What do men want from women?

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If you could not gather the answer from the statement on it's own then I recommend you retake that logic course because either you didn't pay attention, or it was too easy and was based on boolean logic.
One thing I learned from Logic class: you can't have it both ways. I gave you an answer and you said I couldn't deduce that from your statement. So which is it? You can't accuse me of a false dichotomy when i'm asking if what you're thinking is either black or white or more of a grey area. First you say I can't draw a definitive conclusion from your statement then you say I should have. Which is it?

Your argument is inconsistent and neither sound nor complete. No logic exists. But thanks for playing

Well, at least your pretty; being air-headed isn't so bad.
Don't feel bad. Not everyone is good at logic. Take a cooking course. Most recipes aren't complicated to follow and you can usually get laid if the meal is good.

qazxdr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
men want what they want, and after they wait 20 years or 80 years, they may finally find a woman that wants basically the same things. But it isn't easy to find that person...It is hard as hell. One has to be willing to try all kinds of things sane and CRAZY. Boredom is a killer. Boring is a killer, dishonesty is a killer. Above all no Damn games....They are the worst killers. Total Intimacy is the ulitmate goal. If you can get to that point, everything is sooooooo easy, sweet, honest, and so nice to get up every morning. Sometimes she will prepare breakfast for you in bed....but dont' be outdone. You do the same. Respect, intimacy, spontaniety, adventure are some of the things that make life worth fighting for, and a woman or man fighting for. Sorry didin;t mean to be too wordy..

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
[/color]
First off I'd love a woman who could build an argument that made sense. Nothing like sensible people rather than those who appeal to emotion and stumble around like idiots pointing fingers and asking the wrong questions. It's not a problem. You can't help it.

And yet women are outpacing men faster each year educationally and in business.

I guess, what I really want in a woman, is a man? Someone I can relate to; someone who doesn't seem to double-back on themselves or can't seem to comprehend their own mistakes and is always coddled by society. Someone who is both dominant and understanding; capable of balance and beauty rather than just a wishy-washy wreck or some hard-ass.

Interestingly, if you asked many of the partners to the women here, they would say she is just what you described.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you could not gather the answer from the statement on it's own then I recommend you retake that logic course because either you didn't pay attention, or it was too easy and was based on boolean logic.
Why would I take a course in logic? :confused:As a woman I already know everything. :biggrin1:

Well, at least your pretty; being air-headed isn't so bad.
If only we could say the same for you, Symphonic.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What answers do you men want from women?

Some women say they are size queens.....you get mad.

Some women say they are not size queens.......you quote science to say we are wrong.

Some just don't like us at all and strike at our sexuality, like reverse discrimination.

Some women have big breast....you only want a handful.

Some women have small breast.....but you want to know why her hips are big.

Some women try to give answers.....and you still do not believe.

Some women are strong.....you want them a little more submissive.

Some women are a little more submissive.....you want them to be a little more stronger.

Women say we need more communication.....men say we don't then wonder why we get mad at the silence.

If there is one thing I have learned from this website is that men are just as insecure as women. AND I SAY THIS AS A POSITIVE because women are always led to believe we are the most irrational thinking of the sexes.

Guys I really would like to know what are you looking for? Cause you are driving your sisters sometime to the brink of insanity.

Behind every good woman is a good man, behind every crazy woman is man that drove her there. - CREOLE QUEEN 2008

Let me go back and consult my book "Men are from Mars and Women from Venus".:cool:
I dont ask anything of the women on here. I simply accept them for who they are. There are some great women on here. I have such a love and respect for them. I dont think this place would be the same without them. To take the time to get to know the woman as a person is really amazing. I feel proud to be close with many of them.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
What men are looking for from women...

Both easy and hard to answer...
I can't really speak for that subset of men who simply want to nail as much pussy as they can before they die....

But I can tell you what a man who wants one good woman wants...

Aside from a woman who a given man finds physically appealing... A good hips to waist ratio...... dark hair and eyes ... personality....

Aside from those things we are attracted to physically... and which we really have little say in...

its simple...

Men want women to want us the way we want them.

Men want a woman to respond to our touch welcomingly, eagerly.

We want you to find us admirable and desirable.

If we are a good man... then we want to see in your eyes that you see that in us.

Gals... if you are letting your man feel like you are doing him a favor by having sex with him... if you are always telling him how he is wrong about every little thing.... if you always find insult or some other breach in the way he expresses himself.... treat him like you feel he is a doofus.., idiot, incapable...

Well, then you are gonna wake up one day to find him gone.

Not necessarily to the arms of a "younger" woman... cause its seldom about the other woman's age....That is something older women tell themselves to absolve themselves of any responsibility for a failed relationship...

