what do people think about speedo in pools?

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My belly is too big for me to look nice in speedos. May years and many pounds/kilos ago, I wore them and I was totally comfortable with the idea.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
They were invented in Australia & are still popular here, especially with serious swimmers.

And lifesavers.
http://www.ulverstoneslsc.org/photos/surf%20sports/reel.jpg

The odd thing is I have grown up with guys looking like this & it doesnt turn me on at all.

Main EU HQ has just moved from the centre of Nottingham (They still have an office, just of Aspely Lane), to a place just outside of Mansfield, North Nottingham.

Used to go past their old factory, in the Bobbers Mill area of Nottingham, where I used to work.

As for traditional Speedo's, some guys they look fantastic on, but for someone like me (Getting a bit of a belly on me now, aka middle age spread!), the Aquashort cut design they do, tends to work better, and they basically use the same fabrics, as used in the "Budgie Smuggler" design.

Last edited:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Being the victim of middle aged spread I certainly don't suit them nor would I wear them. I do get a smile out of people getting all righteous about about others wearing them on beaches and in public pools. Get a fucking grip on reality springs to mind.

D_Skid_Marque

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have me a pair of speedo trunks, not the ones they use in the olympics. Honestly I was hellishly self concious about the whole thing last summer vacation when I forgot my board shorts and had to use my speedo in the hotel swimming pools.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I prefer nothing for swimming but prefer a speedo to board shorts when in a textile situation. Speedos are frowned on in very conservative USA because they don't want to see any evidence of male genitals. At the same time it is acceptable for the most gross of overweight women to wear a tight swimsuit that shows cameltoe deep enough to hide a camel.

This is an interesting comment because on one side people are conservative and don't want to see any bulges per se but there are guys who wear basketball shorts without underwear and let it swing. How can one be fine and the other not?

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
really depends on the circumstance.... for a mixed crowd board/longer/fuller shorts are more acceptable... I think speedos have a 'sexual' connotation to some (like a tiny bikini v.s. a more fuller cut bathing suit for a woman...

I think you could swap this argument easily into ...trade 'speedo' for 'tiny bikini' (or 2 piece or better yet 'thong') and you would get the same discussion..

I agree, swimming nude is the best but....not always acceptable...