What do you call people from ....Game

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Though I'm certain it's unofficial, here in New York they are sometimes called Massholes. This is a tough one and I truly didn't know it until I looked. I'm kind of embarrassed as I know so many from Mass including my father!
If you've ever driven in Boston you'd understand where that unofficial term came from. lol

What are they officially called then?

I'd rather have a Subaru. :)

What do you call people from Buenos Aires?

Buenos Arian I believe

People from Luxembourg are called...

Channelwood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Luxembourgers, and a tasty group they are!

This is actually one of those trivia topics that has interested me for years, so I'll toss in three of my favorites:

People from Glasgow, Scotland are called ... (this is perhaps my favorite sounding word, EVER)

People from Connecticut (US) are called ...

People from Maine (US) are called ...

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Luxembourgers, and a tasty group they are!

This is actually one of those trivia topics that has interested me for years, so I'll toss in three of my favorites:

People from Glasgow, Scotland are called ... (this is perhaps my favorite sounding word, EVER)

Glaswegians.

People from Connecticut (US) are called ...

When I lived there I called them Connectifuckers, but that state and I were a poor match.

Reactions: MickeyLee

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Charlottans?...lol

What's the label for people from Illinios?

Yep, Charlotte is indeed full of Charlatans er, I mean Charlotteans.

People from Illinois are called Illinoisans, I believe.

My favorites are the ites:

Manhattanites
Brooklynites
Denverites
Seattleites (kinda sounds like satellite, huh?)

and the villeians:

Nashvilleians
Jacksonvilleans

those sound like one of my favorite words: Vaudevilleian, or even villain, like those cities are full of villains.:biggrin:

But what about Louisville? Louisvilleans is much too hard to say, especially with all the different ways people pronounce Louisville.:eek:

What do you call people from the Bronx?

If you've ever driven in Boston you'd understand where that unofficial term came from. lol

I lived in Boston and kept a car in front of cousin's place in Brookline where there was no charge for parking. I returned to my car one day to find it boxed in completely. I had to put it in gear, tap the bumper of the cars behind and ahead of me, and PUSH them back (or forward) enough to get out. It sucked but I got out without any damage to my car. Don't know (and don't care) about theirs.

What are they officially called then?

Webster's claims they're called, "Bay Staters." It's a complete end run around the entire problem of having an awkward suffix-based demonym.

I think Connecticut is in the same boat. They're Nutmeggers.

I'd rather have a Subaru. :)

:redface:

I found another good one. Kiribati. If anyone knows this without looking it up I'll be very surprised. It's bizarre.

Gilbertese :wink:

What do you call residents of Glasgow and what is the colloquial term for them?

Nope! They actually have a demonym based upon the country's name.

They're Glaswegians (as has been noted above this post :redface:). The colloquial term I don't know.