To tell you the truth, the other woman's age probably will have more to do with being young enough, un-jaded enough, to be able to treat a man like she thinks the world of him.
Women lose men when they lose respect for them.

You gals really have no idea the effect you have on us. I have never met a woman yet who can understand the next sentence; but every man who reads it will...

A woman can be so beautiful to look at that its painful.

We wish you felt that way about us.

( you feel that way about your children... but not us)

You want to keep a man?
then make an effort to keep a high regard for him, and to show him you feel that way.

Make him feel like his physical interest in you is not an annoyance, not disgusting, and your body not a "reward" for jumping thru some hoop...

And if you forgive him some transgression... then take it out of the little book you keep in your head... and let it go for real.

Long term Love is not accidental... every day you wake up, you have a decision to make... for both men and women...

Are you going to let the vagaries of life and human failings erode your regard for your mate...?
Are you going to allow yourself to believe something about him that lessens him in your eyes...?

Or are you going to choose to believe the best of him?
Choose to see him the same way you did when the flush of love was fevered?

We all have such romantic ideas about each other when love is new... and we react to the reality of each other's foibles as if our romantic ideal is betrayed.

Each little insult... each thoughtless act... nothing in themselves, build up over time to a resentment and casual disregard.... a callosness in the way we treat each other.

The hard work of love is to not care that each other isn't perfect... to shrug off the pain of an unintended slight...

To genuinely forgive that which hurts us..... and honestly seek redemption for injuries we have done.

If you are with a good man, or a good woman... then you must elect to see them, every day of your lives, with new eyes.

Death is long
life is short
We are doing the best we can, all of us.

We just have to live like we understand.

and Love like we don't remember.

seahorses

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I thought Chicken Fricassee was made with cream! :rolleyes:
Wow, hang on their my little flambé; you’re looking at an artist here! We’re not bound by rules or establishments! It’s not the canvas or the paint; it’s the expression you create your picture with. Open your mind and reach in; savour the flavour. Imagine chicken and onions mingling with the smokiness of fiery paprika, the hidden passion of bay, the feistiness of thyme and the boldness of cumin. Blend theses with a reduced stock of your own creation and the backbone of a well-rounded red wine. Savour the aroma as you sprinkle in dust of bitter chocolate (well cocoa actually, but..). Then imagine the amalgamation of all, infused through the heat of a sweltering oven. And all you want is cream! Gordon Bennett, you must be a pushover for a MacDonald’s. :biggrin1:

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What answers do you men want from women?

Some women say they are size queens.....you get mad.

Some women say they are not size queens.......you quote science to say we are wrong.

Some just don't like us at all and strike at our sexuality, like reverse discrimination.

Some women have big breast....you only want a handful.

Some women have small breast.....but you want to know why her hips are big.

Some women try to give answers.....and you still do not believe.
I don't mind if a woman says she is a size queen. But it's like wanting any trait. She has to have something to offer to get a larger guy or not care about some bad quality he has. Just like if a woman said she wanted a guy over 6'3". She would be severely restricting herself, so she better have something to offer. (This has been discussed in other threads that usually got nasty.) I would only hope that women are realistic in their size requirements for their own sake of finding happiness.

I like bigger breasts, but it's really about proportions. If she is very lean and has good muscle tone, then smaller breasts would be good. I like meatier women with larger breasts also, BUT then I am more concerned that she can maintain her body that way long-term.

I think every guy has a different answer on what they want. And some guys will just try to say what they think you want to hear. Also,
most people can't easily describe the things that matter most, like personality stuff, but it's easy to talk about physical stuff.
Guys I really would like to know what are you looking for? Cause you are driving your sisters sometime to the brink of insanity.
I want someone that is in as good a shape as me. I'm not exactly sure what that is. I want someone that has grace. I want Cinderella...someone that works hard and doesn't expect too much but deserves a lot. There are too many Cinderella's sisters.

I want someone that is stable. If she had a bad day, I don't want to be abused because of that. (You always hurt the ones you love?) And I don't mean I want her to hold back her feelings. I mean I want her to be grateful each day for what she does have.

I want intelligence. Someone that can change herself if shown a better way to do something. Someone that can communicate clearly.

I think men are afraid of commitment because they are afraid of the women changing. Show me that you will be the same sweet person 20 years from now that you are now. Too many people (men and women) just try to impress people for the short-term.

