What do WOMEN want?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I have to agree with pretty much all of what merc said (apart from the bits that are personal to herself and her situation - which obviously are not mine to agree or disagree with).

I spent a long time in a relationship with a man who thought / assumed he was giving me what I wanted a sacrifising his own needs for mine and that attitude went a long toward driving the wedge between us that killed the relationship. The man 'martyring' himself to the work place so the happy wife can stay home and bake cookies and finger paint with preschoolers is a popular image in the minds of men but you forget that the women who choose to stay home these days are also giving something up (usually to benefit the kid(s)) and while we enjoy our mother / homemaker roles we also know we are missing out on a lot of adult interaction that we also need. Many men don't get that. They see that we love the kids and I personally put a lot of effort into it - but I do miss the workplace, and having adult friends who don't discuss the latest bout of the measels and so on, so on. I don't want this to turn into a whole big debate about who has it worse and I was grateful to my husband for giving me the option of staying at home - but when he needed time out from work I worked from home and did the majority the homemaker / child caring jobs too - so it is not like I did not give back.

I'm also not saying Phil's wife feels the same as me - I have no idea. I am saying that a certain section of men seem to forget that life is not all Snowwhite playing housekeeping with her forest friends a la Disney for the stay at home mother.

Getting back to the balance of needs in a relationship - Phil, why was your wife's need/desire to have kids more important than your need/desire not to. If she truly loved you would she not have foregone motherhood to keep you happy?

You say
And I think its a valid complaint for men to point out that they do the things for their women that mean the most to their women....
whereas the things that may mean the most to men do not get equal status of importance from the girls.

but do you not see situations where women could say that about their men? - I do, very many - about as many women feel that way as men do, in my experience. Why do think it is exclusive to (or in the majority for) men?

Manly you suggest that a man not wanting kids or marriage should not do so... Well, if we all only did those things we wanted, unwilling to bend to the needs of another... we would ALL live alone.

No - people just need to find someone who wants the same things or at least someone who is prepared to make some compromises and does so with eyes wide open. There is no point in me taking up with a man (or woman) who is going to be unhappy that I am a mother already, or someone who will accept that grudgingly, or even say there is no problem but feel put upon for having another man's offspring in his home. I need (and have) someone who is totally accepting of that and is capable of thinking ahead to what it means and who won't find himself made miserable by it.

All relationships, sexual and non-sexual work that way.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No - people just need to find someone who wants the same things or at least someone who is prepared to make some compromises and does so with eyes wide open. There is no point in me taking up with a man (or woman) who is going to be unhappy that I am a mother already, or someone who will accept that grudgingly, or even say there is no problem but feel put upon for having another man's offspring in his home. I need (and have) someone who is totally accepting of that and is capable of thinking ahead to what it means and who won't find himself made miserable by it.

All relationships, sexual and non-sexual work that way.
QFMFT.

no thanks honey... i've got my own :cool:
She shoots...she scores! :biggrin1:

O

OldFirm08

by the way stacy, I love your new hot photos. 'bout time!! Enjoy much.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Here is ther real secret..Men are you ready?
Get pens and papers at the ready because you will need this in the future.

It is the tiny little things that women notice and treasure.
Holding a door open, a cup of coffee in the morning, loading the dishwasher.
Hosing the car down when there is dew on the car windows.
Running a bath for her.
It is these small gestures every day that tell her that you respect her, love her and that you notice her.
These carry more weight that the grand gesture once a year.
But please note...
These gestures only carry weight if you do them because you want to do them.
There is a huge disapointment in a womans heart when she has to remind her man to care about her.
Sure ask her what she likes but then remember.
Belive it or not MEN,
your womenfolk spend a great percentage of their day figuring out ways to please you.
From sex, to the meals they prepare for you to making sure you have clean and beautifully ironed clothes to wear to work every day.
Remembering jokes and little stories to make you laugh and smile.
Another important aspect is apprecation.
Say thankyou to her.
Gather her up in your arms and kiss her and tell her that you are grateful for what she does and how much time she spends.
That speaks to a womans soul and touches her heart like nothing else will.

:sigh:

Oh, cruel Fates...why do you mock me so...?

lilbighorn

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do women really like to swallow? Do they really like it as anal?

I dunno, I guess some do. I don't think you have to be a doctor to realize that with the large ones here, it would.... hurt....

blondstranger

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The fact that you even know what that is...much less desire to have one...is just effin' hot.

