wanted for the examination. The patient requested the parent to be present, but with a screen in place. Permission was also requested for a nurse to attend by the doctor, which was granted. The nurse served only as an observer.

Unfortunately, litigation seems to be much more widespread in medical practice nowadays, in comparison to years previously. The legal side of medical practice is now highly stressed in medical schools in Australia (and no doubt, globally also). Medical indemnity and medical defence organisations stress the importance of chaperone use, as a witness in the events that allegations do arise, if not for physical and emotional assistance to the doctor and patient as well! Given the size and number of patients attending certain surgeries, sometimes chaperones are not present. This is often when situations can get sticky if accusations are made.

I'm looking to exchange true events that happened in a health care facility.
In short, I have found all my mentors highly professional. There has been no 'event', as such - all the examinations and other procedures are conducted to make the patient as comfortable as possible.

Cheers.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, that was kind of my point all along. I think the OP is wanting stories of anything sexual that has gone on during medical exams or procedures. Most of us are presenting the actuality of what goes on, but that isn't very titillating, so he's asking for more.

The truth is, those things may go on, but they are exceptionally rare.

mcsizzlesizzle, most likely what you are looking for is going to be in "Fictitious Stories." It's a nice fantasy, but it is not reality. If there aren't any currently there, you could suggest it in that subforum; we have quite a few talented erotic fiction authors here, and I'm sure one or two would oblige you.

D_Carroll Condomripper

Experimental Member
Media
I was just wondering if anyone had any weird true stories to tell, I've only had a few physicals, and it leaves you totally exposed...which alienates you a bit. Just wanted to see others' reactions to being in that position, and what went on. I'm not "fishing" for some concocted romance in the off-call room. If I was, I would have asked for a story, don't attack me cause I'm curious.