Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
<snip> I bought a full length mink coat that year I think. I did not really want it but I did it to piss off the PETA people protesting in front of Bloomingdales.

I think I LOVE You!! :hug:

About the only thing that I remember is that I bought my first truck, a lifted 1970 C10 fleetside 4x4 with a 350LT1. So many memories :biggrin1:, most definitely still my most favorite truck of all times!!

Last edited:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
returned from an extensive OE
needed to be responsible & seek out employment
failed on that score, for a year or so bumming in Aus.
as in a further working holiday, that is.

incidentally mate got bitten by a deadly snake also .. he survived'
what can happen when climbing the highest mountain available to view the multi coloured sunrise'
lifetime & a 1/2 to get him assistance, it seemed? ha
Gold Tops were wonderful, beautiful Golden Knob on em
Blue Meanies rather scrawny, often found in Cowpats actually, the pure organics of it all

annnnnnd uhm had not had my first fckd yet - hick hhaha

Attila the Hung

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Whenever I think of 1982 I always recall the number of great boxing fights that took place, some truly legendary bouts were fought in that one year including my all-time favourite fight and the one that today still stands as the best fight I have ever seen and I have seen thousands, the 4th meeting between Bobby "Schoolboy" Chacon against Rafael "Bazooka" Limon the jr.lightweight champ (130lbs).

Chacon won the title that day in front of his hometown fans in a epic back and forth war in which he was dropped twice in the fight (2nd and 10th rds), and going into the last round Bobby needed a KO or knockdown to win it and sure enough with less than 20 seconds left in the fight he flattens Limon who groggily got up at the count of 9 which is precisely when the bell rung to end the fight.

What made this fight all the more special was that Bobby dedicated it to his wife Valerie who had comitted suicide the year before leaving him alone to care for their three children. Just goes to show that when you fight for the memory of a loved one you can push yourself to heights that normally you wouldn`t achieve, just like when Buster Douglas flattened Mike Tyson in Tokyo, before their fight his dying mother asked the 50 to 1 underdog Douglas to win his fight against Tyson for her, and well we all know the rest....

D_Natalie Attired

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
the thriller album i got for my 6th birthday E.T the extra-terrestrial and can't forget about the atari 2600 game console, breakout, centipede still have it actually, althought its collecting dust. so many memories but but it take up the whole thread! lol

dlfellow

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i was 9 yrs. old. my favorite cartoons were spider-man and his amazing friends(no shit check out my avatar right?) and fat albert,
i used to dance my ass off every saturday afternoon watching soul train,i remember my school having a teacher's strike,and i went to school untill July 2nd(that sucked.. it was no air conditioning anywhere in that building)
and the LA Lakers ruined my summer as well, when they beat my beloved Philadephia 76ers(again!!!)
oh yeah... i got into a big fight with a 12 year-old because i liked Michael Jackson's Off The Wall album better than Thriller...and to this day i still do.

Beaker44

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
1982, the Falklands war started; I was GOING to go on a cruise for a holiday, but the cruise ship was commisioned for the war. Went to Barbados instead.