Of course, I'd never go after a guy because he was loaded. In fact, I had dinner with a well off gentleman this very evening and I paid for it because he was my guest. He most assuredly could have paid and not missed it but I didn't think that was appropriate. I really hope most men know that most women are this way. :smile:

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This thread is silly. People have been saying you shouldn't ask your partner to do something they don't want to do. But then why doesn't that apply to things other than sex? There's give and take with everything in a relationship and that should include sex. Hopefully, everything balances out so both parties feel like they are getting back as much as they give.
For girls, sex is like ice cream... they may really like it... really enjoy it... but they can go without it for a while and its not a problem

For boys, sex is like food.
They can go without it for a little while... but the longer they go, the harder it gets to think about anything BUT food.
What world are you living in? There are boys that can go without sex and girls that can't go without sex.
I like getting random messages (texts, pms, ims, emails, etc.) to know that I'm being thought about... to know that in the middle of someone's hectic, hectic day they thought about me enough to pick up their phone and say so.
But how many women in relationships will see that the guy doesn't send these random messages and have the will power to break up and find someone that does think about them throughout the day? Seems like a lot will stay in the relationship and just complain about it.
Belive it or not MEN,
your womenfolk spend a great percentage of their day figuring out ways to please you.
From sex, to the meals they prepare for you to making sure you have clean and beautifully ironed clothes to wear to work every day.
But women have to realize they shouldn't do things that the man will not appreciate, then get mad when he doesn't appreciate it. If I say I don't want a big, complicated meal, then you make that anyway, then don't expect me to appreciate it more.

And why say "From sex" as if the sex is only for men's pleasure? The sex could be 5 times better for the woman than the man, but the woman will still have the attitude that he should be thankful for her giving him sex.

Like they say, when a woman says the relationship is great that means all of her needs are met. The man's needs aren't considered.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This thread is silly. People have been saying you shouldn't ask your partner to do something they don't want to do. But then why doesn't that apply to things other than sex?
It does apply to things other than sex, but that wasn't the topic at hand. There's give and take with everything in a relationship and that should include sex. Hopefully, everything balances out so both parties feel like they are getting back as much as they give.
What world are you living in? There are boys that can go without sex and girls that can't go without sex.
I'm glad you said that. :cool:

But how many women in relationships will see that the guy doesn't send these random messages and have the will power to break up and find someone that does think about them throughout the day? Seems like a lot will stay in the relationship and just complain about it.
Some don't even complain about it they just slowly die inside. :frown1: Unfortunately nice men are not everywhere as you would have us believe. :mad: Sometimes, some women, settle for the lesser of the evils. Some women have to have a man, even a bad man, to feel they have worth. :frown1:

But women have to realize they shouldn't do things that the man will not appreciate, then get mad when he doesn't appreciate it. If I say I don't want a big, complicated meal, then you make that anyway, then don't expect me to appreciate it more.
The problem is most men don't talk so we have no clue what you do or don't appreciate. We have to guess and that gets old pretty darn quick.

FWIW fellas, the fact some men can eat PB&J for lunch and dinner 4 out of 5 days does not make you a catch. It makes you kinda boring. :tongue: :rolleyes:

And why say "From sex" as if the sex is only for men's pleasure? The sex could be 5 times better for the woman than the man, but the woman will still have the attitude that he should be thankful for her giving him sex.
Well I don't want to brag; but I have had more than one man thank me afterwards. It can make ones head swell a bit to hear that. :wink:

Like they say, when a woman says the relationship is great that means all of her needs are met. The man's needs aren't considered.[/QUOTE] BULLSHIT, I'm sorry you have dated selfish, uncaring, or manipulative women in the past but we aren't all like that. Many of us care what our man thinks, feels, and desires in and out o the bedroom. Some of us actually derive pleasure from making our man happy and meeting his needs whatever they may be. :cool:

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
Like they say, when a woman says the relationship is great that means all of her needs are met. The man's needs aren't considered.

BULLSHIT, I'm sorry you have dated selfish, uncaring, or manipulative women in the past but we aren't all like that. Many of us care what our man thinks, feels, and desires in and out o the bedroom. Some of us actually derive pleasure from making our man happy and meeting his needs whatever they may be. :cool:

amen! just because some women are selfish doesn't mean we all are.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
...a gentle, sensuous loving fuck every once in a while? :)

I really have no idea.

Politeness, restraint, patience, consideration and a guy who will pick up once in a while and clean the dishes before putting food on them (and serving it to her)....

I'm sure the ladies have horror stories about guys....

Nosing picking, belching farting, asinine types...like I used to date...