I'll do my best to make your girlfriends jealous. I want my girlfriend/wife to make my guy friends jealous.
Now don't ask a guy why he likes a football team over another-get a whole commentary. LOL
And why can guys remember the score of a football game 5 years back, but can't remember a wedding anniversary date?
I'm not sure. I think women put a lot of stock into events. They want those special dinners or vacations or anniversaries to reminisce about. I don't care about one time events. I want every day to be good. I want the comfort of knowing that when I come home things will be nice and pleasant. I don't want to be worrying all the time whether she is going to be happy or upset the next day.

Analogy: I used to work at a store and the boss/owner told me he liked when I was at the store because he knew he could go home and relax or go to a movie and not be constantly worried that the store was being trashed. He knew he could trust me and I had integrity. He didn't feel that way about other employees. That's what you get with me. And that's what I want in a relationship. When I'm not with her, I don't want to be constantly worried about her or constantly worried that there will be an argument the next time I see her. I don't want to be "walking on eggshells."

You make it sound like the relationship could be terrible, but as long as he remembers the anniversary and Valentine's day, then you are happy. I don't get that.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow. This thread just gets better and better!!!

- - - -

Great posts, Jovial and Phil Ayesho. You guys should write a book... and then maybe there'd be more happier men out there.

- - - -

Jovial and Phil give the nitty gritty details, but to paint with broad brushstrokes, I recently went from miserable to happier by simply applying one thing: Love is a verb. I realized I wasn't LOVING anymore.

It made a HUGE difference in how I felt, how I treated him, EVERYTHING.

And he is way happier.

- - - - - -

Wow, hang on their my little flambé; you’re looking at an artist here! We’re not bound by rules or establishments! It’s not the canvas or the paint; it’s the expression you create your picture with. Open your mind and reach in; savour the flavour. Imagine chicken and onions mingling with the smokiness of fiery paprika, the hidden passion of bay, the feistiness of thyme and the boldness of cumin. Blend theses with a reduced stock of your own creation and the backbone of a well-rounded red wine. Savour the aroma as you sprinkle in dust of bitter chocolate (well cocoa actually, but..). Then imagine the amalgamation of all, infused through the heat of a sweltering oven. And all you want is cream! Gordon Bennett, you must be a pushover for a MacDonald’s. :biggrin1:

Holy macaroni!! Set an extra place at the table... I'll be right over! :tongue:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
my meals on time, prepared as I specify

laundry washed, folded, and pressed

tidy, dustless, spotless house

garden well-tended, and weed-free

dogs fed & pampered

and, of course, will only speak when spoken to

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Men want whatever it is that they don't currently have.
Once they get it, they often want something else.
Yes, this has often been my experience :frown1:

Men are basically motivated by two things: insecurity and what turns them on. So if a woman proclaims she is a size queen and the guy responding is an intellectual with a five inch dick, you're pretty much guaranteed a response along the scientific lines of "the worldwide average is 5.1 inches and it has been proven through evolution that this is the ideal size for women" bla bla bla. If on the other hand, he has a micropenis and enjoys small penis humiliation, he will gladly read what you have to say and probably have a good jerk-off to it as well. Similarly, if the guy is big, he will feed off of that and love it because it appeals to his vanity. So a man's response is tailored to either defend his ego (we're often more sensitive and insecure than you women), or give himself a hard on.
Interesting, I've never heard it put quite that way before.

my meals on time, prepared as I specify

laundry washed, folded, and pressed

tidy, dustless, spotless house

garden well-tended, and weed-free

dogs fed & pampered

and, of course, will only speak when spoken to
You don't need a husband you need a butler; and a maid.

seahorses

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wow. This thread just gets better and better!!!

- - - -

Great posts, Jovial and Phil Ayesho. You guys should write a book... and then maybe there'd be more happier men out there.

- - - -

Jovial and Phil give the nitty gritty details, but to paint with broad brushstrokes, I recently went from miserable to happier by simply applying one thing: Love is a verb. I realized I wasn't LOVING anymore.

It made a HUGE difference in how I felt, how I treated him, EVERYTHING.

And he is way happier.

- - - - - -

Holy macaroni!! Set an extra place at the table... I'll be right over! :tongue:
You sure now? Cause you won't find no ketcup:biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What men are looking for from women...
Both easy and hard to answer...
I can't really speak for that subset of men who simply want to nail as much pussy as they can before they die....
Can you tell me why there seem to be more of these men out and about than ever before?

Men want women to want us the way we want them.
Men want a woman to respond to our touch welcomingly, eagerly.
We want you to find us admirable and desirable.
If we are a good man... then we want to see in your eyes that you see that in us.
Been there, done that more than once; and I'm still single. :confused::frown1:

Gals... if you are letting your man feel like you are doing him a favor by having sex with him... if you are always telling him how he is wrong about every little thing.... if you always find insult or some other breach in the way he expresses himself.... treat him like you feel he is a doofus.., idiot, incapable...

Well, then you are gonna wake up one day to find him gone.

Not necessarily to the arms of a "younger" woman... cause its seldom about the other woman's age....That is something older women tell themselves to absolve themselves of any responsibility for a failed relationship...

To tell you the truth, the other woman's age probably will have more to do with being young enough, un-jaded enough, to be able to treat a man like she thinks the world of him. Women lose men when they lose respect for them.
People change they can't stay the same way forever. Maybe he grew and changed into a man who was no longer worthy of her respect.

<B>
You gals really have no idea the effect you have on us. I have never met a woman yet who can understand the next sentence; but every man who reads it will...
A woman can be so beautiful to look at that its painful.
</B>
We wish you felt that way about us. (you feel that way about your children... but not us)
That's not fair. I guess I am one of those rare women that loves with her whole heart, all the way and unconditionally. I have loved men like that in the past and been told it was irrational and illogical of me to expect him to be able to love me unconditionally. He said that kind of love is only between a parent and child or siblings. This led me to believe that all men thought this way.

To be honest the only men I have ever seen love a spouse unconditionally have been my father and gay men. (No, my father is not gay!)

You want to keep a man? then make an effort to keep a high regard for him, and to show him you feel that way.
Make him feel like his physical interest in you is not an annoyance, not disgusting, and your body not a "reward" for jumping thru some hoop...
I was the one doing all the loving and jumping through the hoops in my last relationship.

And if you forgive him some transgression... then take it out of the little book you keep in your head... and let it go for real.
I admit it. I have some difficulty with the forget part of forgive and forget. :redface:

Long term Love is not accidental... every day you wake up, you have a decision to make... for both men and women...

Are you going to let the vagaries of life and human failings erode your regard for your mate...?
Are you going to allow yourself to believe something about him that lessens him in your eyes...?

Or are you going to choose to believe the best of him?
Choose to see him the same way you did when the flush of love was fevered?

We all have such romantic ideas about each other when love is new... and we react to the reality of each other's foibles as if our romantic ideal is betrayed.

Each little insult... each thoughtless act... nothing in themselves, build up over time to a resentment and casual disregard.... a callousness in the way we treat each other.

The hard work of love is to not care that each other isn't perfect... to shrug off the pain of an unintended slight...

To genuinely forgive that which hurts us..... and honestly seek redemption for injuries we have done.

If you are with a good man, or a good woman... then you must elect to see them, every day of your lives, with new eyes.

Death is long
life is short
We are doing the best we can, all of us.

We just have to live like we understand.

and Love like we don't remember.

Very well said, your wife is a lucky woman.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think every guy has a different answer on what they want. And some guys will just try to say what they think you want to hear. Also, most people can't easily describe the things that matter most, like personality stuff, but it's easy to talk about physical stuff.

[QUOTE] I want someone that is in as good a shape as me. I'm not exactly sure what that is. I want someone that has grace. I want Cinderella...someone that works hard and doesn't expect too much but deserves a lot. There are too many Cinderella's sisters.
You want a woman who will go running with you and to the gym. (Well that lets me out of the race:tongue:) Cinderella's stepsister's have male counterparts everywhere.

I want someone that is stable. If she had a bad day, I don't want to be abused because of that. (You always hurt the ones you love?) And I don't mean I want her to hold back her feelings. I mean I want her to be grateful each day for what she does have.
I have yet to meet a man capable of this. Are you telling me they exist? :confused:

I want intelligence. Someone that can change herself if shown a better way to do something. Someone that can communicate clearly.

I think men are afraid of commitment because they are afraid of the women changing. Show me that you will be the same sweet person 20 years from now that you are now. Too many people (men and women) just try to impress people for the short-term.
I take umbrage to that remark. It's not good for a person to not change in 20 years. We all change and grow over time. Expecting a woman or a man to be the same person at 45 that they were at 25 is not logical.

I'll do my best to make your girlfriends jealous. I want my girlfriend/wife to make my guy friends jealous.
Make your guy friends jealous, how? I don't really care what other people think of who I date.

I'm not sure. I think women put a lot of stock into events. They want those special dinners or vacations or anniversaries to reminisce about. I don't care about one time events. I want every day to be good. I want the comfort of knowing that when I come home things will be nice and pleasant. I don't want to be worrying all the time whether she is going to be happy or upset the next day.
It sounds like you want to marry a Donna Reed type. Which is fine I just don't think they make that model anymore. :rolleyes: As for that last sentence. Don't marry someone bi-polar and you should be okay. :cool:

Analogy: I used to work at a store and the boss/owner told me he liked when I was at the store because he knew he could go home and relax or go to a movie and not be constantly worried that the store was being trashed
. He knew he could trust me and I had integrity. He didn't feel that way about other employees. That's what you get with me. And that's what I want in a relationship. When I'm not with her, I don't want to be constantly worried about her or constantly worried that there will be an argument the next time I see her. I don't want to be "walking on eggshells."
This says a lot, this is what most women need but don't realize it. :cool: Trust and integrity are so important in any relationship.

You make it sound like the relationship could be terrible, but as long as he remembers the anniversary and Valentine's day, then you are happy. I don't get that.
That's not what we are saying at all. It's just that sometimes even in a good relationship the man can be somewhat inattentive. Valentine's Day, Birthdays, Anniversary those are ways for him to make up for the way he has been the previous few months.

IMHO Too many young women get wrapped up in the wedding and it's planning and execution. They don't think about the marriage that's what they should be saving their energy for. A wedding reception is just a party, a marriage is for a lifetime though . . .when done properly.

All in all I think you and Phil really nailed it. You both stated yourselves clearly and without a lot of rhetoric. I like that. :cool: I may have disagreed with one or two things due to my own personal experience(s) but on the whole I think you two said it way better than anyone else could ever hope to do.

ScottishLad

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Some men are into size.......

Hung men are into it

Some men are into worship.......

Hung men are into it

Some women are into moaning

Some men would just like a shag.....

(What a dull and boring thread. Is this what I am missing by not being straight? Remember and look at the first page; just consider how much this has progressed)

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have yet to meet a man capable of this. Are you telling me they exist? :confused:
Well, I exist. My father used to get stressed out and take it out on his family. Mostly just getting angry about the stupidest stuff. After seeing this, I think I've learned to be pretty good at realizing when I am in a bad mood and try to stop myself before I take it out on others. I see others falling into this trap all the time.
I take umbrage to that remark. It's not good for a person to not change in 20 years. We all change and grow over time. Expecting a woman or a man to be the same person at 45 that they were at 25 is not logical.
I mean not to fundamentally change, or only change for the better. I don't want someone that eats well and exercises, then decides after getting married that staying in shape doesn't matter anymore. I'm just supposed to love her no matter what after that. I am scared of the attitude that once you're married you don't have to care about yourself anymore. Or we're married now, so the rules are going to change.
Make your guy friends jealous, how? I don't really care what other people think of who I date.
I like to show affection. Flirting, playing around and having fun when I'm with other couples. Other girlfriends would see my girlfriend laughing and smiling and they would get jealous. Also, just being a nice and quality person, not acting like a child and having to have her scold me. Being a man. (*currently I don't have a girlfriend, but if/when I do this is what I'd do.)

What would make me jealous of other guys? If their girlfriend was nice and beautiful and worked out to keep herself in great shape. If she was smart, educated, interesting, kind, hard working. Basically, if I wished that I could have a girlfriend/wife like they had I'd be jealous.
This says a lot, this is what most women need but don't realize it. :cool: Trust and integrity are so important in any relationship.
I don't think people realize trust takes a long time to gain and is easily lost. You can't just say "I'm sorry" about something and expect the trust to be back. It's nice to have constants, things you know you can rely on.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Man, you must really want to lay in that coffin. Do you know how hypocritical you sound? These poor comebacks and this "counter-arrogance" is entertaining. I'm afraid I cannot dance with you however; time ticks and I am slightly late. Take care of yourself...
Hey, Symphonic, what was your last username on LPSG? I mean, before you joined this March? Your posting style is familiar, but I can't quite place it... yet.

Cin, in response to your question: more directness. Do not ask questions you don't want us to answer, honestly and succinctly. "Does this dress make me look fat" is off-limits. Do not ask it. Find some other way to fish for compliments. A better way to force a man to give a compliment would be "What do you like best about this dress?" We men have a limitation - we can only answer the questions you do ask, not the ones you want us to hear and interpret.

If we ask you a question, don't read things into it; give us an honest answer to the actual question. "Honey, what do you want to do for our anniversary?" should never, EVER be answered "Oh, nothing..." unless you really mean "nothing." We will take your answer at face value! Honestly, we really are not equipped to be able to figure out that when you scratch your left cheek as you say "oh, nothing" that we are supposed to read that as "I want to go to the Bahamas."

Don't expect us to read your mind. It ain't gonna happen. And don't hold it against us when we cannot read your mind.

And most men would rather be kicked in the balls than to hear the phrase, "If you loved me, you would know _____."

To sum it all up, don't be so subtle. We just don't get it.